Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Just now, Naotomato said:

Typo sorry.

Honestly it doesn't feel like I'm getting better. I'll keep trying but I had the same issue in Xrd (and I was playing that for months with no improvement.) I couldn't finish one character's combo set, even Sol or Ky.

Don't worry about challenges, learn bnbs and other stuff needed for real battles: Neutral, pressure and Oki.

...why wouldn't it be?

it's just a Hori RAP V.Hayabusa with different art

4 hours ago, Naotomato said:

Typo sorry.

Honestly it doesn't feel like I'm getting better. I'll keep trying but I had the same issue in Xrd (and I was playing that for months with no improvement.) I couldn't finish one character's combo set, even Sol or Ky.

Stick to one character, I would suggest sin or Faust if you have trouble with execution. I'm 30 and my execution is better than ever.

4 hours ago, ChexGuy said:

...why wouldn't it be?

it's just a Hori RAP V.Hayabusa with different art

Well I wanted the Blazblue chibi one but some people said that one was crap so I always ask for a second opinion now.

Thanks again for the advice.

Can anyone tel me the difference in the Ranking systems in the US and in Japan for Xrd Revelator on Playstation?

On the US system I see some people rank 36, but the Japanese system they seem to be a lower number (or a symbol).

Thanks.

On 8/1/2016 at 6:04 AM, This Man said:

Can anyone tel me the difference in the Ranking systems in the US and in Japan for Xrd Revelator on Playstation?

On the US system I see some people rank 36, but the Japanese system they seem to be a lower number (or a symbol).

Thanks.

it's the same system, it's just netplay ranked competition is on a waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy lower level than a god damn japanese arcade

I mean between the US version and the Japanese (PS3&4) version. There is a difference - the US version uses number exclusively so I was wondering what the equivalents were to the Japanese ranks.

I tried finding some clear explanation of Instant Air Dash for GG Xrd revelator, I am new to this game. Is it done by press on the stick 96 96? Just like how we 6 6 to dash forward? Thanks!

I'm a Pot player so no expert in IAD, but hitting 9 and then 6 as quick as you can should be all you need. The 9 acts as a forward input,  allowing you to press 6 once after.

So just 96 is all you need.

Hi guys, new here, i come from street fighter (3s, 4 which i played seriously and 5 which i can't quite enjoy that much as much as i'd like to i just feel it's kind of stale) and i have picked up now and then guilty gear xrd sign (pc) and realized recently just how much fun it is, my biggest issue for the past 8 months of on and off dabbling is that i don't really enjoy the characters that much, i like the gameplay but nothing grabs me. I've been following GGXRD revelator videos and such and even had a laugh talking to a commentator a couple of months ago about the game and decided to make the move from SFV to xRD sign until rev comes to pc. 

My question is that I've identified two characters in rev that i really realllllly want to play, an odd feeling of everything just feeling right about the character (jam) and looking extremely fun to play (dizzy) that has led before to me choosing my main chars (in sf makoto and sakura). These two are JAM and dizzy. I'm wondering what characters i could learn in SIGN that would make the transition to JAM and Dizzy in rev that much easier/better?  

Eitherway thanks in advance and sorry for a question i'm sure you've all heard enough of, i'm just at the end of being able to figure this one out myself :/ 

As for Jam, i would see Chipp as the closest type of character you could play to get a feel. Dizzy idk, she has a quite different rythm to her zoning.

I'm about to buy revelator but I have a question: does the EU version have the same problem with DLC characters that SIGN had? In Sign you couldn't buy Elpeth or Leo in the European PS store: they were just not available to us
Will I be able to download DLC characters in Revelator from the PS store? I am buying this game basically to play as Dizzy and Jack O', so not having Dizzy would be half the fun

Can someone link me any resources regarding Cross up Protection? Wanting to Proof Check my own findings on bypassing it. I found some in the Chipp Section and May General Disc. Page 17, sadly the YT Links in there are not working.

