Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Hi everyone. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I just don't understand the way moves and combos are described. I'm use to stuff like QCF and HCB for moves, but everyone uses numbers and letter like 5K > 5S (close). I have no idea what this means and was hoping someone could point me towards a legend that describes this. Hopefully I'm making sense. Thanks!

EDIT: another example: 623K > 2HS > j.4HS

I just have no idea how the above translates to a PS4 controller. :X

If you mean in Xrd, then yeah, its a better version of DI from the previous GG's, since you can...

1. Still do multi-hit Volcanic Viper.

2. Dunno if Bandit Revolver still does its 4/5-hit and fire effect in this one.

3. Riot Stomp multi explosive hit on contact.

4. Perform new mid-air command throw.

5. And lastly, Tyrant Rave becomes full-screen, and IK is slightly same and shorter due to Sol's DI being active.

In addition to this, DI during Hellfire state lasts SIGNIFICANTLY longer than regular DI. Imo, DI is like a comeback super so it's only worth it when in Hellfire due to the prolonged duration. It definitely has it's uses now and while you can combo into it, the confirms leading to  it are already super high damage anyways that they aren't worth using 50 meter in.

In addition to this, DI during Hellfire state lasts SIGNIFICANTLY longer than regular DI. Imo, DI is like a comeback super so it's only worth it when in Hellfire due to the prolonged duration. It definitely has it's uses now and while you can combo into it, the confirms leading to it are already super high damage anyways that they aren't worth using 50 meter in.

What is hellfire ?

What is hellfire ?

A state you enter by default when your life bar is only 20% or less. When you land a damaging super you'll notice the game say "HELL FIRE" but not only damaging supers benefit from it. An easy way to tell you're in hellfire is that your life bar will be blinking orange rather than its usual color.

A state you enter by default when your life bar is only 20% or less. When you land a damaging super you'll notice the game say "HELL FIRE" but not only damaging supers benefit from it. An easy way to tell you're in hellfire is that your life bar will be blinking orange rather than its usual color.

U playing right now ?

Online i cant do any combos won my first ever maych tough but combos nope how can i start a ground combo with sol cause in my opinion 3 hits is not maximizing damage

Sol Combos, right here on DL:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8267-xrd-sol-badguy-combo-thread-updated-12292014/

Challenge mode in game will teach you combos as well, but they may not be the best.

Combos require practice in order to get them assigned to muscle memory. How long it takes varies person to person.

Combos in GG are often distance, starter, and/or character specific. Doing combos in game, and properly confirming hits, is a skill you will need to acquire naturally through play (though certain training mode set-ups can help).

Netplay is never a substitute for offline play, and depending on your connection quality certain combos may be very hard to do on netplay. If all else fails, learn a simple ground combo into knockdown, and a simple air combo into Volcanic Viper -> knockdown kick.

Sol Combos, right here on DL:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8267-xrd-sol-badguy-combo-thread-updated-12292014/

Challenge mode in game will teach you combos as well, but they may not be the best.

Combos require practice in order to get them assigned to muscle memory. How long it takes varies person to person.

Combos in GG are often distance, starter, and/or character specific. Doing combos in game, and properly confirming hits, is a skill you will need to acquire naturally through play (though certain training mode set-ups can help).

Netplay is never a substitute for offline play, and depending on your connection quality certain combos may be very hard to do on netplay. If all else fails, learn a simple ground combo into knockdown, and a simple air combo into Volcanic Viper -> knockdown kick.

Ok thanks these combos are actually badass in challenge

Can some one tell me what 5 k and all that short hand for moves stands for I'm coming from sf so idk what any thing means

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the explanations for the numbers are a few posts up - numpad notation for joystick positions.

letters refer to the attack buttons:

P = Punch

K = Kick

S = Slash - you see this as c.S (close) or f.S (far) instead of 5S because every character has two standing slash attacks based on distance

HS = Heavy Slash

D = Dust

I'm sure there's been a post here or there somewhere about this, so can anyone point me to a topic or some posts about the PS4 limited box's pad?

Thing is, my order of it was lost in the mail and got returned to amiami. I've since gotten the PS3 version, and if I can really figure out in time that the PS4 pad really is defective garbage, I'll just opt for a refund...but I really like Saturn style controllers. All I've heard is second hand from Titanium Beast that they were defective, but, well, all of them? Any details, pictures? All I see online are just the same old sample images and articles from back when they announced the package.

I'm sure there's been a post here or there somewhere about this, so can anyone point me to a topic or some posts about the PS4 limited box's pad?

Thing is, my order of it was lost in the mail and got returned to amiami. I've since gotten the PS3 version, and if I can really figure out in time that the PS4 pad really is defective garbage, I'll just opt for a refund...but I really like Saturn style controllers. All I've heard is second hand from Titanium Beast that they were defective, but, well, all of them? Any details, pictures? All I see online are just the same old sample images and articles from back when they announced the package.

The way the D-Pad connects to the controller is very poorly designed. The interior connects to the external Dpad not directly, but via a flimsy plastic stem. This stem breaks very easily under the type of strain playing fighters puts on controllers. If you're willing to spend extra money to mod it, you could take it apart and use the pieces to make a better pad. As is though, it's pretty shoddy.

How do i get out while im getting rushed down heavy ?

You have to learn your opponent's options and how to counter them. Faultless Defense, instant block, Blitz Shield, backstep, reversal throw, anti air 6P, jumping/air dashing out, and interrupting with a fast button are are useful options.

If you gave more information, like what character you play, what character you're playing against, and how they're attacking you, you'd get a more precise answer than "it depends."

Also, offense in Guilty Gear is very good. Against a strong opponent, you shouldn't expect to escape their offense every time. The best you can do is force them to respond to what you're doing defensively and switch up their attack. Then once you get them to expect that option, you can get out by doing something different than before.

You have to learn your opponent's options and how to counter them. Faultless Defense, instant block, Blitz Shield, backstep, reversal throw, anti air 6P, jumping/air dashing out, and interrupting with a fast button are are useful options.

If you gave more information, like what character you play, what character you're playing against, and how they're attacking you, you'd get a more precise answer than "it depends."

Also, offense in Guilty Gear is very good. Against a strong opponent, you shouldn't expect to escape their offense every time. The best you can do is force them to respond to what you're doing defensively and switch up their attack. Then once you get them to expect that option, you can get out by doing something different than before.

I play sol and vs no character specific i dont know how to throw revers and instant block n stuff

Guess this one is to any fellow Australian players, i was wondering what the lag is like online? i assume we have bad connection to Anywhere in america but how is the connection to Japan and other parts of Asia?

So I noticed something wierd in practice mode today, don't know if it's known or what's going on.

1P Sol 2P Ramlethal

From starting position, records ramlethal doing fS > dauro YRC. But when I play it off it gives a RRC. If I justguard the fS it gives a YRC. What?

Dummy was set to standing normal block.

So I noticed something wierd in practice mode today, don't know if it's known or what's going on.

1P Sol 2P Ramlethal

From starting position, records ramlethal doing fS > dauro YRC. But when I play it off it gives a RRC. If I justguard the fS it gives a YRC. What?

YRCs can't happen during blockstun, justguards reduce blockstun so you're in neutral after the f.S

1P Sol 2P Ramlethal

I'm guessing it's either a spacing thing or a crouching/standing thing. You're probably crouch blocking it instead of stand blocking like the dummy is.