Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

So no private/friend matches in this game right?

From the Lobby menu you can scroll down to Player Match (or maybe Create Player Match? I forget) and apply a password to your room that way.

Unrelated but does anyone know if Tension Pulse is affected solely by the directions you hold (i.e. like in UNIEL) or if said input actually has to result in an action?  i.e. Do I lose tension pulse by buffering a charger during some other action (i.e. jumping forward or attacking) or will I only lose it if I charge at neutral in a way that results in my actually crouching/walking backwards (i.e. the charge being "visible")?

Unrelated but does anyone know if Tension Pulse is affected solely by the directions you hold (i.e. like in UNIEL) or if said input actually has to result in an action? i.e. Do I lose tension pulse by buffering a charger during some other action (i.e. jumping forward or attacking) or will I only lose it if I charge at neutral in a way that results in my actually crouching/walking backwards (i.e. the charge being "visible")?

Tension pulse is only affected by the actual movement/actions of your character.

Tension pulse is only affected by the actual movement/actions of your character.

Good to know.  I remember Vatista would lose/gain GRD based on the direction she was charging (it was actually possible to tell which move she was charging this way, albeit difficult), so I figured I'd check.

Stage is based on the character making the selection and auto should be the opponent. That's the criteria for the arcade stage/music selection, at least.

I was kinda wondering about IAD after jump canceling.

I can IAD fluently in neutral but after jump canceling the air dash just doesn't come out most of the time.

Anyone had the same problem and managed to deal with it ?

I can IAD fluently in neutral but after jump canceling the air dash just doesn't come out most of the time.

Here's the deal. You can input jump cancels before your move even connects. However, you can't actually input an airdash until you're airborne. So you have to know when you actually are jumping out of the move (which is after hitstop) and time your air dash just as you leave the ground. You can still use the 9,6 shortcut, but the 6 has to be timed correctly. I think there is still a decent-sized window for the input, but you can definitely air dash too early.

It becomes really easy over time.

Here's the deal. You can input jump cancels before your move even connects. However, you can't actually input an airdash until you're airborne. So you have to know when you actually are jumping out of the move (which is after hitstop) and time your air dash just as you leave the ground. You can still use the 9,6 shortcut, but the 6 has to be timed correctly. I think there is still a decent-sized window for the input, but you can definitely air dash too early.

It becomes really easy over time.

Yh that's what I thought.

Until now i am not used to the longer hitstop compared to older games.

So how long is the IAD window ?

Yh that's what I thought.

Until now i am not used to the longer hitstop compared to older games.

So how long is the IAD window ?

...the hitstop is the same. I feel like I've had to say this a lot the last couple of weeks. It really is.

...the hitstop is the same. I feel like I've had to say this a lot the last couple of weeks. It really is.

It is.

That's why Sol players had to adjust their timing when doing dustloops

I just time it so that i jump cancel when the move actually connects. I cant seem to air dash if i jump before then.

It is.

From +R? j.D's startup changed. From #Reload? Shrug.

Kedako did frame-by-frame video and found the hitstop was the same from level to level, down to the frame. Only real system data that changed was FD blockstun for level 2+ (3+) moves.

It is.

D-Loop timing is different now because j.D has more recovery than it ever has before.

How do you manually save replays? I turned off the auto save but I can't seem to notice a promt to save replays now.

How do you manually save replays? I turned off the auto save but I can't seem to notice a promt to save replays now.

It doesn't seem like there is a prompt for online replays. There's an option to let you choose there to be one for offline versus, but online is apparently just auto-save or off.

So what are some good characters to start out with in Xrd, especially for someone with little experience in Guilty Gear?

If we're speaking purely in a sense of just wanting to learn the system/general mechanics Sol, Ky, and Faust are all easy and strong picks.

Ok so I have the japanese download version of the game. The US DLC for Elphet doesn't unlock her in game and on the japanese PSN when I go to the elphelt DLC there's no bag icon next to the text where it would activate her, and when I click it some message about GG XRD Sign pops up. If I go through the game's store to characters, the option to get her isn't there. 

Halp

Ok so I have the japanese download version of the game. The US DLC for Elphet doesn't unlock her in game and on the japanese PSN when I go to the elphelt DLC there's no bag icon next to the text where it would activate her, and when I click it some message about GG XRD Sign pops up. If I go through the game's store to characters, the option to get her isn't there. 

Halp

You'll likely have to buy her for the JP version when she releases for those who didn't get JP pre-loads later this week along with Leo.