Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

I just watched the recent mikado and loosely paid attention to corner techs when the opponent is on you, somewhere around 60% forwards 40% backwards.

When both players are in the corner, backwards techs are incredibly easy to punish as well. If they read any direction tech except maybe late neutral, gg.

That's assuming they're going to be in your face no matter which direction you tech. If you go forward and they read it then gg.

If you are in the corner then it is safe to say they will be in your face no matter which direction you tech. How could they not, you have no direction to go but towards them.

I dont think so, but you can test safejumps by instead making the dummy the character you're practicing safejumps with, recording a setup into a safejump, and dping with your character of choice to see if it works

I record a DP, or whatever, in to the dummy in such a way that I just hit playback when I sweep them or what have you. Or you can do as the above mention.

Why can you grab someone out of a safe jump? I have a dummy recording set up that definitely hits the opponent on wakeup and definitely baits a DP, but can get grabbed out of it? I don't understand.

Why can you grab someone out of a safe jump? I have a dummy recording set up that definitely hits the opponent on wakeup and definitely baits a DP, but can get grabbed out of it? I don't understand.

It's a glitch in this version that's fixed in 1.1. You can delay your jump by a frame to stop this - it only works if you do the lowest possible jumping attack, and reversals are all at least 4 frames or slower, so delaying one frame won't mess you up.

Ugh, this explains a lot.  Glad they're fixing it in 1.1 though.

*Edit*  Unless your recording is just messed up.  Since throws are instant you can reversal throw people.  If you're not airborne on the frame they wake up, they'd be able to throw you, but you'd still be within the window to block a DP on time.

I'm not sure how I wouldn't be considered airborne when the opponent is guaranteed taking the jumping attack (block or hit) unless he does a grab or invincible move. That's where the confusion comes in and something I didn't know if it was an oversight or not.

Use to know this, just skipped my mind lately, does 3f jump startup mean they can jump in a 3f gap or a 4f gap?

You are airborne on frame 4 with a 3 frame jump startup. If you don't get hit in those 3 frames, you're no longer punishable and are airborne.

If you have a frame trap that gives the opponent two frames where he's not in blockstun, he can't jump. If it gives him 3 frames, he can jump. For example, Leo's 6K to 2K is not jumpable, but his 6K to 5K is.

I've been thinking of getting into this game but need to know which version of Xrd is preferred? I haven't seen anything concrete on it, but I imagine there differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions would point to one being better than the other.

I've been thinking of getting into this game but need to know which version of Xrd is preferred? I haven't seen anything concrete on it, but I imagine there differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions would point to one being better than the other.

It's cross-play so...get whatever.

What about offline? Will playing the PS3 version trip me up if suddenly I need to play PS4 for tournaments?

It's literally the exact same game. The only difference is if your controller won't work but if you're playing offline and you run into that problem, I'm sure someone won't mind lending you a stick.

The PS4 version has better graphics, but if you set the PS3 version to focus on performance, it plays just as well as the PS4 version. The PS3 version is tournament standard currently just because TO's have PS3s already and players have PS3 sticks, but most players don't have PS4 sticks yet. If you want to be 100% guaranteed to practice for tournament correctly, play on PS3 just in case there are any inconsistencies that we aren't currently aware of. I'm personally not worried about it because if differences existed we'd have suspicions about it by now, so I practice on PS4 because there are prettier graphics.

The only difference between the version other than graphics is some stages lag online on PS3. Arena and Central Organ Tower are reliable though.

This did not get fixed in the patch btw... which kind of sucks but whatever.

This is a dumb and totally pointless question, but I'd like it answered anyway:

Exactly how DO you piss off the Burger Sheriff in Neo New York stage?

Also, how do you knock down the wall in Villa Vampir (Slayer's stage)?

Exactly how DO you piss off the Burger Sheriff in Neo New York stage?

So long as he's mostly visible on screen, three knockdowns or ground bounces will fling him off his chair. Once he sits back down, do another three knockdowns or ground bounces. If you're playing on the PlayStation 3 version and your Image Quality Settings are set to "Processing Priority", this will not occur.

So long as he's mostly visible on screen, three knockdowns or ground bounces will fling him off his chair. Once he sits back down, do another three knockdowns or ground bounces. If you're playing on the PlayStation 3 version and your Image Quality Settings are set to "Processing Priority", this will not occur.

Wait, that's a thing? I thought it was just a randomly timed animation shift. Are there any other Easter eggs like this?

Yeah plenty of stages have things like that. Sharon cheers if slayer gets knock down, Ky`s knights cheer (raise swords in victory) in the rematch screen if he wins, they also stumble upon knock down, I think on El`s stage part of it crumbles, It's the little things that make this game so awesome.

Yeah plenty of stages have things like that. Sharon cheers if slayer gets knock down, Ky`s knights cheer (raise swords in victory) in the rematch screen if he wins, they also stumble upon knock down, I think on El`s stage part of it crumbles, It's the little things that make this game so awesome.

Sharon you bitch