Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

What's the purpose of IB-ing with FD? It seems to still take a slight chunk of tension plus still have slower recovery from blockstun. No I'm not about to search 41 pages to see if this as been asked already.

What's the purpose of IB-ing with FD? It seems to still take a slight chunk of tension plus still have slower recovery from blockstun.

No I'm not about to search 41 pages to see if this as been asked already.

Just tap the FD for a short flicker with the IB to reduce how much tension you're using up?

Last I looked, IBing increases tension gain and FD causes a period of reduced tension gain, so I guess you just bypass the reduced tension gain?

shrug I forget exactly what Zand told the Austin crew but he had some deal with FD+IBing Dark Angel to avoid having all of your tension and life chipped away.

CD: Thanks a ton, I'll definately check it out. I was just testing it one blocked single attacks, but seems to be more beneficial toward multiples, and I didn't even think to check the tension gain period differential. One last stupid question for the day, if one wants to try and qualify for SBO, is there absolutely no chance they will have any featured game other than in arcade? Basically all pad scrubs aren't welcome?

One last stupid question for the day, if one wants to try and qualify for SBO, is there absolutely no chance they will have any featured game other than in arcade? Basically all pad scrubs aren't welcome?

SBO is an arcade tourney, i guess you have your answer with this.

Just tap the FD for a short flicker with the IB to reduce how much tension you're using up?

Last I looked, IBing increases tension gain and FD causes a period of reduced tension gain, so I guess you just bypass the reduced tension gain?

shrug I forget exactly what Zand told the Austin crew but he had some deal with FD+IBing Dark Angel to avoid having all of your tension and life chipped away.

That is extra effective with robo-ky as he gets fixed ammounts of tension for IBing, unfortunately all that blocking is going to overheat him anyway so it's still bad for him.

I hope noone knows, else I'd feel real dumb. I only saw him once and they only showed some of him, but you can automatically tell its ky when you see him.

Well, it's not some fact that it's Ky. He was just in the background of a Guilty Gear X-Box 360 theme. Can't find it.

Under what circumstances will a balltop come loose? And is there any way to fix it back without using super glues and the like? Loose meaning the ball will unscrew itself while playing. Thanks!

I keep hearing about this character named Sin. Is he like, evil Ky or something?

Sin is Jecht.

If i own all the high scores for all characters at my local arcades does that mean im any good? :bad: :lol:

You may be better than Ogawa in #R, since he can't beat Boss I-no.

Under what circumstances will a balltop come loose? And is there any way to fix it back without using super glues and the like?

Loose meaning the ball will unscrew itself while playing.

Thanks!

just screw it back really really tight.

You may need some gripping material. Alternatively, you can open up your joystick and at the base of the stick there is a notch for a screw drive to fit in and you can use that as leverage to tighten the ball.

Let me reclarify myself.

Most sticks aren't manufactured with the ball tight enough. So under normal use the ball will eventual come loose. The solution, as mentioned above, is to retighten the ball. Really, really, tight.

Your Sammy stick obviously falls under the 'most' category of manufactured sticks with not-tight-enough balls.

(Balls. Lol.)