Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Stormlocke

[GGAC] Robo-Ky Matchups!

you should not think of Sol taking big risk and on the contrary, what if you fight a Sol who knows how to play it safe? then wil that work? i mean if he does things you can see, then yea go for 6P or watever... some stuff you would just prefer to do the watching game and counter accordingly :x if you IB f.S and backdash shouldn't you be able to recover before bandit bringer even hits you?

Nope! its happened countless times and i keep trying to not backdash after i IB the f.S but i dont think about it sometimes. and yeah, i wholeheartedly believe in the being patient game, thats how i feel RO should be played, its not my fault that the Sol player has a tendency to choose the right random mixup at the right time... he is good, i mean he hits his combos and hits them hard, it just he fishes for that random ch a little too much..

Nope! its happened countless times and i keep trying to not backdash after i IB the f.S but i dont think about it sometimes.

and yeah, i wholeheartedly believe in the being patient game, thats how i feel RO should be played, its not my fault that the Sol player has a tendency to choose the right random mixup at the right time... he is good, i mean he hits his combos and hits them hard, it just he fishes for that random ch a little too much..

hmm then i dunno i just know i Back dahs and i blocke dit before mayb ebecause i didn't block the f.S part :V..

Alright first of all, is a Sol is using bandit bringer in general in his pressure/mixup/highlow game or whatever, then that's kinda a problem. BB should basically never be used unless they're comboing off of an FRC'ed corner gunflame or something. That said, the Sol player I play against usually starts off with 5HS (and I'm pretty sure the only move robo has that beats/trades with it is his own 5hs) then immediately jumpcancels into an IAD toward me, following with j.HS as he lands. Even when you instant block the 5HS, you will still get hit by the j.HS if you backdash, which will lead to some minor damage but more importantly knowckdown on you. Supposing you decide to IB at the start of the round, be it f.S or 5HS, you've got a few options. 2D- Not advisable, as this probably gets punished as much as a backdash 2K- if you know your opponent is going to IAD pressure, use 2k to space yourself before he lands and then maybe 2D? Keep on blocking - if you have no idea what Sol is going to do next, you could always keep blocking trying to IB for tension in the process. It's safe, but you are admitting that Sol has control of the match at the start of it, allowing him to do pressure string(s) for free. jump straight up and block - This is my favorite, as it seems to be the most helpful in a blanket of scenarios. if Sol IAD towards you and does the standard j.HS while youre in the air, you have the option of IB'ing the first hit of j.HS and air throwing him before the second one. Also, if youre feeling rather brazen, just jump and do your j.HS right as he starts IADing, which should catch him off guard. I know these probably aren't going to apply to you Raph because the Sol in your area does a different pressure (with BB). In that case, just IB the far slash and then either 2k for distance or 2HS to blow him out of the air. If he's going to be using something as telegraphed as bandit bringer, just punish him for it :)

couldn't you just back dash the start of the round before any attacks can reach you? anyhow, if sol does BB i would just jump IB it land then throw him :V...so i can set up stuff :X

just blocking against sol right when the match starts is the best bet in my mind, his normals are good at the start of the round, just backdashing can get you grand viper'd, tho i should try just backdashing right when the match starts, i mean usually i got grand viper'd as faust, since his backdash takes a while, but ill just see with robo. Just no more backdashing after an ib because that BB is nasty... man, ib'ing bandt bringer just brings the rape really.

Strategy: 5hs is ridiculously effective versus her. It beats TK Badmoon attempts against you as you're waking up, tick throws, some discs, and also doubles as the throw button. Huzzah!

If a Millia player is getting beat by any of this, then that Millia player is just bad. It doesn't work and shouldn't work.

If a Millia player is getting beat by any of this, then that Millia player is just bad. It doesn't work and shouldn't work.

I don't really know what to say man. I play against good Millia players. Def1n1tely and even BakaBlitz every once and awhile here in SoCal. Does 5hs always clean up shop vs her? No, but it works more often that not. When you factor in how much damage she takes, it makes it even more worth it. You don't even have to FRC to hit her TK Badmoon: you get a counterhit, she starts floating, then you can run up and 5hs FRC into whatever for a majority of her life.

You can occasionally knock her out of Disc Summoning. If she does a pressure string ending in Slash Disc FRC, and runs up to throw or whatever, she's getting hit.

One thing Robo gets nailed by is Force Break Disc, since it hits multiple times, but that's easier to see coming.

If you'd like to detail why exactly, or how exactly it is not effective versus what I have listed, feel free. I've had a lot of success with it, if you'd like call the Millia players I play with 'bad' then, well...