1. Are there situations where throw breaks are impossible (barring command throws)?

2. Does either character have advantage in the event of a throw break, or are you back at neutral?

1. Don't think so. Once the opponent is in the correct state (i.e. not block sun, whiff recovery, blitz etc.) It should should be possible, though difficult given the 1F nature of throws.

2. Back at neutral.

Hi There, I'm not sure whether this is the place for asking but when I plugged in my ps3 stick (Hori RAP V3-SA) into my ps4 and pressed the start button when the game is showing the title screen, it does not allow me to navigate the menu without holding any of my buttons (Which is a huge pain). Does anyone know how to solve this issue?? Btw I have tested my stick condition on my PC and my stick is totally fine.

You have to press start on the stick when the pop up saying "a legacy controller has been detected blabla" is showing up. If you press start with your pad, it will be your pad set as the main controller for the menus

This is how it worked before the update 4.0 of the PS4, not sure if it still work (I have the same issue with BBCF demo...).

edit : just tested and it still work this way (Press X with your stick when the pop up shows up)

Hello, guys:

Some time ago, I saw some videos of a new kind of unblockable setups involving the forced restand after a wallstick and an indirect attack (projectile, Zato's puppet). It allowed you to put the opponent into a situation where, unless they pulled out an invincible reversal or a FD jump in the first frame of their recovery, they had to take a throw if they blocked, or the indirect attack if they did anything else. Unfortunately, I lost the link to the videos, and I never understood the mechanics behind the setup very well. Could anyone help me with this? Videotutorials, forum replies... everything will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT: I think it was named Garouspe (Garou Special?).

Hello guys.

I am here for advice.

I'm new to Guilty Gear on console (PS3). Previously i'm played GGXrd -Sing- on PC and haven't delay at all... sometimes 2-3 frames delay if opponent not from Japan (just as an example^^). I am from Russia and i'm playing with players from eu\ru.

A few weeks ago i bought GGXrd -Revelato- on PS3 and i'm trying to play on my Samsung-TV. And first problem was a terrible delay in a "versus mode", but i'll fix it turn TV on "game mod" and problem is gone, i have no delay ^^ 
But in "online mode" this problem still exist. 

I'm already done:
I connect my console to router by a cable.
I appoint console static IP address
Configured the router so that IP was in DMZ zone.
But this settings do not help me solve a problem :(

Let me explain please:
- When i play GGXrd -sing- on PC and see 2 frames delay - i feel 2 frames delay.
- When i play GGXrd -revelator- on PS3 and see 2 frames delay - i feel about 5-7 frames delay.
This is specific of PS3 network or i'm doing something wrong?

P.S. Sorry for my terrible english..

6 hours ago, screamik said:

Hello guys.

I am here for advice.

I'm new to Guilty Gear on console (PS3). Previously i'm played GGXrd -Sing- on PC and haven't delay at all... sometimes 2-3 frames delay if opponent not from Japan (just as an example^^). I am from Russia and i'm playing with players from eu\ru.

A few weeks ago i bought GGXrd -Revelato- on PS3 and i'm trying to play on my Samsung-TV. And first problem was a terrible delay in a "versus mode", but i'll fix it turn TV on "game mod" and problem is gone, i have no delay ^^ 
But in "online mode" this problem still exist. 

I'm already done:
I connect my console to router by a cable.
I appoint console static IP address
Configured the router so that IP was in DMZ zone.
But this settings do not help me solve a problem :(

Let me explain please:
- When i play GGXrd -sing- on PC and see 2 frames delay - i feel 2 frames delay.
- When i play GGXrd -revelator- on PS3 and see 2 frames delay - i feel about 5-7 frames delay.
This is specific of PS3 network or i'm doing something wrong?

P.S. Sorry for my terrible english..

PC has 1F of input lag (with some graphic settings), but consoles have 4F. So, obviously consoles have more lag, always.

14 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

PC has 1F of input lag (with some graphic settings), but consoles have 4F. So, obviously consoles have more lag, always.

Thanks for answer. 

It seems it's the specifics of the console. So i have best delay that i can get on PS3.

But i'm used to 1-3 frame delay :(