Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Stormlocke

[GGAC] Robo-Ky Matchups!

Do note that wakeup bazooka is never safe against Sol as he can grand viper under it other than riot stamp. also 5p is not safe if sol has half tension gauge, he can execute tyrant rave if you use 5p too often.

Yeah, I know. That's why I was asking Chojin why he said only in the corner is it not safe against reversal riot stomp, even though a mashed out reversal GV will always be more damaging than a CH riot stomp in the corner (aka you fly backward, cannot be comboed)

Also, I still do bazooka all the time against Sol, in fact I do bazooka against everyone except Baiken. Why? Because your opponent must reversal GV/Riot/VV in order to beat your meaty oki. The Risk vs. Reward is generally not good enough in Sol's favor to try to reversal when he's got a big fuggin missile ready to combo him if he screws up.

EDIT: And yes, 2HS is nothing near as good as 5k. 2HS is only good as a prediction anti air, and even then the angle of it won't always hit your opponent. 5k is fastest normal in the game, great anti air, and leads to CL sidewinder comboes (even on a non-CH). 2HS is only comboable when the opponent is basically on the ground.

LVL 3 Bazooka can be used to counter bait baiken and from a distance.

Yes. I am quite fond of spacing the bazooka and then punishing her Bellyflop with Level 3 missiles. This obviously won't work consistently after the first time, but once you've done it enough it is usually intimidating enough to keep them grounded. Then you can run in, anticipate /block/punish a potential counter.

Also, we should be getting a character matchup subforum soon! (See the Axl forum for an example) This thread is going to be chopped up and distributed among the many character sections. Should make finding character specific info much easier.

I'm throwing up the character sections in subforum now. If you guys don't mind, could you copy and paste any info you found here that was useful and post it in the respective character thread? I will be doing the same, but the more people working on it the better it will be. (Hopefully).