Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

In regards to axls.. tk.

just do

Thats the best way to do it imo. And i play on pad.

just make sure to almost delay the HS.. input so you give axl enough time to get of the ground...

Question for you hackers ps3 guilty gear xrd hackers to be exact.. i know you can get leo but idont care about him.. i care about the color that yiu cant select. . The paired color .. can yiu hack the game and pick that cikor ?

Thanks

Does anyone know if the patch to stop desync with voice disrepency online came out?  I haven't heard anything about it since.

It came out for PS4 a few days ago, and should be out this weekend for PS3.

What does the start button do in a room/lobby? I see a dice-rolling animation, but I have no idea what it's for.

For Xrd, AcrSys were particularly in-tune with the US fighting game scene. Atleast, more so than usual.

It's so you can play Craps.

How the hell do I make use of custom voice packs? I cant find it anywhere. Was expecting to find something under Sound...

edit: Yeah ok, found it.

how do you use the search ID to invite ps4 players (like what do ps4 players have to do to join ps3 lobbies?)

how do you use the search ID to invite ps4 players (like what do ps4 players have to do to join ps3 lobbies?)

It's really funky and I don't think you can. All my PS3 friends say they see me as though I was offline when trying to invite me and I can't invite anyone from my PS4. PS3 people also can't enter PS4 private rooms by searching the room ID (because they have no way to enter that ID). Hosting a password-only player room is sometimes visible for the other platform, other times it isn't.

The only way I've managed to play matches with my friends so far was going into an empty region, hosting a room, calling it "PRIVATE" and telling them where to go. If anyone random decides to jump in, we do the quick message "Please check the room name" and remove him unless he's only there as a spectator.

In other words, the entire process is more convoluted than it needs to be. It's good for longer sessions, but if you just want to jump in and play, the new Network system is absolutely horrible.

hello everyone

I'm having so much difficult with air dashes. The standard 66 or 44 in the air are fine. I'm having issues with 96 or 74.

It seems it's very inconsistent when I do it. I have practiced them for a long time and still don't have it about 50%.

I use a stick and the input is not always clean. For example when I hit 9 it will show 6 then 9 and when I release it it will show 8 or 6 depending on which way the stick is more towards.

I'm working on a combo for Millia, the js, jd, iad, js and I got it twice last night. The problem is my air dash comes out too slow most of the time, when I even get an air dash.

So I figured I should learn to get iAd from the ground at a much higher rate. I've tried doing so much stuff and it doesn't seem to help. Any guidance would be great. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello everyone

I'm having so much difficult with air dashes. The standard 66 or 44 in the air are fine. I'm having issues with 96 or 74

Instant Air Dashes (IAD) are much easier to do in neutral, than in a combo. 956 works as an input because the forward part in 9 also registers as the first part of the dash.

When you want to jumpcancel a move in a combo, that's not hard to learn usually. The game has a long buffer for the jump you input, and you can press up very early and it will register.

The problem is when you get used to that, and want to learn IAD in combos. If you press jump too early, then the character will jump but 956 won't register as an IAD. So you have to input the 956 just before your character would actually jump out, to not lose the input shortcut.

So my advice is: learn to IAD on the ground, as close to the ground possible (that means fast input). After that, in combos delay the IAD input as much as you can. Try doing that until the IAD comes out every time. This still won't combo probably. If you can consistently IAD at this point, you can just try input earlier and earlier till the combo starts working.

Well, many people had problems with IAD in combos in the Venom forums as well. You could look for additional tips there. 

Anybody know how the "possession bonus" in M.O.M. works? Does it power up the thing based on how many you have or what? Or is there not a bonus at all and it just calls the number of items that?

Do you need PS+ to netplay on the PS4 version of Xrd?

Well, unfortunately, yes, since PS4 requires PS+ to play online matches.

Anybody know how the "possession bonus" in M.O.M. works? Does it power up the thing based on how many you have or what? Or is there not a bonus at all and it just calls the number of items that?

I'm not sure if it increases anything, I've had the items/skills with more in possesion, but I don't think it really does anything, what you'd rather be seeing instead is the "Aptitude Level", which I think, powers up certain skills once you hit a certain "Score" area and makes them stronger, of course, you have to play a lot of M.O.M. to do all that and level a lot, lol.

hello everyone

I'm having so much difficult with air dashes. The standard 66 or 44 in the air are fine. I'm having issues with 96 or 74.

It seems it's very inconsistent when I do it. I have practiced them for a long time and still don't have it about 50%.

If you can't do IAD raw (without a normal beforehand), you are probably trying to do the motion too fast. You have a good window to input the 6 in 9,6

I use a stick and the input is not always clean. For example when I hit 9 it will show 6 then 9 and when I release it it will show 8 or 6 depending on which way the stick is more towards.

Just learn how to do it cleanly and slowly. You can gradually speed it up once you can do the motion consistently.

I'm working on a combo for Millia, the js, jd, iad, js and I got it twice last night. The problem is my air dash comes out too slow most of the time, when I even get an air dash.

