Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

There's a green particle and iirc you hear both characters' Rejected voiceclip. Same for air throws.

Not sure if there's 2 versions for exact and late timing like AC.

https://youtu.be/a6_ZcYx_hvs

Watch at 43:30

Hi,

after some years of taking a fighting game pause I want to get started with Xrd. But since i wont  be able to participate in offline sessions I'd like to know if the netcode is good enough for online only. I've read a bit and the opinions seem to be split about the matter with several patches being released. I'm a lil confused now.

So is the game worth buying if I  have to rely on the online experience (ps3 euro player)? Are there still enough players online to play with? And can I buy the euro download version or should I import the US version?

Thx in advance :)

Hi,

after some years of taking a fighting game pause I want to get started with Xrd. But since i wont  be able to participate in offline sessions I'd like to know if the netcode is good enough for online only. I've read a bit and the opinions seem to be split about the matter with several patches being released. I'm a lil confused now.

So is the game worth buying if I  have to rely on the online experience (ps3 euro player)? Are there still enough players online to play with? And can I buy the euro download version or should I import the US version?

Thx in advance :)

definitely import the us version, the eu version lacks all the dlc and the 1.10 patch (for how long we don't know)

the netcode is good and there are lots of players in eu, dig in

Hey guys, does anyone know what occurs here in this video at 56:38? Looks to me like this may replace Double K.Os. Have never seen this mentioned ever, so I was very confused as to when I saw this.

Ok, so early footage of the Revelator loketests had that effect for round ending situations where both players were attacking.  Seeing it activate here when both moves whiff is...  it's really hype for a crowd but also must be jarring for players.  I don't know how I'm going to feel about this later if it's intended, but right now that seems like a bug.

That said, it's about as jarring as Danger Time stopping the game, so if it activates something along the lines of "whenever both players throw out moves right next to each other and either hit could kill", I actually like that more than "game play changes at random when moves clash".  It's super awesome if one move actually kills, and it's actually an awesome solution to wanting those random "HYPE" moments that the Danger Time screen brings without the bullshit that's associated with that.

Comparing it to Danger Time isn't something I'd agree with because, in a situation like that, so long as:

1. Both players have 1 HP left or enough to die from.
2. Both players do an attack that "could hit" or wiffs.

They could do that "camera wiffing" crap all day until the clock runs out, so long as both attacks wiff.

Danger Time itself is random and only happens once per match now (which means you only have 1 opportunity to take advantage of it)... For this I could see this happening over and over in the right conditions.

I like it

It looks like a clash that occurs only when one or both characters are in critical health.

Still better than Danger Time where both players either crap themselves by mashing 2P or an invincible move or sit looking at each other afraid to press a button.

So did arcsys already fix the eu patch problems? i really want to buy GG for the ps3 but i cant find any information on their progress towars fixing the issue. I follow them on twitter but they dont talk about it ever and its been a while.

So did arcsys already fix the eu patch problems? i really want to buy GG for the ps3 but i cant find any information on their progress towars fixing the issue. I follow them on twitter but they dont talk about it ever and its been a while.

I don't think so at the moment, checked the EU PS Store, and nothing, no DLC too, so I guess that a no yet, who knows if they ever decide to patch it at all, considering Rev is coming soon either way.

Does stun reset damage scaling? If not I should do a combo that sets up a mixup unless it will kill right?

Yes, when a character stand up after being stunned, the damage scaling is reset so you can get your best combo there. One thing to remember is that you can't burst while you're dizzy, so if the opponent doesn't have much life left and his burst ready to use, you might want not to reset the combo and get as much guaranteed damage as you can.

The wiki states that while the risc gauge is filled no damage scaling exists (apart from guts and initial or forced proration) and when it's empty normal damage scaling starts to kick in, but it doesn't mention how normal damage scaling works. Does anyone know?

Regarding ac+r tierlist: think zappa, dizzy and millia were considered the top3 characters, justice was considered the worst. Everyone else is somewhere in between. Sorry i can't give a more concise answer.

