Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

New to GG and have some stupid questions.

Are there any benefits in getting this slash for the ps2 other than practicing combos?

Is the Ps2 version a perfect arcade port besides the 2 extra characters?

Does the GG slash beat book have good info I could use for learning more about the game?

u'd b up to date with the players and the changes made in slash. and i'm not sure if u could read japanese, but the book only covers the basics which can b read in the forums. in my opinion i would jus wait for accent core. but if u cant wait, jus port slash.

u'd b up to date with the players and the changes made in slash. and i'm not sure if u could read japanese, but the book only covers the basics which can b read in the forums. in my opinion i would jus wait for accent core. but if u cant wait, jus port slash.

Thanks. Would like to start playing, but I guess it'll be weird if I learn this and have to learn core in a few months.

No almond, buy it now. There's still like 3 months before GGXX:AC comes out in JAPAN. And it takes like, what, a year or so for them to port it to PS2 (right?). With that time or so, you would have already become good. And Slash & AC is not really that different a game that you need to re-learn the whole game. Just buy it and start training :D

port slash... Waiting for core will take you at least 8 to 12 months to come on ps2 from now. Have fun with slash, play people in arcades, then when slash is out adapt. Its not biggy.

Sorry, have another question. Is it better to use a fliptop for ps2 or mod a ps2 in order to play imports?

I'd go with a harddrive for the PS2 in order to play imports

thats what I have

Stupid Question Here

Does anyone know how to transfer videos to the CPU using one of these bad boys??

DVDHandycamCamcorders!?

Cause i wanna bring it to Webzone this friday, and get my Slayer critiqued.

just read the product info.

"Simple digital video and still image recording is here with the DCR-DVD105 DVD Handycam® camcorder. It’s simple because Sony has created a camcorder with easy-to-use features, and you can record directly onto DVD.

DVD-R, -RW and +RW Compatible

The DCR-DVD105 is compatible with a variety of DVD formats allowing the ease of use and simplicity found in DVD Media. With DVD+RW media there is not a need to finalize the disc (minimum recording required). Simply remove the disc and insert the media into a compatible DVD Player.

DVDirect Compatibility

The DVDirect Multi-Function DVD recorder models MC3 and VC30 offer direct connection to the HDD Handycam via USB 2.0 and can record all the video on the hard drive to DVD or just what’s new and changed since the last DVD burn. What’s more, the video can be recorded from the HDD Handycam to DVD at up to 3X speed."

(This last point is useful if you're recording at home, for example.)

err so in conclusion: buy that "bad boy", buy the right DVDs for it (I suggest Memorex for its consistency, but ask the sales clerk that's helping you for his/her advice on good DVDs, too), JAM IT IN, and then record~.

Alright one more thing. I have a DVD recorded already(Old its #R) it plays fine on my PS2 and what not, but when i wanna transfer it to the CPU its in some weird as format. Im thinking maybe i have to rip it. How does one proceed of the ripping of one's DVD? Or maybe there is a converter out there? Cause they told me to copied and pasted the Vids into the Cpu but i couldnt play them for shit. On another note, these vids are like 1GB and thats way to big. Thanx rtl42, the product info tells me some things, but somethings i gotta figure out.

what exactly is that? is it this thing?

http://www.ugo.com/channels/tech/features/ps2_hdd/default.asp

i have the slim model ps2 would it be compatible with it?

No, and HDD mod is a bit more complicated than just plugging in a hard drive.

Best option for slim line is flip-top mod, which is just a few doodads you plug in and a boot disc.

No, and HDD mod is a bit more complicated than just plugging in a hard drive.

Best option for slim line is flip-top mod, which is just a few doodads you plug in and a boot disc.

What are you talking about? The HDD mod is extremely easy. It's basically just pluggin it in.

Go out and buy a Maxtor IDE 40gig or above (I would recommand) www.bestbuy.com or any local computer store can help here

Go buy a ps2 network adapter www.gamestop.com or any local game store can help here

Go buy a HD advance disc or HD Loader disc www.sell.com can help there

Once everything is bought.

Open the backlid of your Ps2. You'll see a big rectangle shape hole thats where you stick in the harddrive.

Connect the network adapter to the harddrive. Now put the harddrive in and connect the network adapter to the ps2 (There is two rows of connections so one goes for for Ps2 and anothre for the HD.)

Now put in the disc. Follow a few simple steps of yes or no answer to reformat the harddrive.

And now your done.

You can now save games into the harddrive by simply putting in the game and click save

If you want to put games into it via computer to PS2. Its a tiny bit more complicated. Tell me if you want to know

What are you talking about? The HDD mod is extremely easy. It's basically just pluggin it in.

Go out and buy a Maxtor IDE 40gig or above (I would recommand) www.bestbuy.com or any local computer store can help here

Go buy a ps2 network adapter www.gamestop.com or any local game store can help here

Go buy a HD advance disc or HD Loader disc www.sell.com can help there

Once everything is bought.

Open the backlid of your Ps2. You'll see a big rectangle shape hole thats where you stick in the harddrive.

Connect the network adapter to the harddrive. Now put the harddrive in and connect the network adapter to the ps2 (There is two rows of connections so one goes for for Ps2 and anothre for the HD.)

Now put in the disc. Follow a few simple steps of yes or no answer to reformat the harddrive.

And now your done.

You can now save games into the harddrive by simply putting in the game and click save

If you want to put games into it via computer to PS2. Its a tiny bit more complicated. Tell me if you want to know

Kinda wondering though, if I do all that how does that enable me to play imported games? Do I dl them to my HD? Then any time I want to play them I don't even need the cds? Sounds good as well as convenient except for the costs, with all that it looks like I could just buy a japanese ps2.

Kinda wondering though, if I do all that how does that enable me to play imported games? Do I dl them to my HD? Then any time I want to play them I don't even need the cds? Sounds good as well as convenient except for the costs, with all that it looks like I could just buy a japanese ps2.

Yes you can play imports and you can save the games into the HD via disc or ISO.

It really isn't that expensive. Maybe 100 dollars or so

So saving GG Slash once on my HD would enable it to work without me using the HD loader everytime? Does it get saved to another format that enables me to play any import that I've saved? and can I use an external hard drive instead of an internal one? and what's the network adapter for? Sorry for all the questions, just really curious to how this works. Thanks for your time.

Ok, maybe this is a dumb question, but me and my friend got in an argument and I figured I should ask the people at dustloop, so here I am, about to get my novice ass shown up. So we were wondering who was "cheaper", Justice or EX Ky?