Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Okay, I got the flip top mod, I burnt the .iso image to a disc, which took 5 or 6 tries till I got a copy to run...now I got it to run but it takes like 5-10 min to load the memory card screen first, then another 5-10 min to load the main menu, and when I tried to select VS 2P, it just doesn't run now. Anyone have any ideas on what on earth is going on?

where did you get the flip top from, btw? and do you hear loud clicking noises coming from your disc tray when the game is loading anything?

^I get that every once in a while. There was a rattling but I removed an unecessary peice and got rid of it. Clicking mean that disc drive probably off center somehow. I just place the instuction manual on top of the lid and some kind of paper weight on top of that and clicking gone.

Clicking is trouble reading the disk, which can mean a bad laser, bad disk, or something screwed up with the assembly. Assuming you have a fatty, that little white disk in the assembly that sits on top of the CD when it's spinning is really sensitive. If you got one with your fliptop, take it out and put in the one from your original drive cover. That fixes issues for some people. Sony drives are made like shit unfortunately, which is why there are so many issues with it. As a rule, here are things not to do on a PS2: - Play moves on it (Seriously, this can mess up the laser. That's how bad Sony's hardware is) - Play burnt media on it (Any form of burnt disk can fuck up the laser) - Set it on a carpet (It screws up the ventilation)

- Play moves on it (Seriously, this can mess up the laser. That's how bad Sony's hardware is)

- Play burnt media on it (Any form of burnt disk can fuck up the laser)

- Set it on a carpet (It screws up the ventilation)

Check me out for all of the above. :blue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sRurdImDoo

Regarding this match, is the Daisuke who plays Axel the same one as Daisuke Ishiwatari? And if i'm not wrong, the player that's shown should be Daigo right? 'Cause i've seen a pic of Daisuke, and he doesn't look like this.

EDIT: Oh, and where should i post to ask for opinions about a stick i plan to get? Don't wanna make a new thread unnecessarily.

I think any Stick thread you dredge up will probably work. "Opinions on this stick" or any other ones. As for messing up your PS2, none of those things I listed will guarentee your PS2 to get messed up, just that those things put you at a higher risk of developing issues. Kinda like how smoking doesn't 'cause' lung cancer.

To answer several questions about my little problem here: I used a DVD-R not DVD-RW...does that matter? Also, I got it from some site like thegiantstore.com or something like that and yes it makes all sorts of clicking and whirring noises as it's loading stuff up. EDIT: Okay now I can't even get it to run now. No matter how much I try it just tells me 'Not a valid PS2 disc'. Sorry to complain so much but I really wanna finally play slash =(

I've had similar problems. Is it better to buy a real copy of slash instead of playing the burned one? On occassion my ps2 goes haywire and won't run slash or causes really long load times.

Okay okay. I know I keep on posting but here's what I've done: I burnt the image at 1x speed on an HP DVD-R 8x 4.7gb disk. I put in the DVD version of Swap Magic, swap it out after loading, and then like 80% of the time I get 'Not a valid PS2 disc' and the other 20% it boots up and gives me a black screen and never moves on past that. I hear a bunch of whirring and stuff as it tries to read and I've tried putting some weight on top. It helps somewhat but it still doesn't quite work. The disc works on my friend's mod-chipped PS2, but it doesn't seem to run with the flip top. I've also tried swapping to official games like Disgaea and that works perfectly fine. Sorry to keep posting and complaining but...I'm really desperate to get this thing working and I can't seem to get it run no matter what I try.

Real discs are always better IMO, as i've had several burned discs run out on me after some months of usage. Zelareth, all i can say is, i personally find modding alot more stable, so if you can afford that option i'd suggest it.

Ah okay thanks. Anyone know where I can maybe find instructions or advice on trying to calibrate the laser without breaking anything? Thanks. EDIT: My friends and I got it to work! Thanks a ton guys!! :grin:

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Is there anyway for me to program the computer to do specific moves?

In training mode, yeah. You have to set a button to record, and a button to play back. Hit record, you make the CPU do what you want, then hit the record button again to stop. Then hit the play back and the CPU will do it. If the CPU is on the opposite side of where you had them do what you want them to, it might not end up being the same.

Question about the HRAP (the green and silver one). For a Guilty Gear XX Slash, which set of buttons do I choose to replicate the actual arcade format (The distance between the stick and buttons not the button set up itself) L1, L2, S, T, C buttons or the X, S, T, R2, R1 buttons?

Post what kind of mod you have on your ps2. I personally have the newest swap magic and a v15 PS2 Soft tool modded. (7700X series ps2, american slim.) I had to bend the metal tab out of the way by the hinge to install the oldschool soft slimtool kit. My MB:AC and GGXX/ dvds are burned on HP DVD+R Media burned at 2X speed in Nero 7. They work just fine 99% of the time.

Question about the HRAP (the green and silver one).

For a Guilty Gear XX Slash, which set of buttons do I choose to replicate the actual arcade format (The distance between the stick and buttons not the button set up itself)

L1, L2, S, T, C buttons or the X, S, T, R2, R1 buttons?

Having played on Sega VS cabs myself for #Reload, it feels to me that the first set of 6 buttons (L1, L2, etc) is too close to the stick in comparison to the cab. The second set is definitely way farther than the standard, but have the correct setup to match the curvature of your hand and won't have you accidentally bumping thumbs together or the like.

But anyway to answer your question, the first set of buttons on the HRAP1 is closer to the correct distance.

I heard last time in an article Slayer fights by enlarging his parts. Is that true or do they change that in the final version. I mean the screens that time of him doing Mappa Hunch the arm was HUGE.

I've been wondering who were the teams (please include the name of player and their character used) that made it to the semi-finals and finals from SBO1, SBO2 and SBO3. Also the team that had won the tournament respectively.