Are you doing it on an already jumping opponent, like in one of the challenges? If so, you could be doing the IAD correctly, but the opponent is just not at the right height. That combo can be finnicky

As for IAD's in combos, you need to learn the timing for the jump cancel. Hitstop prevents you from pre buffering the IAD j.S during the first j.D. You just have to get the manual delay down.

IAD input is 956. you HAVE to allow the the stick to return to neutral in between inputs. it seems quick if your just learning.

if your trying to do combos, then it becomes much harder, dependent on character, sometimes you may be better with 756 or even 866.

Thanks for the tips everyone

So my advice is: learn to IAD on the ground, as close to the ground possible (that means fast input). After that, in combos delay the IAD input as much as you can. Try doing that until the IAD comes out every time. This still won't combo probably. If you can consistently IAD at this point, you can just try input earlier and earlier till the combo starts working.

Well, many people had problems with IAD in combos in the Venom forums as well. You could look for additional tips there.

How low to the ground can you do the iad? Most of mine only seem to register around the height of the jump.

I also was trying to jump cancel and the do 6. I didn't know it had to be done before the jump comes out.

It was against a jumping opponent. I think it was Millias challenge number 23 or so.

I've practiced a lot and I am getting a little discouraged. I like Millia playstyle but it seems to require good execution and which maybe hard for me to get really good at. It did take me a while to get good with jin as well. Thanks for all the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can either put a password on your room or set all the slots in the room to private, I believe.

Is this PS4 only?  I don't see anything like that.

Nevermind I'm stupid.

Edited by Poultrygeist

For Skills, the more of them you have in stock, the shorter the cooldown time when using it.

For Accessories, the more of them you have in stock, the greater your attack power is increased while the Accessory is equipped.

This is unrelated to the effect of the Accessory itself.

For Skills, the more of them you have in stock, the shorter the cooldown time when using it.

For Accessories, the more of them you have in stock, the greater your attack power is increased while the Accessory is equipped.

This is unrelated to the effect of the Accessory itself.

OK cool. So I should keep extras of everything I actually find useful and sell the rest.

Is there an input lag for using programmed button combinations (aka Macros eg L1 and L2 default on PS3) as opposed to simply doing P+S+K or H+D?

How low to the ground can you do the iad? Most of mine only seem to register around the height of the jump.

That was the point I was making about you trying to slow down your inputs and just do the IAD slowly and consistently. You can't do IADs that low anyway. The restrictions on air dashes are much more stringent on characters rising from a jump than characters that are about to land.

Millia's combo is a bit different from IAD'ing from the ground though because she's IAD'ing from a jumping move, which means the height restriction doesn't apply to her. So you have to input the air dash sooner after the jump than you would off the ground.

I also was trying to jump cancel and the do 6. I didn't know it had to be done before the jump comes out.

You can input a jump cancel very early (as soon as your move hits the opponent), but you can't input the air dash until you've already started your jump.

It was against a jumping opponent. I think it was Millias challenge number 23 or so.

That's what I thought. That combo they're teaching you seems extremely height-specific for the opponent and spacing specific. It actually won't work if you're too close to the opponent. So don't be discouraged by that combo; there are better ones that are more consistent. The trials have lots of good pieces and some of the combos are even optimal, but lots of them are outdated by this point. Just work through the combos for the character knowledge they provide (like Millia disk setups), then try to learn off the Dustloop boards.

I've practiced a lot and I am getting a little discouraged. I like Millia playstyle but it seems to require good execution and which maybe hard for me to get really good at. It did take me a while to get good with jin as well. Thanks for all the help

Honestly you should probably just stick with it and don't rush yourself to have amazing execution. In addition to learning the actual execution of IAD, you just have to be super familiar with your character to be 100% consistent.

This is the type of combo where once you're actually used to the combo, you should hit it 100% of the time.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I am wondering if it is possible for me to get any of the color packs?

I downloaded the game off the US PSN store for ps4, but I live in europe so naturally my ps+ account is european. So basically I have two questions.

1. From what I understand the x-mas color pack is exclusive to Japan. If i made a Japanese psn account and downloaded the pack would it jive with the US version of the game?

2. Is there some kind of fancy way for me to get the ps+ color pack even though my ps+ account is linked to the european store? (I´m assuming the color pack wont show up on EU psn because the game isn´t on there.)

TYVM

Thanks for the tips everyone

I've practiced a lot and I am getting a little discouraged. 

as far as i'm concerned IAD combos are the hardest shit in GG, they are basically links with more than timing requirements. To make you feel better you could RC to give yourself more time you will still look cool, but your wasting 50% meter and giving someone a massive advantage. Eventually it will come easier.

I'm in the same boat, I can do them off line maybe 5/10, but not consistent enough to finish combos for knockdown probably get them 2/10. 

Its a lil worse for me, I don't really like any of the characters here. (Johnny/Order Sol/Jam/Robo Ky/Kliff/Aba/Baiken/zappa) I should of waited for Xrd reloaded.