Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Hi i have a question, a very escencial one: i´ve played a lot of characters as my mains since #Reload, but i cant decide wich will be my Sure main, can you help me with this? i like pressure characters, that can confuse the opponent and dont become too predictable and can land nice combos and do decent damage, as far as now i have 3 posible options: Zappa, Testament, Anji. can someone help me with this¿?

Hi i have a question, a very escencial one:

i´ve played a lot of characters as my mains since #Reload, but i cant decide wich will be my Sure main, can you help me with this?

i like pressure characters, that can confuse the opponent and dont become too predictable and can land nice combos and do decent damage, as far as now i have 3 posible options:

Zappa, Testament, Anji.

can someone help me with this¿?

Dizzy would be a good choice too, I think. But what do you need help with, really? In the end, you're going to choose who you want. Why not play all three?

Dizzy would be a good choice too, I think. But what do you need help with, really? In the end, you're going to choose who you want. Why not play all three?

mmm actually theres a lot of characters who can pressure quite good i that i didnt list (Faust, Ky, etc)

I think you´re right, maybe i could play all three, i´ll keep practicing and playing other people and see what comes out

I asked that cuz im the local champ, and i think i have to take a character seriously, cuz in every tournament i end up playing a different character XD. Anji has gave me good results, same as Testy...i havent tested Zappa in a tournament yet but in casual its quite fun and nice. That´s why i asked for help =/

I'm a Venom player and I frequently play against a Faust player here. He likes to get his distance from me in order to begin throwing random things and head. When he does so, I begin to fill the screen with balls. The problem is that, when he decides to cut distance quickly while avoiding all the balls, he simply does one of Faust doors. I have a relieable method to dodge the 3 of them, but by doing so I lose the initiative, so what I really want is to punish him hardly, preferably with a knockdown ending, regardless of which door he uses (front, back, or upper one). Does somebody know any way of doing so? Or, simply, I should react to whichever door he uses? I find this last option very difficult (almost impossible) to do. Please help me with this. P.S:By the way, he's really good at FRCing the doors.

623k whenverver he goes under the blanket?

I have already tried doing that. The problem is that, if he does one of the ground doors, he can FRC it and 6P me. And, in any case, I'm already without the initiative. On the other hand, if he does the air door, he can hit me.

What I have found to be the best till now is the following: After he dissapears, I super jump and, after reaching a good height, I begin to FD. If he does one of the ground doors, I end over his face, and he can only retaliate me if he FRCs it. Otherwise, I hit him with j. S (which has hitbox on the front and on the back), but I have to do it early if I want to hit him before he recovers, and because of that, I cannot combo him most times. If he does the air door, I block it (with the FD) and punish him of the way down. But, a lot of times, after a ground door, he ends outside of j. S range (and he mainly does ground doors). What I want is a reliable way to punish him (and, desirably, get a knockdown). Any suggestions?

IAD backwards + FD = he cant hit you and it doesnt matters if he/she Frc the doors, he/she cant do it forever, so if you see he hides under the blanket and has no tension to FRC, Block it and punish Faust. If Faust is gonna rush, try doing HS Carcass Ride/Dark Angel, that should stop him. Dont let him/her pressure you, instead try to go for a knockdown, and the make a simple ball formation (k + p) and pressure him/her.

It scales down the overall damage of your combo according to the % of proration. Say your target combo does 100 damage without any proration applied. Say you start this same combo with 6P (since in ^Core since they all prorate now) and it prorates 90% your combo now does 90 damage. Proration only happens at the beginning of a combo unless it is forced proration.(Moves like sidewinder) Forced proration is self-explanatory, everytime that move is used it scales down the damage of your combo even if it isn't the first hit. shitty explanation but I'm tired

I'm pretty sure this question has been answered before, but my friend wants to play Guilty Gear online with a router. Any DETAILED instructions on how to do so? If you just say "forward a port" we won't know which port and blah blah blah. Thanks ahead of time

Hi, everyone. I'm new here to the forum.

First, I have a copy of the original Guilty Gear X2: The Midnight Carnival, and its Slash revision.

In a university I go to in New Zealand, there was an arcade machine containing the original Guilty Gear X2: The Midnight Carnival. Now, it contains its respective #Reload revision.

