Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Is there a page that explains what is unlockable and what is available only via purchase? I don't want to buy something that is actually unlockable in-game.

So far, I think the only thing available for purchase that you can unlock is Sin.

EDIT: Dammit, ninja'd

what is slip recovery? It's in the training mode and for some reason I never questioned it before.

Slip Recovery is the rate at which a character mashes out of stagger.

Quick question. What's the benefit of a Purple Roman Cancel?

Well, the benefit I heard, its that its 2nd slowest for slow down, and if you whiff/miss an attack, the purple cancel can either go on the offensive a bit, or defense if you're sure the opponent would attack, but that's what I heard much from the tuturoial.

I guess the others here can explain it better than I can, lol. :v:

Quick question. What's the benefit of a Purple Roman Cancel?

Nothing... Ok well if you whiff a move completely and have 50% tension and need to burn it to avoid big damage then.. thats it.

I never use this mechanic and feel it's not something this game even needs.  You're constantly canceling your moves at the start anyway, so it's a very rare use of your meter already.

Actually the only time I ever use this is when I do Chipps 632146 OD with full meter just to see if I can snag someone in the air.  If I didn't I can purple roman cancel it.. lol...

I'm pretty sure the only reason PRCs are in the game is because they wanted you to be able to roman cancel any time (well almost), but didn't want you to be able to whiff stuff all over the place without getting punished. So PRCs exist but are purposely pretty bad to fulfill those goals.

It sounds like there isn't much use for it at all, especially if you properly utilize YRCs and RRCs. Thanks for clearing that up, y'all!

Are Gold and Black colors supposed to be in this game? I just downloaded the all colors pack and my colors 7 and 8 are Gold and Black (like EX characters in old games?)

Are Gold and Black colors supposed to be in this game? I just downloaded the all colors pack and my colors 7 and 8 are Gold and Black (like EX characters in old games?)

First I've heard of it. Screenshots? Which characters?

For Xrd, AcrSys were particularly in-tune with the US fighting game scene. Atleast, more so than usual.

It's so you can play Craps.

... Why would... you want to play craps...?

I'm being serious.

First I've heard of it. Screenshots? Which characters?

https://twitter.com/JufeMiettinen/status/550064200232730626

I had these for almost all the characters. They were gone when I booted the game again, and then I had the normal DLC colors. I think it was some sort of glitch when I purchased them via the Store option in-game. I wonder if we're getting these for real at some point.

https://twitter.com/JufeMiettinen/status/550064200232730626

I had these for almost all the characters. They were gone when I booted the game again, and then I had the normal DLC colors. I think it was some sort of glitch when I purchased them via the Store option in-game. I wonder if we're getting these for real at some point.

Haha wow.

Well I would love it if I could use the colors without the stat boosts.

Just finished story mode, I want to add that 

Elphelt's Black color was the same one she has at the end of story mode; Glowing hair, red eyes and everything else is black.

Yeah, that's a glitch alright. Cool that those colors exist! I wonder what their plans are...

Has anyone ever figured out a relative list of throw ranges?  Not necessarily exact but something more precise than "Pot's throw is hueg and everyone else's is okay"?

I haven't checked cause I never thought to, but can you disable subtitles?  I ask for literally no other reason than because I want to take an HD screenshot of Bedman's shit eating grin in his victory pose.

I haven't checked cause I never thought to, but can you disable subtitles?  I ask for literally no other reason than because I want to take an HD screenshot of Bedman's shit eating grin in his victory pose.

Well, no, appearently, since there's no option to disable it anywhere. (Believe me, I tried looking for it too just in case.)

I wanna do ranked matches to increase my level how do I do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While in a Lobby, press Traingule and a Menu will show different Options, one of those is Ranked.