Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

AFAIK, there is no current mentions of XRD coming to PC. Revelator (the major update to XRD) is coming to consoles next spring however.

As for only seeing certain characters, XRD's cast is fairly well balanced overall, but different regions will have different representations of character selections, and watching more small-scale tournament streams/friendlies are more likely to show you some different characters. For example I've been watching a lot of the NCD and ArcDivide videos recently, and they have a very good (I'd say higher than average) character diversity, but if you're only watching very large-scale tournaments, you're more likely to see the same characters pop up since it will often be the same players taking those spots. However even then, iirc this year's EVO top 8 had 7 different characters represented, which is really high considering there's only 15 total characters to choose from. Although if you're looking for Potemkin, iirc he's pretty unpopular in XRD at the moment. Not entirely sure on the reasons but that's just what I've seen from watching a lot of matches.

Hello,

I am completely new to Guilty Gears. So, i have a lot questions regarding Guilty Gears Xrd Sign

1) Where can i find players from the middle East online ? (Doha, Oman, KSA, Dubai etc)

2) Is port forwarding important.

3) I went online and saw a few connections/players with 4 written next to them , is 4 good or bad ?

4) I just read Arcsys is releasing Revelator is that an expansion or a complete new game ? Will we be able to upgrade our Xrd-sign to Revelators ?

5) Where should i start as a beginner ?

Hello,

I am completely new to Guilty Gears. So, i have a lot questions regarding Guilty Gears Xrd Sign

1) Where can i find players from the middle East online ? (Doha, Oman, KSA, Dubai etc)

2) Is port forwarding important.

3) I went online and saw a few connections/players with 4 written next to them , is 4 good or bad ?

4) I just read Arcsys is releasing Revelator is that an expansion or a complete new game ? Will we be able to upgrade our Xrd-sign to Revelators ?

5) Where should i start as a beginner ?

1. There are some links in HERE, but the actual thread looks dead. Seems like social media has taken over for community-building in general.

2. It's recommended, but I've played with the console DMZed and without any ports forwarded, and both times, I had a NAT2 according to the console.

3. It's neither. In addition to meaning "great connection/nearby player," 4 bars is also this game's way of saying "ping cannot be determined." Many times you'll get an unplayable connection with someone far away, and many times you won't be able to connect at all. Once in a blue moon, it'll be a legit 4-bar connection.

4. New game but with some new characters. Gameplay for returning characters is the same, minus some 5D corner combos being different. Maybe some other small changes but I don't know the details.

5. Read the wiki on this website and do the trials in the game. Maybe watch some videos of top players to build motivation and help yourself decide on a character. I think the group "Chemical Lovers" are putting some tutorial videos on Youtube as well. Haven't watched them myself but people say they're good.

Good luck.

On the subject of patch fixes for Revelator, did they fix the "Headless Dragon Install" glitch for Sol when Potemkin IK's him?

On 10/24/2015, 10:43:27, GaijinMo said:

1. There are some links in HERE, but the actual thread looks dead. Seems like social media has taken over for community-building in general.

2. It's recommended, but I've played with the console DMZed and without any ports forwarded, and both times, I had a NAT2 according to the console.

3. It's neither. In addition to meaning "great connection/nearby player," 4 bars is also this game's way of saying "ping cannot be determined." Many times you'll get an unplayable connection with someone far away, and many times you won't be able to connect at all. Once in a blue moon, it'll be a legit 4-bar connection.

4. New game but with some new characters. Gameplay for returning characters is the same, minus some 5D corner combos being different. Maybe some other small changes but I don't know the details.

5. Read the wiki on this website and do the trials in the game. Maybe watch some videos of top players to build motivation and help yourself decide on a character. I think the group "Chemical Lovers" are putting some tutorial videos on Youtube as well. Haven't watched them myself but people say they're good.

Good luck.

Chemical Lovers' new series isn't bad but it assumes you already have people to fight against.  If you're really new to the series it may not be a good idea to use them just yet.

If you run in to throw with a dash break into an option select throw, you will also option select the DAA, so if it wall bounces in that situation you get a combo.

