Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Hmmm... well, I have a question.

What is the original button settings for joystick (arcade, the official stick...) in GGXX#R? And will GGXXSlash conserve it?

Where I live there aren't arcade machines so I can't verify it.

PD: Sorry if my english is a bit crappy.

Posted Image

if your stick has 6 buttons

4=p 1=k 2=s 3=h 4=d 5= nothing

how come sometimes i can block the second hit of Ky's 236k and sometimes i cant? :blue:

I second this question. I wonder too. Thanks for bringing it up!

If Ky hits on the early active frames of the 1st hit, then his opponent has enough time to recover before the 2nd hit goes active.

The very frame an attack makes contact is the frame that triggers the hitstun / blockstun.. Let's say your Move has 5 frames active and 7 frame recovery and triggers 10 frames of hitstun. So If you hit on the first active frame, the enemies hitstun will be over while you are still in your recovery frames.. but if the move hits at the 5th active frame your Move will be over 3 frames before your enemy can recover from hitstun. So in the Ky 214K case it's a question of distance.. if Ky is that close that the first frame will hit you (not sure if it is exactely the first frame, but you get the point), you will be able to block again.. if hie hits in a later frame you will be able to block.. That's why he even has to wait a short moment in his combo before he cancels into it..

Ky slides a fixed length before doing the second hit so if you hit with the first early ,the time it takes to end the full slide prevents the second hit from connecting. And, my q : Where does Johnny get so many bottles for doing Ensengas? P.s. pls don't ban me :angel:

Where does Johnny get so many bottles for doing Ensengas?

From his coat.

I can never see the bottles in game, but every sprite I've seen of the attack shows the bottle very clearly.

It's only visable for a few short frames. Try and pause the game before the 1st hit. And you should be able to see it.

Hey, here's a question. If GG:TML takes place 5 years after Justice was sealed away, and GGX:BYS takes place 1 year after that, and Dizzy is 3 years old in GGX, and Justice is Dizzy's mother... Um, how does that work? Please don't tell me Justice was locked in the same interdimensional prison as Faust or something...

If I recall correctly, IIRC stands for "I'm initiating roman cancels!!" I usually scream it out really loudly right before I initiate a roman cancel. IANAL. YMMV.

Quick stupid question: How do you stage select and BGM select at the arcades? On XX/, i mean. Some / vids i've seen are char X vs Y, using X's stage but Y's BGM.

in arcades, the challenger gets the music and the winner of the previous set gets his/her stage. i think.