Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Yeah plenty of stages have things like that. Sharon cheers if slayer gets knock down, Ky`s knights cheer (raise swords in victory) in the rematch screen if he wins, they also stumble upon knock down, I think on El`s stage part of it crumbles, It's the little things that make this game so awesome.

Yooooo I never even noticed the knights or elph's stage crumbling. As if I couldn't love this game anymore. Now I feel like I have to go mess around and find these easter eggs when I'm on a break.

Yeah plenty of stages have things like that. Sharon cheers if slayer gets knock down, Ky`s knights cheer (raise swords in victory) in the rematch screen if he wins, they also stumble upon knock down, I think on El`s stage part of it crumbles, It's the little things that make this game so awesome.

The back wall can also fall down on slayer's stage.

Can someone explain stun damage to me / how stun works in Xrd? In the wiki you can find every character's stun resistance number, plus some moves have their stun damage values listed.

Is it as simple as if a character takes more stun damage than their resistance they'll get stunned? Or is there a formula like with actual damage with proration and stuff?

Regarding the bear stun formula in Xrd: From what I've been able to determine, the random element of stun has now been removed completely. The "random value between 1.0~1.3" is now always somewhere down the middle, probably 1.15.

That explains a lot but I still don't get what stun damage means on for ex. Sol's moves.

Stun damage refers to the "move damage" part of the formula. Most attacks deal their base damage in stun damage, but some deal more or less. In previous games, this was expressed as a modifier, but in Xrd it is expressed as a flat number equivalent to the modifier.

Dumb question that I never figured out...how do you switch color sets in +R? Managed to switch to EX colors and I don't know how to go back.

I knew there was a button I wasn't thinking of pressing! Thanks.

This is a rather obscure question but, I recently confirmed it with one of the recent Revelator Screenshots of Johnny...

Debug Mode exists in GGXrd.

I'm wondering if you guys can maybe tell me anything about how it works or if it's anything like Service Mode and accessible at all?

For example, in older GG games you had stuff like sound test or dip switch flags, event counters, or other stuff.

If not, that's fine, but I just wondered if maybe some players have seen it during a Location Test at all... would be neat to tinker with Debug mode at the very least.

I'm assuming Service Mode is one of the arcade cab's settings?  I remember the cab at Super Arcade being switched from regular mode into event mode for tournaments, and also a testing mode to make sure the buttons and stick would register correctly.

Debug mode is just kinda generally in games...  and it's usually locked in some way to keep players from finding it.  There are some pretty creative ways of hiding it too... I remember that in Earthbound you had to get to a specific square in the first area to activate it, and in Sonic 2 I think you had to input a code in the sound test menu.

I remember noticing that in the screenshots too, but didn't think anything of it.  The screenshots didn't have the HUD present right?  That's probably a debug setting.  For all we know, Xrd's debug could be hidden away by a code somewhere, but it could also have been removed from the final version.  Depending on the kind of debug that's used it tends to take extra memory, so the game wouldn't be very optimized if they left some of that stuff in.  If we did have access to debug I'd expect that the tools would be very limited.  If we were lucky there might be a hitbox viewer though.  *Shrug*  I guess you could try mashing random buttons in all of the menus.  :psyduck:

So, I bought Xrd for the PS4, and anxiously awaited the arrival of my PS4 TE2 via Amazon, and then it got delayed.

I figured I'd buy Accent Core in the meantime and familiarize myself with the game, the mechanics, execution, etc. But, I'm wondering if Accent Core is very different from Xrd...so much so that it would be like playing Street Fighter Alpha to play Street Fighter IV.

Is it worth the buy to give me a taste in the mean time, or is it not worth it?

That's what I did last summer to get a feel for gg for the first time. It did help me catch on to slayer and chipp quicker as both are, execution wise, easier imo and it didnt cost much so I think you should do it.

Accent core and xrd feel very alike imo. Definitely a good place to start.

so like does anyone else get a 4 bar that u can't connect to. how do people solve these problems? resetting the system works but both people gotta do it

Accent core and xrd feel very alike imo. Definitely a good place to start.

That's what I did last summer to get a feel for gg for the first time. It did help me catch on to slayer and chipp quicker as both are, execution wise, easier imo and it didnt cost much so I think you should do it.

I'm going to start with Sol (since he's the middle ground Ryu-esque character from what I understand).

Is there a way I should set-up the stick in Accent to meet the layout of Xrd?

Also, are there any specific combos I should work on with Sol that'll transfer into Xrd?

I'd say Ky is more like Ryu than Sol.  Sol's main combo in AC and +R (Sidewinder loop) was actually very character specific, so while you should still play him if you're interested, Ky is probably an easier choice.  Also, Sol's combos are different in Xrd, so if you were to learn him in AC/+R and then switch to Xrd you'd have to relearn that part of his game anyway.  It's kinda like that for everyone, but probably moreso for Sol (since he doesn't have Sidewinder in Xrd at all).

I'd say that if you decide you like Sol and want to learn him, but don't want to learn both AC/+R and Xrd at the same time (going to switch to Xrd when you get it), don't invest too much time into learning combos unless they come easy to you.  Learn something basic that leads to knockdown and start working on your neutral game more.  Learn oki.  Learn frametraps (important for Sol since his mixup is weak).  Grow acclimated to GG's system mechanics (guard bar, getting meter for "acting aggressive", Burst, Unburstable Overdrives, Airdashing, Faultless Defense, Instant Block, Dead Angle, etc).

While it's easy to get into a groove and start grinding combos early on, depending on how long you're going to wait it might not be worth the effort.

BnBs are the same (stuff into VV/BB/2D), oki/mixup is pretty much the same. Focus on that.

It's makes way more sense to think about Sol as a grappler btw.

Yeah, I just want to get more acclimated with the game than anything else. I'm looking for practical combos, normals to be using for AAs, things like that.

I'll give Ky a try as well.

Are there any combos you could list for either one of them, or are their practical combo videos or tutorials bumping around? The KOF tutorial video was a great one back when I went to learn KOF. Just looking for a good place to get started and go from there.

Every character subforum here (for xrd at least, AC+r has a lot of outdated OPs) has a good combo thread. Ky didn't get many things that change his combos or oki setups in Xrd, either.

I'm going to start with Sol (since he's the middle ground Ryu-esque character from what I understand).

Is there a way I should set-up the stick in Accent to meet the layout of Xrd?

Also, are there any specific combos I should work on with Sol that'll transfer into Xrd?

Like Rele said, treat and play Sol like a grappler.

Every character subforum here (for xrd at least, AC+r has a lot of outdated OPs) has a good combo thread. Ky didn't get many things that change his combos or oki setups in Xrd, either.

Like Rele said, treat and play Sol like a grappler.

My secondary in SFIV is Gief, so that's good to hear.

Luckily, my stick delivery date got moved up and I should be getting it on Tuesday. I might stream while trying the game out, so I can hopefully get some live feedback.