Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

YRCs can't happen during blockstun, justguards reduce blockstun so you're in neutral after the f.S

Yes I know this, but you can fS > dauro YRC as it's not a blockstring. Known ramlethal players do this, often into cmd-grab as it's at a convenient range.

I'm guessing it's either a spacing thing or a crouching/standing thing. You're probably crouch blocking it instead of stand blocking like the dummy is.

No, I'm standblocking. Can't be spacing as I recorded and played back at neutral starting positions.

Yes I know this, but you can YRC fS > dauro as it's not a blockstring. Known ramlethal players do this, often into cmd-grab as it's at a convenient range.

ah, didn't know that.

/footinmouth

Man disregard all that, I'm not able to recreate it. Human error, I suck.

Does anyone in here know how to view versus mode replays? Even after having applied the filter for "versus" replays nothing comes up.

Ive played some test games on my versus mode and nothing comes up with the option to save the replays after the match is over...

Am i missing something? Ive applied the filter and gone from network to system storage etc etc and nothing. Ive tried turning off all the filters and switching to friends on,y and lots of other stuff but nothing happens...

-edit... Nvm... Its a togglable option in the options menu that is defaulted to "off" instead of "auto" or "check every time"

... Wow, terrible decisions all around on these menus... Like all the options in the world but in the silliest most counterintuitive manner ever.

So you'd rather they save replays automatically, and eat up your whole hard drive with matches? :p

Well, there's a 100 replay limit. But replays do add a substantial wait time between match end and the replay/character select menu.

All I've heard is second hand from Titanium Beast that they were defective, but, well, all of them?

Mine was as RifleAvenger described.

Felt pretty good playing with it but after 25 minutes of challenge mode the D-Pad broke right off...

Maybe i'm gonna reuse the interior somehow to build a PS4-stick or something.

About the playstation plus colors, i have them both purchased online, but does the stupid "limited availability" until 2/10 mean that eventually you won't be able to download them at all anymore?

How stupid that would be. If one of my playstations die they won't be able to download it anymore...

So you'd rather they save replays automatically, and eat up your whole hard drive with matches? :p

Um..yes. It should be on by default. If you dont want the harddrive filled up, turn it off. At the very least let people know that its an option when playing versus for the first time, by having a message come up asking what you want done with the replays.

About the playstation plus colors, i have them both purchased online, but does the stupid "limited availability" until 2/10 mean that eventually you won't be able to download them at all anymore?

How stupid that would be. If one of my playstations die they won't be able to download it anymore...

You can usually re-download items that are no longer on PSN via Account Management I think. If your system dies, so long as it's in your download history, you're OK

They're available for "purchase" during that time, they'll be re-downloadable even after the window.

Yeah, as long as you're a PS+ user and DL the PS+ colors for "Free" during that timeframe, then yeah, you're golden, but...as a witness, if your PS+ sub expires, the PS+ colors go with it (and all PS+ content that was DL'd for free, DLC included), since my sub has lapsed recently and may choose to renew later on.

Though even if your sub lapses and you got the PS+ colors during that time and choose to renew later, its still on your DL list as long as you're a PS+ user, even renewed. (So yeah, in short, you don't even get to keep the PS+ colors forever unless you pay the PS+ sub often [Either Tri-monthly or Yearly]. Which is a real pain...)

I have a quick question regarding the original Guilty Gear on PS1. The import from Japan is much cheaper than the US version and my PS1 is a Japan import and I use my PS3 for US PS1 games. My question is: Will the import have any english text dialouge or will it be in Japanese? I can't read Japanese and I'm trying to get a good understanding of the GG story. I picked up #Reload back on XB days for $20 and didn't care so much about story as I did gameplay with friends. Now XRD is making me rethink that I need to at least beat GG GG2 and of course I'm working on XRD now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have a quick question regarding the original Guilty Gear on PS1. The import from Japan is much cheaper than the US version and my PS1 is a Japan import and I use my PS3 for US PS1 games. My question is: Will the import have any english text dialouge or will it be in Japanese? I can't read Japanese and I'm trying to get a good understanding of the GG story. I picked up #Reload back on XB days for $20 and didn't care so much about story as I did gameplay with friends. Now XRD is making me rethink that I need to at least beat GG GG2 and of course I'm working on XRD now.

It doesn't have English dialogue. The only English text is the main menu and the command lists that show up before each fight.

Also, it isn't really big on its story. It does obviously set stuff up for X, but ts presentation is minimal compared to all of the later games (except for the original release of X, which didn't even have cutscenes like its predecessor), and there have been some noticeable retcons since. If you're interested in the story, Xrd's database and maybe some other sources would probably be more helpful than actually playing it. I'd only recommend getting it if you're interested in the series' evolution or if you just wanna have fun with how fucking broken it is.

It doesn't have English dialogue. The only English text is the main menu and the command lists that show up before each fight.

Also, it isn't really big on its story. It does obviously set stuff up for X, but ts presentation is minimal compared to all of the later games (except for the original release of X, which didn't even have cutscenes like its predecessor), and there have been some noticeable retcons since. If you're interested in the story, Xrd's database and maybe some other sources would probably be more helpful than actually playing it. I'd only recommend getting it if you're interested in the series' evolution or if you just wanna have fun with how fucking broken it is.

Ok good to know thanks. I will probably end up getting it I just found I can get it cheaper on PSN and use my fightstick so that's good. I just want to check the game out and it's only 617 yen.

Wait the PS+ colors go away when your PS+ expires? Well fuck, guess I only got 2 weeks of Tron colors then...

Yep, kinda sucks, but if you renew, you'll still keep them, its a shame its kinda backwards though, like I said, you don't get to keep them forever.

Pachi has yet to be involved with anything regarding Gabriel, and that kind of ability has been around for a long time now in anime and games, so not likely.

Is instant blocking the same amount of frames reduced or is it different for every attack blocked? Is there frame data for instant blocking?

I was doing research on attack level before I asked here again and I still am confused on how its determined how an attack is level 0 1 2 3 4

I was doing research on attack level before I asked here again and I still am confused on how its determined how an attack is level 0 1 2 3 4

You don't "determine" them, you look them up on the wiki. I believe all the attack levels are listed there.