Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eclipse

[CS1] Hazama Combo Thread

This is actually helpful if you get them with j.5d pretty high in the air:

j.5d-d, j.214b, RC, 44, 4d-d, 5b, 2c, 4d-a, 4d-d, #214b

What's the damage on that combo? Just curious. It'll definitely be good if you're going for the kill.

Also, everyone has me confused here. How does 4D~D combo into 5B, and 2C? Do you mean j.B and j.2C? Or was the 4D~D meant to be a 4D~A?

Also, from now on out... All questions from the combo thread shouldn't be answered... Just ask them in the gameplay discussion thread if you want an answer guys. Pretty self-explanatory, thanks.

would it be better to do

j.214b > RC > 4d~D > 5c > 2c > 4d~a >4d~d > j.214b# ?

and j.5d~d > j.b/j.c > dj.cx5 > rc > 4d~d ... would that work or not due to untech

Somebody help me out, please. I have a couple of doubts about some of his combos. I have to use my DS3 to play BBCS, that might be the problem as I'm used to playing with arcade sticks. Anyway, here it goes:

1- When exactly can I do [...] 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D [...]? Is that character specific or something?

2- How do I get stuff like (66)3C, 2B and 5C (on large characters) to hit after Jakou? I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the opponent's height in the moment you swing them down to the ground... what's the timing / spacing then?

Sorry if those questions were already answered (probably were), but there are too many pages to go through... D=

1. It depends on how far in the combo you are. Relaunch combos like 3c, 214d-c, 5c, j.cx5, land 2c, 4d-d, #214b will only connect if the 4d is on the 12th hit or lower (sometimes 13, I think it's character specific). Anything higher will blue beat.

2. You're right about that, the higher the Jakou connects, the more time you have to follow it up. The timing on the follow up should always be a buffered dash as the animation for Jakou is ending, regardless of how high you catch them.

Fireryda: I'm not sure, what is the proration like on 5c vs. 5b?

Wait, you said buffering the dash during the ending animation for Jakou? It's not dash cancelable. Just mashing 66 during the chain retraction period never seems to work for me. I buffer mizuchi rekkazan a lot during Jakou, but the dash I time for when the chain just finishes coming back.

What I mean is pressing forward once as the animation is about to end, and again when it actually ends. It helps the dash be more "exact" I suppose. Another example is buffering a dash after RC by going forward, RC, forward. So the dash is almost immediately when you RC, making the follow-up slightly faster and precise.

Sorry for the double posting of Combo x.x, lol anyways. Here's one to try out

(Corner)5B > 3C > 214D~C > 5A > 5C > (slight delay for higher height)2147B > [2B > 5C(1) > 2C > (slight delay)2147B](loopable?)

Sounds good. how many loops can you get off that? doesn't look like it'll be much. and can you bypass the 5a alltogether?

I just tried this and I couldn't get the second loop off because of the push back from 2b, 5c, 2c. However 2b, 5c, 2147b connects and you can barely link Jayoku. The damage isn't too solid because of the proration, but it's definitely a show-off combo if you want to humiliate your opponent. XD

There's actually a Tager specific combo that you continuously loop TK j.214B over and over. Even though the proration's low, if Tager's stuck in the corner, you can get up to 3700 damage. I wonder if you could pull off a similar or slightly shorter combo on the rest of the cast. Stuff like that's usually for show, but it's interesting nonetheles.

well thats what the 2b is for. relaunching them, the corner is to keep them close I guess since the 5c and 2c push them back a bit.

I've been testing the following combo ( shown most recently in the newest combo video ) and can confirm that it works on Tager, Arakune, Hakuman, and Rachel.

5b > 3c > 214d ~ c > 2c > 6a ~ a > 4d > 623d > j.6d > 2c > 4d ~ a > 4d ~ d > j.c X 5 > dj.c X 5 > j.214d

However, I think its possible to land this combo on some other characters as well. If you start the combo at the tip of Hazama's 5B, or 3C, you will be able to connect the 6D after you launch them. I can get the combo up to the point where you have to jump and connect 6D.

However, I believe me being unable to connect the j.6d is just me having problems with this link, so its possible this works on more characters.

The combos on the 1st page are up kept up to date, and the ~ means that you press the button that follows and generally refers to 2 part moves.

For example, if you see:

2c > 4d ~ a > 4d ~ d

That would tell you that after 2c, you connect a 4d, then press a to cancel the chain, then connect another 4d and press d to swing to the enemy to finish the combo.

Also, from now on out... All questions from the combo thread shouldn't be answered... Just ask them in the gameplay discussion thread if you want an answer guys. Pretty self-explanatory, thanks.

c'mon people, pretty please~~~~ :\

If you want a rule like that to be followed, it needs to be where people can see it. I skimmed thru the 1st 10 pages and didn't see that posted anywhere. I recommend that any important disclaimers such as that be placed at the bottom of the initial post to avoid incidents like this in the future.

If you want a rule like that to be followed, it needs to be where people can see it. I skimmed thru the 1st 10 pages and didn't see that posted anywhere. I recommend that any important disclaimers such as that be placed at the bottom of the initial post to avoid incidents like this in the future.

Fair enough, I'll add it to the first post so people won't make the same mistake. Thanks for notifying me about that J-Man. And if we can find a way to get that 6D~A > 4D~A > 623D combo to work on everyone, it'd be amazing. Haha, 4000 damage off of 5B, hello nerf... Then again, some of the other characters are even less forgiving.

Is it safe to say his astral can be linked after 3C anywhere, or does it have to have to be relatively close?

I'd check this myself, but I'm at work, plus I can never remember the input for his astral. Next thing I have to work on is astral combos >_<

Well, from what I've heard and tested a few times, you need to be close after 3C in order for his Astral to connect. It's funny, Hazama's Astral is the only one I can remember. Could never remember Arakunes back in CT. Such a long input.

*Off topic*

Lol arakune's Astral, what i did is 720 XD

*Back to topic*

Astral can be linked in other ways

623C > 5B > 3C > Astral

5B > 3C > 214D~C > 66,5C > 2C > 4D > Astral

-sorry if already posted, im lazy reading the 1st page x.x-

Yeah, there's a section for Astral Finish combos on the first page. And those ones were included, no big deal though. And Arakune 720? Does that actually work? Haha... Or is that his new Astral input in CS?