Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Anyone point me in the direction of the Story behind A.B.A. is

what is she and what is that stupid key she lugz around.

I can't say for sure, but she's supposed to be the creation of an alquemist.

And that huge key is named Paracelsus.

Guess this is a stupid question. Do any of the characters have any normals that will impossible an opponent when doing a air/dust combo. I'm playing Eddie and Dizzy, and maybe Anji or Robo-Ky in the future. I know about Dizzy's bubble but thats not a normal so yea. And i'm not talking about ID combos. Like if I'm doing a Dizzy aircombo and I finish with a bubble, they cannot tech, does anyone else have any normals that can do this......again, even though, the bubble isn't a normal.

i don't think dizzy's 236s is useless. it helps her in her corner traps. May's restive roller does nothing except add couple more damage points at end of dust combos. and i hate using RR at the end of combos. Ok i just beat Resident Evil 4, now it's time to try and install my slide card for SLASH!! i liked GOD of War better, it should have won game of the year instead of RE4

Do any of the characters have any normals that will impossible an opponent when doing a air/dust combo.

only true normal i can think of is #R slayers j.D grounds the enemy after aircombos and even dust combos

other normals ground only at a certain distance to the ground (chipps j.D, anjis j.HS for example)

jams charged kicks also ground them after aircombos (strangely not always after dust combos) but you´ll be most likely going for a relaunch

and slash anjis j.214P will always ground them (but theese are specials)

Thanks. Also, I'm thinking of trying out Anji in Slash, but wanted to know what exactly makes him have a longer/harder learning curve then others. Is he hard to control the match with? Do you have to be extremely consistent to play him well?

Question 1:

Do you guys keep ALL the match videos downloaded or do you keep only the ones you need? Like your main character(s) match videos, etc.

Question 2:

Why do I always hear the commentator says "Suzukaze!" when someone just air-threw someone? Doesn't "Suzukaze" means cold wind/air or something?

Thanks!

I'm asking because I don't know if I should keep all of them or not. If my HDD is 10 terabytes big, I would gladly keep all of them, though. I feel like keeping them because I felt I might need it in the future, burning videos for others or when I'm going to pick up another character. Come'on! More people answer me question please :D

Sometimes I use a formal approach on the public boards, hope you don't mind ^.^! I did consider buying CD-RWs to store them, however, there are more then twenty characters... and assuming each disc is $2 each, I will need around $40! :) Sponsors please :( I'm not as rich as Incendia! X( Rich bastard... *Note: If someone kidnaps you, it's probably me.*

Nahhs i'm cool with it. You dont download every char right? Just 5 discs enough, if you know what i mean. No imma poor guy. Hmr knows. His wallet then is L33T. Kidnap me? "Coconut!" Thou shalt not lay your filthy single hand on my holy knight uniform!

I don't download every characters' match videos in the past. Now I do, but I delete them away if I am not going to store them. Oh and, Samurai > Knight

I download everything. Then when I get low on space, I go through my vids and delete any outdated strats, tacts, or combos i see. So like, recently I've been clearing out alot of my old Slash vids. Like all the ones when people didn't know how to punish Ho-Sol and when people were just spamming Jackhounds like it was unblockable.

Ahh I see. But I have another question for you: Do you even bother to view the videos (of characters who are not your mains) you downloaded again?

I watch all the videos I download. Even if they're not my mains. That way I know what other chars are capable of doing.

Hmmm... well, I have a question. What is the original button settings for joystick (arcade, the official stick...) in GGXX#R? And will GGXXSlash conserve it? Where I live there aren't arcade machines so I can't verify it. PD: Sorry if my english is a bit crappy.

Hmmm... well, I have a question.

What is the original button settings for joystick (arcade, the official stick...) in GGXX#R? And will GGXXSlash conserve it?

Where I live there aren't arcade machines so I can't verify it.

PD: Sorry if my english is a bit crappy.

K S H

P - D

There shouldn't be any reason for it to be different in Slash.

:o How big is your HDD? :O

And, how do you file them? According to who wins?

dun know,got alot of space though.....im too lazy to file them