Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

What are some universal means of baiting anti-airs and come out advantageous? (granted, Bedman has the most un-universal movement set, but still). If the answer is "that doesn't exist" that's fine, just curious

You've more or less got to make them whiff, since the gatling system and near universal special cancels make frame advantage on normals irrelevant in many situations.. Things that stall, delay, or increase your momentum are good. Bedman could maybe do a Task A or B YRC? Not sure how much C changes momentum.

I guess the question then is how do you make it wiff AND punish? A lot of the time it seems like an AA can wiff and recover in time to block. Also, yeah, all of Bedman's task moves change his momentum in different directions, A and A' send h back, B sends him forward, and C makes him still and straight down.

I got an absurd easter egg question:

Has anyone found the "Alien" from Millia's stage in GGXrd at all yet?

It's been a tradition in nearly all the games to have an Alien show up in Millia's stages.

GG1: Russian Mansion (in the trees)
GGX: Russia Stage (behind the fountainhead)
GGXX series: flies in a flying saucer
Accent Core: A hidden Painting on the London Stage.

GGXrd??? (Well her stage is Dragonica Falls so...???)

Yes, it was confirmed in some of the leaked loketest footage.

Of course they might remove it by the time it actually releases.

I heard some speculations that danger time chance was slightly reduced but can't remember from where.

Danger Time activates ONCE per match.

Regardless it still has a random chance of activating on clash.

Danger Time activates ONCE per match.

Regardless it still has a random chance of activating on clash.

I approve of this change. It needed to be toned down, but this is better than giving into the whiners and removing it entirely.

I  understand the whole attack lvl section in the wiki but the matter regard attack levels in block stun..
As example Anji in +R 2K is lvl3 attack which is +6 on block and 2H is lvl5 but it's +5 on block.. isn't the block advantage is put the opp a guard stun before they can do any action ??
But when i  both gatling to 3K i could escape "2K.3K" by jumping but not "2H.3K"..what i missing here ??

Ok, so frame advantage is when you can move before your opponent when you put them in block stun.  So yes, if Anji's 2K is +6, if you let the move fully recover you can act for 6 frames before the opponent can when it's blocked.

I'm looking at Anji's gatling chart and it looks like you can't chain 2K > 3K.  3K starts on frame 19, so you're leaving a gap of 13 frames since you only have the advantage of +6.  2H does gatling to 3K, so you're not waiting for any active frames past the frame that connects, or any of the recovery frames.  You simply chain into the 3K, and since lvl 5 moves have 18 total frames of block stun (19 on hit, 20 on crouching hit), you'll catch someone that tries to jump out since jumps have 3-6 frames of startup.

That said, IB would reduce the blockstun by 4 frames and may allow some characters with 3f jumps to escape with FD-jump (1-frame jump if you go by the old inaccurate name).  However, characters like Pot with 6f jumps can't escape there since they won't have left the ground, and in that instance an attempt to jump means they're not blocking low, so the 3K will connect.

In order for it to stay +5 while be attack level becomes lvl 4, the active frames of the move or recovery have to altered too, so you need to take that into consideration. It's not only the attack level of a move that comes into play when determining static difference (frame advantage)

Attack level will tell you basic properties of the move.  This includes:

Hitstun

Guardstun

Differences when IB and FD

Differences when airborne

Hitstop

Tension gain for normals

GB (RISC) + on block and - on hit for normals

A few normals are exceptions and have nonstandard values.

Most special moves break away from this convention in some way.  Tension gain is a good example since they usually gain some tension just for using them, and then additional tension on hit, whereas normals only get meter on hit.

Theres 4 5 layouts to choose from, I don't remember them from the top of my head though.

The original layout is

KSH
P-D

Out of interest, does anyone know how jump installing works?

I know what it does and how to do it, but I want to know the engine intricacies behind it.

As of Guilty Gear X it was a glitch, that's about all I know.

It probably has something to do with how the game's "internal rules" set the number of times you're allowed to jump.

For example, in Accent Core Plus R's Extra Menu, you can tack on an additional 2 Airdashes and 2 Jumps.

Jump Cancelling where you can't jump "stores the jump" so the game forgets that you haven't jumped yet technically.

I've only seen this happen mid-combo as if you don't jump at all, the game forgets about this error and things go as normal, meaning you can't store the jump indefinitely... just during one instance of the combo you're doing.

Only exceptions to these rules would probably be:

Chipp
Justice
Potemkin (can't airdash)
Millia (has additional airdashes, but in Xrd they still have to be jump cancelled to work)
Bedman (not sure how his would work)
I-No (has moves that auto-install a jump)

Depending on the situation, there have been instances where characters can jump cancel indefinitely or "float" with FD cancel.

Oh yeah and I should also mention that "Homing Jump" (after a Dust attack) is technically a state where you can do any number of jump cancels for so many frames.

Not sure where to ask this so here goes:

Any Atl players that are down to teach a super noob? Looking for offline games but online is acceptable if no other choice