Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Perhaps I should be a little more specific. I actually visit a local arcade once in a while that has GGXX: AC (well last time I went, anyways), and would like to get good enough to at least put up a fight next time I go. So with that in mind, should I just get the PS2 port of AC? Also, which game is used at console tournaments?

AC+ plays the exact same way as AC, so again, either one is fine if you're just looking to get good enough to play at an arcade.

I remember people saying some version of AC+ has some glitches. Like some character is missing some gatling. It might of been the Japanese version of AC+. Everyone usually runs American AC. Or at least accepts whatever glitches are in the American AC port.

Roboky and Zappa. I think robot can't do like, 5P-2S or something, and Zappa has something that normally gatlings into c.S normally but it becomes f.S in that gatling when done in plus. Those were the only glitches I heard about

Very touchy subject, sir. You may want to delete that. Though I will say, I heard ps2 emulation period has lag, like 2+ frames I believe, so I'm not sure if you want to do that. Besides, AC + PS2 is cheap as sin anyway.

First off, buy it. Second, 2 frames lag in GG is a lot worse than 2 frames of lag in other fighters imo. You shouldn't play in lag because it will throw off your timing for some things.

shezmu: Gonna delete that right away. Is the lag really that bad? zdravkelja: Hmm..maybe I'm going to give it a try. MissedFRC: Prolly if I get a job really soon and I decide to buy it. Are there no recent news about releasing GGXXAC for PC yet?

If you don't have PS2, it's the only good solution. And I don't want to buy PS2 just becouse of AC when I have PS3 (and there will be GG on PS3, there's no doubt)... If you have at least 3GHz CPU, give it a try...

I'm getting a friend into GG, but he lacks a PS2. So I was wondering, is there anything wrong/different with the Wii version of GGAC+ compared to PS2 version, as long as you play it without retarded controls?

Another stupid question...because I'm bored. I'd like to download the #reload color edit palette. I downloaded it in zip but I couldn't get it to work or didn't open the right folder. Can somebody walk me through it, including right from the start?

Get a Cthulhu stick, that way you can play on both systems.

The wii version is fine afaik, but it's not the tournament standard, so you should have some way to use whatever stick you pick on a PS2.

Has anyone ever made an Ex character tier list for any Guilty Gear?

I've been a long-time GG fan, and it feels great to branch out. Doubles the cast.

If no list has been made, do any of the EX characters stand out for being ridiculous?

Dizzy's sword special and Slayers cape super come to mind, but I'm not sure how retarded they would be on a competitive level.

Has anyone ever made an Ex character tier list for any Guilty Gear?

I've been a long-time GG fan, and it feels great to branch out. Doubles the cast.

If no list has been made, do any of the EX characters stand out for being ridiculous?

Dizzy's sword special and Slayers cape super come to mind, but I'm not sure how retarded they would be on a competitive level.

All of them are pretty ridiculous. None as bad as Gold Faust though - every item is a meteor; one hit = death.

Okay, quick question. I'm just breezing over Overture on youtube and gone through all the cutscenes out of curiosity of the game but the very last one with the ending isn't there...the english version that is. Can anyone give me a link to the ending scene or just a translation of it?

Thanks.