Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

A meaty is used to describe a move you throw out while someone is waking up from being knocked down where they get up in to the active hit frames, so that they can not do anything other than block or do a reversal shoryu, backdash, etc.

Pretty much any move can be a meaty, but a great example would be Pot's 6HS. It has a ton of active hit frames, so it's not hard to throw it out while someone is getting up off the ground so that they MUST block it (or do something with invincibility frames).

Er... I'm going to answer this question a little further, because this isn't quite right (Well, it's right, but there's more to it..)

Yeah, meaty tends to mean you throw it out on oki to oust the startup, but "meaty" actually means that you're hitting with later active frames of the move (If someone says "perfect meaty," they tend to mean you're hitting with the last active frame of the move.) Basically, if a move with ten active frames hits on the first active frame (which it will in normal circumstances) the rest of the active frames still happen, but they're effectively recovery. If you create a situation (such as the opponent waking up) where the first active frames CAN'T hit, you can hit meaty with a move for extra frame advantage.

Does GG AC(+) PS2 work on PS3? I'm in Europe, so I'm talking about the PS3 without the emo-engine. Does it work, and if so: perfect? If this has been answered before, I'm very sorry, but I tried searching and couldn't find anything.

japanese or US games won't work with EU-ps2 compatible ps3s, because the region protection for ps2 games is still active. at least that's what i heard.

Yeah, but that's the PS2-hardware versions, right? What about the PS3's that strictly emulates in software (i.e. pretty much all the PS3's sold in Europe and Japan). I'd be surprised if there wasn't anyone where with both a new PS3 (without the emo-engine hardware) and a version of Accent Core.

Sorry if this is the wrong section to ask this question, first post. Found this forum outstanding in getting all types of Guilty Gear info so here is my question regarding the gallery section of Guilty Gear XX Slash. Wanted to know if there are more than 9 special illustrations and if so, how do you obtain the rest?

it was really easy to combo in an air grab /burst grab in previous version of ggxx before ac. how different is this in AC?? im having a hard time comboing them. :( its just been bugging me for a long time.

Does anyone know how the ggx reload online was program or coded to have online play? Any type of instructions of anykind to program or code a pc game for netplay like ggxreload online. Me and my friend devilchipp are very willing to code that game for online play would love the help of any info. Like what do we need to add online play to pc games *basicaly just talkin about isuka pc*

I was wondering BlazBlue will it be released on PS2?I'm to lazy to google it... also 3d tiem I ask xD where are the AC+ Story mode translation if there are any?

there is an active BlazBlue thread in the Misc. Fighters board, towards the bottom of the forum page, that you can post in. but, to answer your question directly, it hasn't been confirmed which consoles BB will be released on, since console release will happen in quite a while. (well after arcade release, which will occur sometime this fall or winter.)

it was really easy to combo in an air grab /burst grab in previous version of ggxx before ac. how different is this in AC?? im having a hard time comboing them. :( its just been bugging me for a long time.

Air throws were reduced in range for every character from Slash to AC, so you have to be a bit closer now to land them. The range reduction for most characters is 20% (from a range of 110 pixels to 88 pixels).

You can view each character's air throw range, among other odd bits of data, on the AC System Data Page.

umm you see that little part where it says "Compatible with PlayStation2â„¢ For US/Canada systems" and then has a US flag? that means that it's the american version.

speaking of, does anyone have any play-asia coupons?

If I had some I'd help you out. My last coupon expired though some months ago.

umm you see that little part where it says "Compatible with PlayStation2â„¢

For US/Canada systems" and then has a US flag? that means that it's the american version.

o ok thanks

thats actually a really good price for it too. play-asia can be slow but usually they're pretty good. i've ordered from them a few times and i'm sure alot of others on this board have too.

hmm if you haven't bought it yet don't buy it from play asia you can pick up the US version from your local Gamestop if you live in America

hmm

if you haven't bought it yet

don't buy it from play asia

you can pick up the US version from your local Gamestop if you live in America

Yeah, don't bother waiting and paying shipping. Play-asia is reliable and all, in my experience anyways, but really, just go get the american version at your local gamestore; it might take a little searching but 9/10 stores should have it. It sold pretty well from what I understand, so I don't think it should be too hard to get your hands on.

Yeah, don't bother waiting and paying shipping. Play-asia is reliable and all, in my experience anyways, but really, just go get the american version at your local gamestore; it might take a little searching but 9/10 stores should have it. It sold pretty well from what I understand, so I don't think it should be too hard to get your hands on.

but brand new for 14.90?