Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

When during a cinematic super does the game register inputs?  Does it do it at all during the cinematic or what?

No I don't think it does, particularly since your character wouldn't be able to perform whatever input it is you're trying to register anyway.

Does anyone know what the theme is that's playing at the start of this video(in the Leo vs Milia fight):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbs0JJ0cb0I

Anyone ever have an issue with Xrd freezing on the loading replay data screen when starting the game?

I've had the game (disk) since a bit after launch & ran into this problem I'd never seen before.
I'd deleted story & replay data a while back to free up a bit of space (done this before w/o a problem w/replay data at least).

It goes through a few screens & freezes up on the creating replay data screen. Had to hit the PS button on the pad to quit (did it a few times).
Anyone hear of this sort of problem? Just got BBCPE; maybe it's a "Sign" to move on from Xrd.  Plus I can focus more on P4AU & Skullgirls (and I only have weekends to play).  Despite watching tons of vids, reading stuff here, training, etc., Xrd was my weakest game for vs. play.

Edited by indie_animator

Wait, so you're getting the crash 100% whenever you try to run the game?

Yeah, thanks for the reply.  It's my bro's old PS3; been fixed once after a YOLD, but has been OK since.  Maybe it still has some quirks, though.  Deleting story & replay data was too risky, I suppose.  Didn't really free up that much space.  Guess I'll see if it works next weekend.  If not, maybe I'll put a hold on GG til Rev hits.

I'd delete whatever GG Xrd data is there now and try it again.  Maybe you need to clear the system data for Xrd too (and if it installed corrupt replay data, that could also be the cause).

I'd hate to suggest initializing/reformatting, but you might have to go that far if you're not willing to wait.  You should be able to back up your other data though, so while it's a hassle it wouldn't be that bad.  I don't think YLoD is related since your other games are working, right?

I'm new to GG and I'd like to enjoy Xrd story mode: how can I catch up with the lore?

I think the ingame enzyclopedia, whose entries are unlocked if you progress in the story, is the easiest and most convenient way to gather information. They even implented a shortcut function if you encounter a new character or new term to quickly open its/his/her entry in it.

Of course, the Guilty Gear wiki (especially Sol's page) and gear-project.tumblr are valuable, and even more detailed, sources too.

Whens the patch for the released EU xrd?

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/628961586409902081?p=v

They are still working on it. A concrete release date is unknown.

I'd delete whatever GG Xrd data is there now and try it again.  Maybe you need to clear the system data for Xrd too (and if it installed corrupt replay data, that could also be the cause).

I'd hate to suggest initializing/reformatting, but you might have to go that far if you're not willing to wait.  You should be able to back up your other data though, so while it's a hassle it wouldn't be that bad.  I don't think YLoD is related since your other games are working, right?

Yep, in fact I've deleted replay data for P4AU & have never had the problem.  But no more deleting now.  Thanks for the tip;  I'll give it a shot & hope all the data can be saved.  If not, there's always Revelator (whenever that releases).

Edited by indie_animator

Not sure if this is the correct topic but I have a question. I understand Zato is by no means a pick up and win character and requires work to be good with him. Having said that he seems to kick the crap out of anyone with them being left with no options but to put down the controller and just let it happen. Now I don't intend for this to be ragey but how the hell do I deal with a good Zato beyond just poke Eddie at the absolute perfect frame and hope that Zato dont decide to punish you for taking away his best tool until Eddie is back and your back in the meat grinder.

Can you still download the PS+ Colors? I can't seem to find them, getting back into the game after a hiatus and never got them when they were released. Want that black & blue goodness.

Also what are the frame differences for faultless defense and instant block in xrd? Ironing out mixups and wanting to figure out if people IB or FD what options become available.

Not sure if this is the correct topic but I have a question. I understand Zato is by no means a pick up and win character and requires work to be good with him. Having said that he seems to kick the crap out of anyone with them being left with no options but to put down the controller and just let it happen. Now I don't intend for this to be ragey but how the hell do I deal with a good Zato beyond just poke Eddie at the absolute perfect frame and hope that Zato dont decide to punish you for taking away his best tool until Eddie is back and your back in the meat grinder.