I don't really know what to say man. I play against good Millia players. Def1n1tely and even BakaBlitz every once and awhile here in SoCal. Does 5hs always clean up shop vs her? No, but it works more often that not. When you factor in how much damage she takes, it makes it even more worth it. You don't even have to FRC to hit her TK Badmoon: you get a counterhit, she starts floating, then you can run up and 5hs FRC into whatever for a majority of her life.

You can occasionally knock her out of Disc Summoning. If she does a pressure string ending in Slash Disc FRC, and runs up to throw or whatever, she's getting hit.

One thing Robo gets nailed by is Force Break Disc, since it hits multiple times, but that's easier to see coming.

If you'd like to detail why exactly, or how exactly it is not effective versus what I have listed, feel free. I've had a lot of success with it, if you'd like call the Millia players I play with 'bad' then, well...

The 5HS does get Millia really good If you can do it on reaction to her roll, other than that, there's no way. TK Badmoon on wakeup, don't you have to completely stand up and then enter the command for the 5H and it has to startup? I know it comes out extremely fast, but against a well timed TK Badmoon on wakeup, it shouldn't work. As far as doing it after Slash disc FRC, either that Millia player is running up too close to you after the FRC, isn't dashing in fast enough, or isn't throwing out a normal from a safe distance. Yes sometimes it's able to be countered, because for a while I was getting wrecked for doing it because I really didn't know how to use it. I consider it really risky for other players to try and throw out a normal because Millia's 5S beats way too many normals. Her 6P will also beat Robo's 5H counter staggering him and then Millia will have her way with him. She also has the option to do IAD pin after the tandem top frc, so if you throw out a normal, you've been beaten again. There's just way too many possibilities to even bother trying to counter it. It's not worth it to get knockdown against her IMO, when she has you in the corner you're pretty much dead..... Horsie is a safe bet though, Doomscyther has done it to me a couple of times, but once again the 5S and 6P will beat the start up. The S disc frc can be done off any normal, whether it is blocked, or the opponent eats it, and I do it on both. It's too confusing to read.

You can probably get away with delaying your wakeup once, but if they repeatedly let you do it then they don't know wtf they're doing. You say you can see Force Break Disc coming, but it's damn near unblockable when Millia has 50 percent tension. I would go into detail, but I don't like sharing my secrets.

Robo-Ky has a dumb hit box and weight, so comboing him is a pain if you don't know character specific combos. So most of the time, you guys don't have to worry about being comboed into a corner. This also applies to her throw combo, it's really dumb. I've memorized 4 that work off a throw/midscreen/2corners, so if a Millia hasn't done their homework, the match will be really easy for you because she only really shines in the corner. Robo-Ky also has a ton of defense compared to Millia's very little. Two combos usually get the job done. One thing I know Robo-Ky players shouldn't do against her is Tigerknee Missiles, it's not going to work. She can roll under it, making it a waste of your tension. You also shouldn't try to instant block her combos when she's coming in on you from the air, she has two ADCs and can delay her hits at different times to make sure she isn't thrown/being predictable with it. If she also has her pin while doing it, that makes it even worse.

I know for a fact 5H will work wonders if you can do it on reaction to her roll. I don't think you said that there's any way at all for you guys to escape her H disc on wakeup, so I'll leave that alone. I also don't get why a Millia player would tigerknee Badmoon on wakeup other than a Robo player overheating, there are tons of better options that are much safer than that. Secret garden is even a better option at that point. (Millia does have to wait a few frames before summoning another disc after a secret garden or disc has already been done, so that could be one reason) Maybe 5H does work on tk badmoon, I'll have to get Doom to test it for me.

I think I have more to say, but if you need to know more just lmk. I'm also in no way calling the ppl you play bad, just saying that it shouldn't work %30 of the time.

-Edit btw, No, I had no idea what I was doing in those vids, now I know what I'm doing. :P

Robot 5H can work against midscreen Disc -> Bad Moon, or slower corner knockdowns -> overhead/haircar mixups. However, Millia can opt to block or backdash instead, and you're getting combo'ed. Also, since most of Millia's aircombos in AC should end with you in the corner and eating a very close to meaty Disc (unlike in Slash), 5H doesn't really become an option on wakeup anymore. The only time it's really feasible is at midscreen, but Millia shouldn't often be going for slow-ish oki at midscreen anyway, since she can't follow it up well. Btw Kurumster - the Iron Saviour FRC shenanigans you're alluding to are still just 50/50s, and in no way unblockable. Also, non-knockdown FB Disc is easily escapable on reaction via jump / FD jump, so if it is done anytime outside of a knockdown it's pretty easy to escape from.

can anyone five any general advice for order sol? I play against a pretty good one, and w/o any tension on my part, i find it hard to do any offense. A lot of hos' normals beat out robo's 5p. If i back off and try to lay mats, hos does his super fast charge. And since he has such a low jump, i find my antiair options limited under than uppercut.