Edited by Rele

The wiki states that while the risc gauge is filled no damage scaling exists (apart from guts and initial or forced proration) and when it's empty normal damage scaling starts to kick in, but it doesn't mention how normal damage scaling works. Does anyone know?

Assuming it works the same way as previous games, the damage scaling system is RISC. Xrd doesn't show you but the gauge goes into negatives. Attacks have a positive and negative RISC value - the negative one is your damage scaling.

Edited by Banoffee

He probably wanted more detailed info, like what we had for +R.

As far as I know there's no published mook with this data, though we could work to compile it in a similar way to what I did when I found the guts values for characters when Xrd was first released.  I'm a little reluctant to do that since I'm working on other projects, and that data was replaced with the 4gamer data a few months later which seems less accurate than my findings.  Still, it wouldn't be too hard to do the math ourselves since Slayer's nice rounded-off damage values make this easy.  Air super's first hit does 100 damage, his 5H/6H hit for 50, and 2P hits for 10.  Still, it would be really hard to get accurate values for lower RISC levels since we can't set RISC to negative values anymore.

It would also be useful to determine if Guard Balance was still a thing, but that would be much harder to figure out since we'd have to eyeball the gauge.  At least with damage scaling we get to see the damage values and can crunch numbers.

I know it might weird for some guys..but..is there ideas or tips to mastering instant block ??

I wouldn't say I'm a master at it, but IMO instant blocking isn't as strict as it seems.  The way I practiced it was by having a dummy recorded to do a series into something with comparatively slow startup and then IBed the last move and then worked my way up from there until I could IB other things.  I'm not perfect at it but I can do it a lot better than I could before.  I made a thread asking this question in the Beginner Mode subforum so if you check that out you can see the advice that was given to me.

The only way to learn instant blocking is to just do it.

You have 8 frames after every neutral > block where you're in IB status. So, an easy example is Ky's CSE or 6H. To get started with, block the first hit normally, and then just tap 5>4 or 5>1 in a rhythm. You should be able to easily IB the 2 follow up hits. This works for all the multihit projectiles because of the autoguard status in the game. Multihit IBing can almost just be mashed out, it's that easy.

Now, the harder thing with IB is to IB single hits. For example, you can record Leo doing 5H>236H. This is a string that can be blow up with IB. If you IB 5H, you can throw/OS throw 236H. To help you practice it, you can record something like 5K>c.S>5H>236H. This way, you know that 5H is coming, and you can be prepared to IB it. Once Leo hits you with c.S, you release block and just go back to 1 or 4 withing 8 frames of 5H active frames. There really is nothing else to it.

It's just all about doing it properly. You don't even necessarily have to go to Lab to practice it, you can just learn it while playing. You will fail many blocks and take unnecessary damage, but eventually you should start to click with the timing.

never hold block. always tap to block. you're going to lose some matches cause you took a stray hit, but you'll be better for it in the long run

I know it might weird for some guys..but..is there ideas or tips to mastering instant block ??

never hold block. always tap to block. you're going to lose some matches cause you took a stray hit, but you'll be better for it in the long run

Can't agree with this more, as a beginner/intermediate player, just trying to time or even mash back when I think I'm going to get hit by some chains- helps more than just locking up and holding back. Give it a shot. There's a few missions or character specific challenges in Xrd that sort of help with this.

Yes, when a character stand up after being stunned, the damage scaling is reset so you can get your best combo there. One thing to remember is that you can't burst while you're dizzy, so if the opponent doesn't have much life left and his burst ready to use, you might want not to reset the combo and get as much guaranteed damage as you can.

My question is this: How would someone like Bedman capitalize on this?  Bedman can use meter to summon Hemi-Jack (Sheep Nightmare Ghost) and stun or almost-stun someone instantly.  If Damage scaling resets as soon as they are hit with Jack Sheep, what can he do to make the most of that after spending meter (assuming they didn't spend their Burst in retaliation and had no full Burst gauge)?

Edited by Blade

Ok, I also have two questions here:

-Is Xrd confirmed to come to/ is coming to / will soon come to / mentioned coming to PC?

-Why am I only seeing Elphelt, May, and sometimes Chipp, Leo and Axl on tournaments? Maybe a Faust or two here and here as well.