Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

What makes Eddie so good? I'm assuming that he can set up unblockables with himself and his little creature but that can't be the only reason.

Hmmm lets see, unblockables, srk that goes into IK, good zoning without his minion, good air presence and decent damage. I think that pretty much sums it up. Out of the entire cast, Eddie pretty much has it all.

+ a shitload on block, used in unblockables, makes you eat chip dmg/waste meter to FD, stops you from getting in, buy time for shadow meter recharge, setups, etc

Care to elaborate? GG newbie here
In case you didn't know, Eddie's drills are low and his little Eddie has a projectile that is high. And he can use them at the same time :v:

What characters are most similar or have some similarities with hakumen? Im thinking baiken, roboky and johnny. I never played GG before so am i correct?

plus majority of his normals are from ky,and order sol has his version of dustloop which is really different from what he has

Hakumen has pressure and mixup most like Slayer, but a neutral game most like Johnny/Ky.

Stay free.

So you're saying you don't know me and have never played me?

Your opinion of my vids can be whatever, I just want to make sure you've never played me?

Stay trolling :)

What characters are most similar or have some similarities with hakumen? Im thinking baiken, roboky and johnny. I never played GG before so am i correct?

coming from BB to GG and trying to find a character that's familiar is kind of akward because a minimum of 3 GG characters went into each BB one, so playing is kind of like playing an rpg where a BB character is a class and a GG character is a 'specialization' (i think of WoW in this case).

you basically have to pick which aspect of that character appealed to you the most, the counters (baiken...ish), the meter management (robo-ky's odd meter he has going on) or the samurai-esque fighting style (johnny's quickdraw thing he has going on)

The character you're reffering to is the vanilla GGXX version of Robo-Ky and not Ky. Robo-Ky has a completely different move set in the following games, only in this version he does look a lot like Ky with a few different moves.

If you're playing accent core you should be careful to look for GGXX accent core vids, the game in this video is vanilla GGXX and it's completely outdated now, you won't be able to reproduce the combos you see in it.

Has anyone experimented with different controllers for playing GG? I find the PS2 controller's analog stick is too slow and the D-Pad is really awful, so I was thinking of getting an adapter so I could try out a SNES controller, which has my favorite D-Pad of all time. Anyone tried this or have a better gamepad solution?

Gotta train hard for the PSN release, heh.

Edited by Marche

Baiken's counters work very differently than Hakumen's.

Hakumen can throw a counter out, and a little glowing disc hangs out and disappears. It's a visual cue that any player that is a fast enough thinker can void and even bait and punish without much of a problem. If you want a character with a similar counter, look at Testament or Axl. If you get hit, you know exactly what will happen depending on High low or air.

Baiken's counters can be hidden anywhere. If she hits 4 or 1 at any time and blocks, a guard cancel may come out, and one of her own choosing. It is much more versatile, way more confusing for opponents that don't know what beats it, and more difficult to bait effectively.

That being said, don't let the really good options and stealth fool you. Baiken's counters are all baitable, all beatable, and barring Sakura (except the recover time without RC or FRC), they all leave her vulnerable in some way. People call Baiken cheap - I believe they are salty that they can't just autopilot kill her like you can on probably every other character.

As I learn more and more about this character, I am starting to dislike Hakumen/Baiken comparisons.

Star pretty much laid it out: Hakumen has counters, Baiken has Guard Cancels. I can't really think of any character who plays a lot like Hakumen in Guilty Gear, so you'll just have to try out the cast on your own.

Edited by Amadeous

has their been a lot of players from the Bb community who have gotten interested in GG since the announce of the port? I really hope this revitalizes interest in this amazing game. This was the game that GOT me into fighting games

I have an insignia 22" TV, and I'm playing GG through my PS2, through the PVR.

I am thinking it's maybe my controller (It IS pretty stiff, I'm used to playing at club with a CRT TV and some really loose controllers)

My PS2 is used mostly for RPGs...So Now that I have more time to actually play here, I'm like...unable to do anything. Things don't seem right.

Is this a normal thing, or is it just me?

SUMMER IS TOO DAMN VAGUE...WHEN IS THIS GAME COMING OUT???

Yes. I am frustrated.

I've heard September.

I have an insignia 22" TV, and I'm playing GG through my PS2, through the PVR.

I am thinking it's maybe my controller (It IS pretty stiff, I'm used to playing at club with a CRT TV and some really loose controllers)

My PS2 is used mostly for RPGs...So Now that I have more time to actually play here, I'm like...unable to do anything. Things don't seem right.

Is this a normal thing, or is it just me?

Confirmed for lag. I have to do things eariler on my TV :( This means I can't really practice on it. T_____T

I ugess going from standard def to widescreen on TV is no bueno. I wonder if BB is like that, too?