Honestly if you don't play Eddie you might not understand what is going on when he is doing his stuff. Eddie at a high level is best fought by knowing what his options are and that is sometimes difficult to do when you just see black swarming you until your dead.

1. Get used to blocking. There are times you have to block Eddie, when you are blocking eddie just hold down back until he take into the air. His grounded mixup outside of his command grab is actually very not threatening in this version of GG. Lots of basic Eddies will just frame trap you until you get hit if they find you are getting impatient and getting hit by safe BS. When he gets you blocking saw blade his mixup actually starts. He'll take to the air and either do a triple overhead blockstring or jump attack into low. He can do 2 overheads into low also, but that mixup is weaker imo. Outside of that mixup you should not really be getting hit during blockstrings, be patient.

Outside 5HS he can't combo his drill from a normal so get used to blocking 2S in strings like 2P->2S->drill for a punish (this is actually in the in-game tutorial for how to fight Zato). Also hold down back maybe for a second after blocking something because giving him a precious knockdown for free puts you into his mixup with little work from him.

2. Pay attention to your opponents little Eddie meter when you get caught blocking a saw blade. How much Eddie meter determines what mixups he is most likely to go for. At low amounts of Eddie meter he will either desummon Eddie to regenerate some meter or he will probably set a mine and go for command grab. If you expect the command grab mixup and your character has a decent backdash spamming that is your best option.  Medium to bad Eddies often do the same panic mixups like ending with command grab so they get the long knockdown to replenish their Eddie meter, look for habits like that.

3. Zato gets very little reward outside the corner for his combos. Sol, Elphelt, Sin, etc literally shit damage off almost any confirm. Eddie literally has to hit a saw blade in the corner for anything outside a basic air combo that hardly hurts. In fact most punishes if little eddie isn't out or got killed will just be something into 2D -> Eddie Summon. This means techniques that are medium risk but high reward are pretty strong against Zato if your not in the corner. Be safe but air dashing at him unpredictably when he doesn't have little Eddie could get you 6P'd but it could also jump over a drill and give you a lot of damage and put him in the corner. Don't be predictable, but spending meter on neutral to be oppressive should be done in that precious window where Zato is fighting without little Eddie. Air Dash YRC is pretty good in this scenario because even if he 6P's a lot of the time you'll land first.

4. Save meter for dead angle. Learn when to dead angle. Dead angle Zato is a must. His pressure can get overwhelming but even if you hit little Eddie your punish typically isn't very big. Also your dead angle will kill little Eddie meaning when you stand back up he likely won't have been able to setup little Eddie all over again unless he punishes with something like 5D or command grab. Some string can be dead angled after certain moves to hit Zato instead, find those holes.

Eddie is really good, but honestly I don't think he is the best character in this game by any stretch.

Edited by ChaseRLewis

Can you still download the PS+ Colors? I can't seem to find them, getting back into the game after a hiatus and never got them when they were released. Want that black & blue goodness.

Also what are the frame differences for faultless defense and instant block in xrd? Ironing out mixups and wanting to figure out if people IB or FD what options become available.

Honestly if you don't play Eddie you might not understand what is going on when he is doing his stuff. Eddie at a high level is best fought by knowing what his options are and that is sometimes difficult to do when you just see black swarming you until your dead.

1. Get used to blocking. There are times you have to block Eddie, when you are blocking eddie just hold down back until he take into the air. His grounded mixup outside of his command grab is actually very not threatening in this version of GG. Lots of basic Eddies will just frame trap you until you get hit if they find you are getting impatient and getting hit by safe BS. When he gets you blocking saw blade his mixup actually starts. He'll take to the air and either do a triple overhead blockstring or jump attack into low. He can do 2 overheads into low also, but that mixup is weaker imo. Outside of that mixup you should not really be getting hit during blockstrings, be patient.