Hey guys, I've been in sort of a character crisis in GG for a long time now. I hate to sound like the guys that are always saying: "Pick my main", so I'll give some background as to what I value in my character and who I've played in previous games. I value mobility, normals, mix-ups, pressure, and the ability to play lame if need be. I like Yukiko and Teddie in P4AU, but I'm not a fan of Faust because his movement just feels really awkward. My team in Marvel is Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye, which has the all of the things I value. I'm open to trying anyone.

On 11/24/2015, 9:40:11, TopTierTaite said:

Hey guys, I've been in sort of a character crisis in GG for a long time now. I hate to sound like the guys that are always saying: "Pick my main", so I'll give some background as to what I value in my character and who I've played in previous games. I value mobility, normals, mix-ups, pressure, and the ability to play lame if need be. I like Yukiko and Teddie in P4AU, but I'm not a fan of Faust because his movement just feels really awkward. My team in Marvel is Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye, which has the all of the things I value. I'm open to trying anyone.

Bedman, not only because he's good at all of that (albeit in some weird ways) but also because your marvel experience. His triangle dash enables some marvelish mix-ups, his zoning and neutral can be really scary once he has 2+ sigils out(honestly it feels like fighting a 1 man morridoom IMO), and his 6p is deffo one of the top 5 antiairs in the game. This is without getting into how devious his mixups and how horrifying his pressure can be if he gets you in the corner with the right sigils. A lot of people say he lacks a wow factor, but I get the feeling those people haven't been on either end of some of his best horseshit.

Also if you play him bedman players might finally get the upgrade from being the bedman fireteam.

edit:or just play elphelt.

On 11/24/2015, 9:40:11, TopTierTaite said:

Sounds like you want king dad then.  He got better pressure with Split Ceil and he can definitely play lame if he has to.

On November 27, 2015 at 16:56:53, Poultrygeist said:

Sounds like you want king dad then.  He got better pressure with Split Ceil and he can definitely play lame if he has to.

I could also see may here.

outside of elph because she is god tier, but none of those guys have movement really. See, you can play lame with sol, just playing lame is different then marvel. It's a really slow cautious play style 

So I had this problem of replays not appearing in the replay theater after online matches, I play on ps3 and my opponent on ps4, what is really strange is that sometimes when I play him, I'll get the replays and some other times like today I won't. 

Is there some kind of glitch I'm not aware of regarding replays the crossplay?

On 11/24/2015, 2:40:11, TopTierTaite said:

Just pick Elphelt. 

After going back in, I feel a little more comfortable with Faust. I think I'll play online and try and get something going. If Faust doesn't work out, I'll use Millia. 

Can you be ground thrown during jump startup? I think the answer is no, based on what happens if you try to jump a Garospe unblockable, but I'd like another example.

On 30/11/2015 4:35:22 a., TopTierTaite said:

After going back in, I feel a little more comfortable with Faust. I think I'll play online and try and get something going. If Faust doesn't work out, I'll use Millia. 

You can't play lame with Millia :v:

On 11/28/2015, 9:52:15, Destin said:

I could also see may here.

outside of elph because she is god tier, but none of those guys have movement really. See, you can play lame with sol, just playing lame is different then marvel. It's a really slow cautious play style 

bedman has the fastest walkspeed in the game, a guard point teleport dash, a teleport projectile, and some effective and relatively safe movement gimmicks with his jump+specials

On 11/30/2015, 9:45:28, daymendou said:

Can you be ground thrown during jump startup? I think the answer is no, based on what happens if you try to jump a Garospe unblockable, but I'd like another example.

I'm pretty sure no from experience (not a helpful answer, I no), but also because Axl would have no way out of tick throw setups except for DP if jump startup was throwable. The wiki says it's throw invuln too.

I'm all for more people picking up Bedman, so on top of those a few more things that might sell you on him are his nifty safe jumps, cross up silliness with 6H, the ability to make just about anything safe with DV specials in combination with meter, and hell just the fact that you're playing anime Freddy Krueger.  What's not to like about the guy?  

Don't have access to the game atm, so I have a quick question

does 9 or 3 HS result in a throw/airthrow input? Or does it have to be strictly 6HS? 

2 hours ago, Cross said:

Don't have access to the game atm, so I have a quick question

does 9 or 3 HS result in a throw/airthrow input? Or does it have to be strictly 6HS? 

strictly 4/6 HS