IB, to get tension :V i dont really know since i dont fight OS alot..., you just got to look for the gap to either attack or jump or what not.

thx stormlocke for the update damn so many typos in my post i realized after the post that chojin wrote extensively on the matter on this thread, so my bad again thx for the help. far 5s is good, but distancing is important and i think it will still clash/trade w/ hos' 2s

Alright here's a doosey of a question, but how do you deal with that bitch ABA? I know the guide says 6-4 in ABA's favor, but obviously the match is winnable. My problem is that once she's in moroha mode, all of her normals are simply much better than RK's in range and "priority" in the sense that you basically have no options other than blocking continuous strings of long range guardbar-jacking moves. RK's High life doesn't matter when she still kills you in 2 combos flat. I've gotten used to IBing most attacks, but she can change it up by cancelling the second hit of 2HS with Rekka or Danzai (and yes the constant fear of Danzai makes it hard to ever go on the offensive). She jacks the guarbar up so high so quickly, that any hit she gets on you (or even a run up-ground throw) results in a good 1/3-1/2 of your life gone. Also, since you start the round at 0 bar, it is difficult to apply the pressure to make sure she cant change. Here is what I gathered so far: -Obviously spend more tension on Dead Angle's more than anything. -If you can bait a Danzai (FB or non) you can 5HS FRC right before it ends to CH her, in which case run up and command throw (most damaging knockdown) most likely, even if you arent't getting bar from it. -Sadly most of RK's damaging combos do not result in knockdown, so you basically have to sacrifice hyper damaging combos for lousy boring knockdowns. So basically you can't do any damaging combos because they don't result in knockdown, while playing on the defensive most of the time versus moroha aba's ridiculous rushdown, as well as not getting hit twice in a match because if you do you basically lost. Anyone else have any experience here?

You can f.S out i believe all her pokes and will result in counter knock down cause ABA players tend to dish out a normal before they are in ur range. 6P works well to but is 50/50 because ABA could jump in and rape. knee Rocket works well too but is 50/50 depending on if she jumps. Her unblockable attack (the one you have to jump and block), will get her CH so pray they do it.[5hs frc, and I believe a knee rocket should get a coutner hit if you IB the hit beforehand.] Steam frc is good specially level 3, though if non frc, you can atleast apply pressure on a lvl 3 steam. Pressure her before she goes into mohora mode, jsut gotta watch out for the key grab (grabs every frame......). I fought many ABA players, even Mohora mod so hope this advice works.

slight typo, not really a big deal but whatever "even safe to do a BLOCKED 2k, 2s, 2s vs Chipp's sweep." should be 2k, 2s, 2d im assuming

Ahh, yes thanks. Also if anybody has any experience playing against Venom, please chime in. We have zero Pool Players here SoCal. I'd like to get at least a little info up for each character.

I have fought 3 venom players that know there shyt but Ima hold off on any input till I get more matches in. PS Ima try and remember all the match up xp that I will get form nec for robo ky. Least ima write it down this time.

ok i gotta lil bit of data on playing order sols... i think robo wins this fight if both players are even.. when match first starts hitting S is a good opener. if u fighting an aggresive order sol....place mats and just block and u get to build meter at the same time... if you know after he does the charge cancel he attacks again you can do the horsie and totally stop any more attacks on his end. since order sol has a low jump doing cr HS is too risky....considering if u do hit him he might hit u as well and therefore he gets the counter hit and you slide into a corner. time it right. after order sol rockit not sure what all you can do but 6p you can do if you block it so he dont continue pressuring. i found out you can jump more on order sol than other characters cause of order sol anti air. but at the same time watch out for the RANDOM UPPERCUTS. what i use mostly when i jump on order sol is jump S. in this matchup i find it to work a lil better than jump HS. Tiger kneeing........cant talk about gotta master that art....but from watch vids it seems effective. jump canceling P is golden in this match...i usually JC P into S and faultless defense flicker just in case hes gonna do a random uppercut when im landing or something. all in all this should be an easy match up for robo ky....just play it smart and safe cause if u dont happen to get hit it could be like 40 percent health....

jump canceling P is golden in this match...i usually JC P into S and faultless defense flicker just in case hes gonna do a random uppercut when im landing or something.

What do you mean by this part? Are you talking about meeting hos air-to-air w/ j.p and then double jumping away? Or are you talking about jumping at hos w/ j.p while he's still on the ground?