Outside 5HS he can't combo his drill from a normal so get used to blocking 2S in strings like 2P->2S->drill for a punish (this is actually in the in-game tutorial for how to fight Zato). Also hold down back maybe for a second after blocking something because giving him a precious knockdown for free puts you into his mixup with little work from him.

2. Pay attention to your opponents little Eddie meter when you get caught blocking a saw blade. How much Eddie meter determines what mixups he is most likely to go for. At low amounts of Eddie meter he will either desummon Eddie to regenerate some meter or he will probably set a mine and go for command grab. If you expect the command grab mixup and your character has a decent backdash spamming that is your best option.  Medium to bad Eddies often do the same panic mixups like ending with command grab so they get the long knockdown to replenish their Eddie meter, look for habits like that.

3. Zato gets very little reward outside the corner for his combos. Sol, Elphelt, Sin, etc literally shit damage off almost any confirm. Eddie literally has to hit a saw blade in the corner for anything outside a basic air combo that hardly hurts. In fact most punishes if little eddie isn't out or got killed will just be something into 2D -> Eddie Summon. This means techniques that are medium risk but high reward are pretty strong against Zato if your not in the corner. Be safe but air dashing at him unpredictably when he doesn't have little Eddie could get you 6P'd but it could also jump over a drill and give you a lot of damage and put him in the corner. Don't be predictable, but spending meter on neutral to be oppressive should be done in that precious window where Zato is fighting without little Eddie. Air Dash YRC is pretty good in this scenario because even if he 6P's a lot of the time you'll land first.

4. Save meter for dead angle. Learn when to dead angle. Dead angle Zato is a must. His pressure can get overwhelming but even if you hit little Eddie your punish typically isn't very big. Also your dead angle will kill little Eddie meaning when you stand back up he likely won't have been able to setup little Eddie all over again unless he punishes with something like 5D or command grab. Some string can be dead angled after certain moves to hit Zato instead, find those holes.

Eddie is really good, but honestly I don't think he is the best character in this game by any stretch.

Thanks a ton!

Nope, it was only a limited time DLC offer from release to about 2-3 months. I don't even expect it to see coming back, unless by some miracle, or wait when Revelator comes by, if possible if they'll include that color.

A friend told me about something called 'plink teching' or something today. Apparently it helps you avoid black beat combos or something like that. Anyone have more information on this?

Where could one buy guilty gear statues?

(I'm in Korea).

Have you tried looking at online specialty shops?

Or does Korea ban access to places like Amazon.jp and Ebay?

Have you tried looking at online specialty shops?

Or does Korea ban access to places like Amazon.jp and Ebay?

Thanks for the reply.

eBay, amazon, gmarket and playasia seem to be the best places for Korea (though we have a $150 tax free import limit).

I've done a lot of research since I posted the question - myfigurecollection.net being an excellent source of information.

I was mainly asking as the new Ramlethal figure by FREEing looks amazing.

287850.jpg?r=1435202226

Thankfully I did my research as FREEing seem to have a bad rep...so maybe I'll hold off.

With model figures like that, I'm not sure if they are mass-produced for sale and might be something sold at the sole discretion of the artist.

I do know ARC System Works has an official merch store, but they don't sell figures like that there.

A friend told me about something called 'plink teching' or something today. Apparently it helps you avoid black beat combos or something like that. Anyone have more information on this?

I think what he means is holding down a button and holding back then mashing to get out of a combo, if you tech out you FD because you're pressing two buttons which lets you avoid being anti-aired. Avoiding black beat combos is just teching in general so I can't think of what else he could mean.

I think +R was the last update to the XXAC series (because Xrd now exists)

(Immediate edit: the +R patch has been out since last year at least, I misunderstood the question, sorry)

Last time I checked I thought tiers were something like:

Zato, Faust, Elphelt

Everyone else except...

Potemkin

But I could be wrong... I haven't seen a tier list in awhile

Edited by Murray