Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caer-caveral

AC Testament - Gameplay and Q&A

No. Read the quote in my post. I tested it out, and damage varies with amount of health left.

Isn't that because poison is affected by guts ratings? Not defense ratings, but guts ratings

Maybe, but I can't be sure. My tests were a bit unscientific, but I didn't really find any noticeble difference at all between my test subjects, Chipp and Sol. If it's true though, that would mean about 8.5 damage per tick for base damage.

here's a question: how exactly should i use FB GD? i still look at the move with contempt. : (

If you've got the tension, (75% or higher) combos out of a cancelled FB GD are pretty efficient, especially if you have the opponent close enough to the wall and can get the wall bounce from FB GD. Obviously the possibilities are up to the player, but FB GD is the move I RC the most, and it usually works to my advantage.

Also, this takes some planning, but a Zeinest before FB GD against the wall can help, as the opponent will bounce right into the trap. Not sure if this can be looped (assuming you have enough tension), as I haven't tried it yet, but I don't see why not.

To be honest, if the opponent jumps and tries to hit nets the safest thing to do imo is jump back aerial slash. when the jS can cover the net ofcourse. 6K/6HS are so risky against some chars.

Badlands and GD can be linked well near the walls. 214P throws enemy to the wall and GD knocks him down. Then i do HS-beast to put him up and one more bdalands. Is there a better usage of it?

better,IMO. BL can trasform many random situation in demaging combos. the old school gravedigger loop was more simple than the BL one , but it required certain conditions to work properly ( eg. wall bounce; CH 6HS FRC;etc...).

He's definitely better but not only because of Badlands, but also because he's got HS EXE now. Imo Digger loop > BL Loop in terms of fun. GD your opponent form one side to the other Shonen style - priceless.

agree in everything you said. hs exe make testament s-tier imo: the frames it gives you on block are too useful for lockdown. hs exe plus crow= jesus's lockdown.

I'm having trouble with anti air, espeically vs iads. sol's jH seems to eat my 5P for breakfast a lot. 6K is annoying because if i do it too late he cuts right through, too early and i miss and get hit. baiken's iad jP also giving me headache. the other annoying thing is my webs keep getting annihilated by like everything in the air. also I'm aware jS is great air to air, but is there a prefered way to use it like 7S or 8S or 9S that generally is most useful? any tips?

depends on the situation but 7S is pretty universal. Also if it whiffs, don't forget that if you did the jS high enough you'll have time to JC the whiffed jS and try another one / web / something else. Don't forget to HIT CONFIRM it to air Badlands. It takes some time to get used to it, but it's worth it.

Antiair is always situational for Testament. 5P works very well when it does work, but you'll just have to try it against stuff to find out when to use it. For example, it will kill almost all of Ky's moves, but Chipp wins over it easily. 6K is good but may be a bit hard to use. It's all about getting a good sense for how your opponent moves. It's here that the net issue enters, as aireal nets may be easy to disarm, but they often require a a move to be used for that purpose exclusively, which means you are in a small way controlling your opponents movement. So the main goal here isn't really to keep them from being disarmed so much as to react well to when they are disarmed. And there is no single best way to use jS. It's all about spacing. If you want to get away, you use 7, if you want to advance, it's 9. If you just want to hold position, maybe after standing in a good spot in a well built fortress, it's just 8. And yes, that hitconfirm is very important.

If you want to get away, you use 7, if you want to advance, it's 9. If you just want to hold position, maybe after standing in a good spot in a well built fortress, it's just 8.

And yes, that hitconfirm is very important.

I have to disagree about that. 9S will lose most of the time since jS takes some time to be active and it increases your hitbox alot. So some air to air moves will beat it if you approach forward. The best thing about 7S is that you'll hit them with the tip of your scythe and that's why it works so well and because you're jumping backwards you're giving the jS more time to come out.

Actually the best point about jS is that it doesn't increase your hitbox that much, but anyway... I don't believe in there being such an easy answer as one direction being the best. It's always dependant on your own and the opponents position. In quite many matchups the last thing you want to do is to retreat. I do agree however that of the possible choices, 9 would indeed be the one least used. So if we're only talking which one will probably be used the most, it may very well be correct. Still a pretty moot point though.

Wassup people, I've been a bit rusty in my badland loop practice and have been tryin to wrap my brain around the tk badland insertion. Am I pressing p between 4 and 7 or after 7. full motion 2147+p?

Press P after 7. If you want to see if you did your tk BL well, look at your dmg. On Sol, BL does 50 and tkBL does 46

Ok, in the mist of doin that I should be seeing some shadows behind him too right because it feels like I'm doin a quick jump. It seems like a very fast move to input.

If you're doing it the absolute best, you shouldn't see a shadow, but if you listen close, you can hear the jump. It isn't always such a big deal if you see a shadow, but some combos require that you do it without shadow. Just look at the damage like rapeurtugais said.

Wow, it's been a long time I played AC. Just got back into it because I found a group of people to play with. Anyways here's my question. When you do grab, 6k, TK BL, TK BL and then dash in 5K/6K, HS. I can't seem to do the dash in to make my move hit. Any pointers when I should start the dash or anything. The only one I can do actually do grab combos with is Potemkin and Anji since it's so easy. 2nd Question: I need help timing the FRC on my EXE Beasts. I've been trying for a few weeks and can't get constitent with S EXE but HS EXE Beast FRC never comes out now. 3rd Question: This is just a theoretical talk. Why do most people see BL loops broken. HS EXE beast is the real broken move. Invincebility frame, pick up from the ground and leading into more damage poison/curse. The only real damage BL loops have is from grab and simple extra 50 damage. The one-hit BL is where it's all at IMO, leads to many open potential. If I got any more questions, I'll post. It feels good to be back after a while.

1st question: first of all, you can't TK the BL after 6k since 6k is not jc-able. So first BL in that combo, and the one after 5h are just regular BL. Now on to the real question. All I can tell you is dash as soon as possible, and then do 6k/5k/2s as soon as you dash. If you've successfully TKed your BL, you should have time. I know you're probably already trying to do this, but just keep practicing and you'll get it. There's no real trick to the timing other than what I've said. 2nd question: Again, can't offer much more help other than just turn on input display in training mode. If you're getting it in training but not in matches, make sure you're practicing it by itself, and after 6k, far S, 2h, 2d, whatever moves you would cancel into it. The timing will feel different because of buffering and stuff. Besides this, I just look at Testament if I'm screwing it up sometimes. I forget exactly when the FRC is on his animation, but I think it's like right when he bows his head down. 3rd question: I think most good players realize forward exe is the real broken move in Testament's arsenal, but for noobs, if they see a move you can repeat over and over again, it looks really simple and dumb to them and they think it's cheap. It is kind of ridiculous on light-weight characters and Pot though. And finally, of course it feels good to be back. It's guilty gear.