I should probably get to a stupid query, so here it is:

Since I can't find a copy of the PS2 port of the #Reload revision, which version of X2 I have is closest to #Reload, in terms of game-play mechanics and character balance changes?

X2... altough Slash is better than X2 and reload since all characters have new moves, and some characters that werent that good in x2/reload (anji), are very playable in Slash. But if you want to have the closest the Reload...i would say X2

I've noticed this before, but didn't realize what all would cause this, but I've noticed that the tension bar pulsates at different speeds, like if you got a negative penalty for example, all your tension's gone, and the little bit of tension you 'would' get, the bar's stagnant (sp?). But if you're on a offensive roll or something, it'll start to pulsate faster, I'm not sure what the exact criteria is to do this, since I noticed that IB-ing a few times causes this same fast pulsating effect (assuming the fast pulsating means you have 'tension frenzy momentum' or whatever) My stupid question of the day is: Does anyone know or have some kind of data/mook thing that breaks the tension frenzy down and states how much offense/defense or whatever (probably character dependent too) it takes to acheive tension frenzy?

The rate at which your tension gauge pulses indicates the multiplier on your rate-of-tension gain. I remember there being some hard numbers somewhere, or maybe my remembering is funny. basically neg-pen gives you a stupid big negative multiplier ODs, RCs, FRCs, and FDing give you a small negative multiplier and backdashing/airdashback, too forward movement, attacking, IBing give you positive multiplier.

what does mean "frame trap"? my first fighting game is gg, and I've seen this phrase many times on the forums

Frame traps are just strings with gaps that aren't very safe to try to escape at. They don't necessarily need to be large or even noticible gaps... frame traps can be geared towards beating people who are mashing moves (leaving like 1-2 frame gaps between moves), there just needs to be a SLIGHT gap where your opponent can let go of block and try something that will get raped.

:toot:

From the old ggxx gamecombos site: "There are three main penalty categories. FD, RC / DAA, and Negative Penalty (explained below). After using FD, your Tension will increase at 20% of it's normal speed for 1 full second after the FD stops. When a Roman Cancel or Dead Angle Attack is used, your Tension will increase at 20% of it's normal speed for 4 full seconds. When Negative Penalty is incurred, your Tension will increase at 20% of it's normal speed for a full 10 seconds... ow!" The amount IB increases tension gain by was listed as unknown. So all the actions that slowdown tension gain, do so at the same rate, but the different duration lengths is what makes the real difference. I don't know about multiplies on offense. I always assumed that moves built a flat amount of tension, every frame of walking/dashing forward builds a certain amount of tension per frame, the act of jumping forward earns you a fixed amount of tension at the start of the jump, same for air dashes I believe. Then again, I play Potemkin. So not like I'd know diddly about gaining a bonus for long dashes and stuff.

snip

It's moreso a cumulative effect of doing offensive, positive pulse actions. Dashing, Air Dashing, Walking forward, getting the opponent to block a special/normal, hitting with a normal/special, combos etc. As opposed to stagnant actions(note: NOT defensive. Blocking, even normal blocking, seems to have very little or no effect on your pulse. But do note that walking backwards, sitting still, or standing still at any moment in the opponent's pressure string when you're otherwise not in blockstun WILL negatively effect your pulse. And obviously IBing is positive) which effect your pulse negatively. Backdashing, back airdashing, walking backwards, standing still, etc. There is a set amount of tension gained for offensive actions such as jumping or airdashing forward, but the amount of tension gained is effected by the pulse modifier. Simple example: Start a round with Johnny, dash forward repeatedly. You'll notice that as time goes on Johnny gains more tension per dash because his pulse is upped for doing repeated offensive actions(dashing).

Some characters have different modifiers on how they effect pulse. IE, Johnny may gain more pulse for his dash than other characters. The beginning of Axl's dash nets higher pulse gain. So repeated short dashes with him is better overall as it not only nets better tension but it ups his pulse gain faster. Zappa's backdash has a smaller negative pulse modifier than anyone else's in the game IIRC. Characters also appear to have differing max pulses, Johnny and Zappa appearing to me to have the highest possible modifiers. There are no hard numbers on these things, it's just stuff I've noticed during play.

As I noted in the other topic, IBing will not only up your pulse but it makes it possible to achieve a higher pulse modifier than you're capable of normally getting strictly through high amounts of offense.

No one answered my awesome stupid short shorts on chest question.

It's not just you.