Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

as far as i'm concerned IAD combos are the hardest shit in GG, they are basically links with more than timing requirements.

Sure, but they're usually moderately lenient links and they have very obvious visual cues.

Also, you should try out the new characters. Lots of people who don't have their old main in the game are playing Bedman, Ramlethal, and Elphelt.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I am wondering if it is possible for me to get any of the color packs?

I downloaded the game off the US PSN store for ps4, but I live in europe so naturally my ps+ account is european. So basically I have two questions.

1. From what I understand the x-mas color pack is exclusive to Japan. If i made a Japanese psn account and downloaded the pack would it jive with the US version of the game?

2. Is there some kind of fancy way for me to get the ps+ color pack even though my ps+ account is linked to the european store? (I´m assuming the color pack wont show up on EU psn because the game isn´t on there.)

TYVM

1. Nope, DLC is region restricted to same copy region/version of the game. (US DLC to US Copy retail/digital. And the same to JP/HK asia regions) Although the Christmas DLC will also be free in the US next week for a limited time, so don't worry about it.

2. Not unless either your PS+ account is either US or JP/HK. Since, as you said, the game isn't on the EU/PAL store, yet.

Thanks kikuichjmonji!!! I'll keep practice on the ground and worry about that later. Plus when I started the combo I was jumping into the guy. I'll worry about that iad combos later. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pardon the rudimentary question, but I've been disconnected from the new features of Sony platforms for a while.

Regarding cross-save, from Options > System, there are two options: Upload System Save Data and Download System Save Data. Just to verify, both are in relation to the cross-save feature, right?

The part that confuses me is, by most accounts, PS Plus --which I currently do not have-- is not necessary for the cross-save feature, yet the option to upload and download data states that saves are uploaded to and downloaded from the online storage --a PS Plus-exclusive feature-- respectively.

Long question short, I guess I'm asking how this feature works in Xrd's case.

Much thanks to whoever answers.

Is there a list of various character's HPs and stun (if they are different), something like this?

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/05/stamina-stun-dash-and-jump-rankings-street-fighter-4/

all characters have the same HP, but someone's been working on a list of Guts values:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9882-xrd-guts-thread/

Got another region related question.

I´ve been trying to play ranked matches but I basically can´t. When I search for players I always get 2-3 results or nothing at all, and literally every single one shows a red 0 for connection. Out of maybe 50+ searches every single player I´ve seen with no exceptions has been a zero connection and I can only assume this has to do with the fact that I am playing the US version in europe.

The thing about this that I find odd is that I can find a game any time on the european servers for PLAYER matches. There are always people on there, and every single one of those matches runs fine with a 2f delay that doesn´t seem to ever drop. I even ran a little test and played a few games on the New England region and even those games rarely dipped below a 6f delay. So it didn´t run as smoothly obviously, but it was serviceable. Despite this, the few times (5) that I´ve actually managed to connect to a player in ranked games, it is always showing a 19f delay and the match is basically unplayable.

What exactly is the root of this issue? Are there no european servers for ranked play or something? I sort of don´t want to believe that there isn´t a soul in europe who wants to play ranked but I´ve yet to see a single one. 

I should probably summarize the question: Why can I connect/play player matches in europe just fine, but not ranked matches?

Oh and I´ve tried Jap and Eng voices so that´s not doing anything.

Ty

Very few people prefer ranked over player matches / arcade lobbies, plus the game's not out in EU so that group of people is even smaller.

This has always been the case in ASW games, just play in player matches and if you really have to play ranked, wait for the EU release (lol) when there'll be a big influx of new players

Got another region related question.

I´ve been trying to play ranked matches but I basically can´t. When I search for players I always get 2-3 results or nothing at all, and literally every single one shows a red 0 for connection. Out of maybe 50+ searches every single player I´ve seen with no exceptions has been a zero connection and I can only assume this has to do with the fact that I am playing the US version in europe.

The thing about this that I find odd is that I can find a game any time on the european servers for PLAYER matches. There are always people on there, and every single one of those matches runs fine with a 2f delay that doesn´t seem to ever drop. I even ran a little test and played a few games on the New England region and even those games rarely dipped below a 6f delay. So it didn´t run as smoothly obviously, but it was serviceable. Despite this, the few times (5) that I´ve actually managed to connect to a player in ranked games, it is always showing a 19f delay and the match is basically unplayable.

What exactly is the root of this issue? Are there no european servers for ranked play or something? I sort of don´t want to believe that there isn´t a soul in europe who wants to play ranked but I´ve yet to see a single one. 

I should probably summarize the question: Why can I connect/play player matches in europe just fine, but not ranked matches?

Oh and I´ve tried Jap and Eng voices so that´s not doing anything.

Ty

The simplest answer is usually the right one; there's nobody other than you in your vicinity looking for a ranked game.

