Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Thanks GB. I've since found some tips at various places and that should also be helpful. Nah, I mostly play originals.

I'm pretty sure the archived GCC site had info on what effected the burst build up, so look for that for info. I was pretty sure the number of hits had something to do with it too. I do know that in Isuka, the more players that have hit you in a combo, the faster it goes up (and it goes up really fast). But yeah that's mostly worthless information now.

soo my stupid question is about taunt. when taunting someone, isn't there two different ones? and one of them is an actual taunt, but the other is a cancellable taunt, allowing you to go into other attacks if the opponent runs at you? answer appreciated. :china:

Knowing is one thing as in knowing the properties of attacks, setups (theoritically), comboes and etc. Applying in a real match is another as in when to use the setups, player psychology, mind games etc. Anyways to improve application when playing alone? Does perform your combo upon reaction when the hit makes contact fall under knowing or application?

Anyways to improve application when playing alone?

If by application you mean experience, then no.

Does perform your combo upon reaction when the hit makes contact fall under knowing or application?

This is called a 'hit-confirm' and falls under execution.

There's knowledge, execution, and experience. The first two you can improve on your own. The last is what you need to leave the house for.

Thread hasn't been posted in for a bit, but am I going to need a Japanese memory card to go with my J PS2 or can I just use an American one?

Wasnt there a glitch with Venoms throw back in XX that caused the opponents burst gauge to fill up very fast? AFAIR it was because the throw does 7(?) hits that all count towards the opponents burst gauge and not only one as it should have been (and now is). So basically that means that burst gauge fill more trough hits than trough damage.

I got a stupid question, I've been reading peoples posts about when they are in training mode the the Beat counter grays out when your opponent is able to tech out. I've done some combos that seem like they can be teched out of but the beat counter never grays out. Am I missing something or is there a setting I need to turn on? Thanks

The beat counter greying out is a Slash only feature. Are you playing on Slash? If you are playing on Slash. What is the combo you are trying to do?

Seriously........why Red Potemkin everywhere?

Seriously.

haven't you already asked this question?

and all his colors in slash seem to be about equally popular as far as i know. none of them are particularly ugly. and i play k color.

During most of Anji-Mito's attacks involving the Zessen (and his stagger/air throw animations), Japanese characters appear on his fans. It seems like every animation has a unique character, and if more than one fan is used they both have unique characters. Anyone able to translate any of them? Anything interesting on them? I figure the stagger might be something funny, at least.

yeah i actually did some of them last year at the old Holy Zen forums in this thread (under a smiliar screen name). The images have long gone down, though, but you should be able to piece together most of what I posted.

Mind you, that was a year ago, so I may have made some mistakes that I wouldn't make now >_>

No I'd post the translations of the kanji during Anji's animations again in this forum just so everyone can see them. Maybe I'll go through his sprite set sometime and just try to figure stuff out again, then post up what I figure out in a new thread.

Actually, I'd already made a .rar file containing every character I could find in it's most clearly visible frame. I'd have posted it, but it's too large to fit as an attachment. I've posted it on Megaupload instead:

Here

That might be helpful...

Why arn't there any black Guilty Gear characters? Are there just no black people in the post apocolyptic future? And why do Asian people mysteriously possess innate mystic abilities that make them generally more powerful or more adept at magic than westerners in the story?