My question regarding ranked: How in the world do you create a ranked match? After futzing around a bit I figured out the confusing lobby system and I know how to search for a ranked match, however I cannot find out where/how to create a ranked match myself.

My question regarding ranked: How in the world do you create a ranked match? After futzing around a bit I figured out the confusing lobby system and I know how to search for a ranked match, however I cannot find out where/how to create a ranked match myself.

Simple, you just hit "Entry" and there you go (then either depeding on PS3/PS4, press start/options when you hear "newcomer" during the wait), this system was also done in BB:CP and P4AU, though not as confusing in those games to create a ranked room yourself though.

all characters have the same HP, but someone's been working on a list of Guts values:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9882-xrd-guts-thread/

I just wanted to point out that Guts only affects characters who are low on life. It's what gives the "magic pixel" effect so that characters are harder to bring from 50%-0% than 100%-50%.

The biggest factor on a character's vitality is their Defense Modifier, which is a multiplier for all damage they receive. Potemkin and Bedman's are .94, meaning they only take 94% damage, while Chipp and Millia have ones above 1.2.

Hi, just downloaded the game yesterday, I'm new to GG (i've been playing casually Guilty Gear on the PS2 and more recently AC+R on Xbox).

I'm more a Street Fighter player and Acsys games feels so different !

What i'm having the most trouble with right now is air dash > j. Attack > j. Attack > j. Attack > ground combo (i'm talking about those trials around 20-25).

Any advice on how to perform it easily ? I tried to instant air dash but it seems my character is too high.

On a side note : this game is fantastic !

Hi, just downloaded the game yesterday, I'm new to GG (i've been playing casually Guilty Gear on the PS2 and more recently AC+R on Xbox).

What i'm having the most trouble with right now is air dash > j. Attack > j. Attack > j. Attack > ground combo (i'm talking about those trials around 20-25).

Any advice on how to perform it easily ? I tried to instant air dash but it seems my character is too high.

Unless my mind went dumb. I think you can Gatling the first 3 attacks in the air. That might make it easier.

It's better to give an example of a combo / trial you have trouble with. I got what you mean though and yes, you are absolutely right: an instant air dash IS too high for some of these trials. I remember a specific one for Sol. it's basically: jump up, input dash before touching the ground. you will want to be lower than the IAD height. Remember you can always let the dummy show you what to do (On PS3 Start - Sample)!

Has anyone had any luck getting a Madcatz PS3 fightpad working on the PS4? The PS4 dpad is a pain to use at times, really trying to see if I can get my fightpad to connect but to no avail. 

It won't work unless ASW magically decides to use the Reverge Labs driver or Sony adds backwards compatibility on their own.

I got this game recently, and I've only ever played GG casually. Out of the characters I used to use, Dizzy, Zappa, and Testament are gone, leaving Ky and May as characters I feel relatively comfortable with. I'm leaning toward maning Ky to be boring, and because I don't think I understand proper GG fundamentals and I don't want to get bogged down in weird stuff before learning the stuff that matters. I have a question though.

How important is the Jump Install mechanic? I've never fully understood, and I don't really like it. Is there anyone who needs to use it constantly? Does everyone? If possible, I'd prefer to use someone who isn't super reliant on it.

I got this game recently, and I've only ever played GG casually. Out of the characters I used to use, Dizzy, Zappa, and Testament are gone, leaving Ky and May as characters I feel relatively comfortable with. I'm leaning toward maning Ky to be boring, and because I don't think I understand proper GG fundamentals and I don't want to get bogged down in weird stuff before learning the stuff that matters. I have a question though.

How important is the Jump Install mechanic? I've never fully understood, and I don't really like it. Is there anyone who needs to use it constantly? Does everyone? If possible, I'd prefer to use someone who isn't super reliant on it.

Not a lot of characters really rely on this mechanic as a core thing, but everyone can use it to some extent.

For Chipp it is a must have to know or else you lose out on a lot of damage and options.  I think May and Ino as well?

For most it just adds optimal damage when the enemy is too far up for a normal jump combo, so you would super jump to reach them.  Or some really gimmicky shit like, ji bandit revolver, rc the first hit then IAD S D.

Some characters have to use it a lot. Most use it to optimize damage, but they have combos without JI if you're scared of it. Ky hardly uses it.

Chipp is the only character I can think of where I would say it's mandatory. 
And Chipp has fast-paced combos that I'd call relatively difficult compared to a good chunk of the cast, where if you can do them consistently, JI will probably not be an issue for you anyway.

Is there a page that explains what is unlockable and what is available only via purchase? I don't want to buy something that is actually unlockable in-game.

Is there a page that explains what is unlockable and what is available only via purchase? I don't want to buy something that is actually unlockable in-game.

The only unlockable that can also be bought as DLC is Sin. He can be unlocked for W$200,000. Everything else is either unlock only (music, art) or DLC only (Elphelt, Leo, colors, announcers).