Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eclipse

[CS1] Hazama Combo Thread

I've noticed from the success in videos I've seen. You need to jump forward as well. To be honest, don't feel too bad about not getting it consistently. As of now, no one has completely mastered it on a professional level.

can you link me to a video involving that combo?

To answer your Q Eclipse, to me, its a lot harder than any of his other combos. Without some serious practice, its almost possible to pull it off consistently. There are pretty much two trouble spots, timing the j.9d and everybody's favorite j.6d after the 623d. It also seems to be much harder on some characters than others. ( I find Ragna is surprisingly more difficult than somebody like Tsubaki... might just be me tho. )

Hmm, you're sure it's possible one everyone but Carl though. Any video would be helpful as provided evidence. I've only seen it done on Arakune, Taokaka, Tager, Hakumen, and Rachel. And I didn't think combos like that were possible on other characters, here's the video I think's worth noting fohstick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgfTWPmbtHY

5:43-6:42 ~ It shows an assortment of 623D to j.6D-D combos on the characters I've mentioned above. I have feeling this may be patched in the first balance update. I believe so for two reasons:

1. No challenge mode combos involve any 623D > j.6D~D.

2. In the early loketest for Hazama the timing was much less strick, it was even easy to go from Jakou to j.6D~D. It was quickly changed, and now the timing is extremely strict. I think they meant to eliminate it completely. But that's just a guess.

I don't have any way of recording video so sadly I can't post it. I'm not completly sure it works on everybody, but I'm 100% sure ( due to having tested it ) that it works on Tsubaki, Taokaka, Noel, Rachel, Hakuman, Tager, and Arkune.

I'm fairly sure I've also done it on Ragna and Jin as well, but since I'm not 100% sure I'll go ahead and retest them. Its pretty annoying to test for me atm, but I'll go ahead and try it on everybody to find out for certain. ( Might take me a while as while I can do it somewhat consistently, I can't do it as consistently as I wish. )

Yeah I can NEVER get the j.6D to land in time. Takes a lot of practice. I almost don't want to bother because with any amount of lag that combo = unpossible'D >_<

Haha, yeah, I've been thinking about the lag issue as well. But that's only if you're online. In local tournaments or in casuals with my friends, it'd be great to pull off. I'll be posting it later tonight with the confirmed characters it works on. Chances are it works on everybody though. Maybe bar Carl, but I can even see it working on him.

Haha, yeah, I've been thinking about the lag issue as well. But that's only if you're online. In local tournaments or in casuals with my friends, it'd be great to pull off. I'll be posting it later tonight with the confirmed characters it works on. Chances are it works on everybody though. Maybe bar Carl, but I can even see it working on him.

Yeah, a lot of Hazama's combos seem character specific at first, but I'm almost willing to bet that with a little experimenting if you can get it to work on any one character it'll work on them all. (save maybe Tager)

it will work on a good amount of characters on fatal counter only, except for the characters Rachel, Arakune, Tager, Hakumen, Tao who can get hit by those combos outside of fatal counter.

After a couple of training mode sessions I've managed to get the 7911 combo off semi-consistently. However, messing it up is BAAAAD (especially off of j.9d, which would seem more likely) since your opponent gets to run away for free, so I'd prefer just doing more orthodox combos to maintain control. Pretty cool combo, though.

Tsubaki does not need to be hit by a fatal counter.

For an example of Tsubaki, refer to 2:06 in the following video.

http://zoome.jp/sculpture/diary/26/

So far my testing has only gotten the guys Kid listed + Tsubaki. Sorry for the confusion earlier, those fatal's tricked me into thinking it worked on everybody... :psyduck:

Sorry if this is a noob question, but I seem to have trouble connecting 5C after dashing in in for example this combo:

5B > 3C > 214D~C > (Dash) 5C > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

I can do it fine without the dash, so was also wondering a bit why the dash is there (character specific or situational if only the tip of 214D~C hits ?). Some people substitute 5C for 5B, what's the exact reason for this ?

Challenge 6 is the combo I'm trying to do. Whenever I try it, either Bang techs before the 5C connects or I get 6C. Anyone have any tips on when to start the dash or is there some special trick to it ? Is is because of spacing when you do 214D~C ? I can sometimes get it to connect but nowhere near consistent. I must say I don't have the best execution skills in the world ;)

Yeah, the dash in is situational. You do it if Devouring Fang (ohoho, English terms. 214D~C) doesn't launch your opponent right in your face.

5B can be substituted for 5C. Personally, I think this makes the launcher into the C mash stabler, but I could be wrong.

5C has better damage and proration in the long run though. Once you master it, I'd say it's worth it. Usually you won't have to do the Dash 5C in regular BnB's. But for that combo challenge, if you need to dash. I recommend tapping right quickly then letting go and pressing C. If that doesn't work for you, try 664. in other words, right, right, left and C at the same time. This should make execution a bit easier for beginners, and you can hopefully get past that combo challenge. Can't wait to take a run at those myself.

While we're on the topic, I have a question for you my friend. For the combo challenges, I heard some missions have more than one combo? If you complete one and can't complete the second. Will it save your progress so you don't have to complete the missions from scratch next time? Or do you have to do all of them in a row?

While we're on the topic, I have a question for you my friend. For the combo challenges, I heard some missions have more than one combo? If you complete one and can't complete the second. Will it save your progress so you don't have to complete the missions from scratch next time? Or do you have to do all of them in a row?

Thanks for your answer (and Arifureta's). Well as far as i know you can only start the multiple challenge missions over from the beginning :(. I noticed all 1 - 5 are multiple challenge missions, all 6 - 10 are single challenge missions. Mission 1 is always just executing specials, Mission 2 is distortion drives and astral.

I managed to do mission 6 now btw. My little trick is to wait for hazama to finish talking after the 214D~C then immediately tapping dash, neutral, C. I don't know if it's actually a valid trick but that kinda works for getting my timing right. I'm much better in doing it from the right side of the screen, than the left.

So currently I have missions 1 - 8 finished for Hazama.

Nice, whatever works for you nstalkie. And missiong 1-2 are specials, distortion drives, and astral. 6-10 are combos. What exactly are 3-5? Multiple combos? Are they much easier, if so?

Ah, well, I'd still do them normally. I think it'd be dumb if they allowed you to use beginner mode in challenge mode. Kind of defeats the purpose, but at least the later challenges don't have that enabled.

Ah, well, I'd still do them normally. I think it'd be dumb if they allowed you to use beginner mode in challenge mode. Kind of defeats the purpose, but at least the later challenges don't have that enabled.

Oh, not Beginner mode. I meant that the combos were easy as hell.

5B > 3C > 214D~C > (Dash) 5C > 2C > 4D~A x2 > 4D~D > j.214B#

Tested and it works on everybody. Delay the 5c and hit them right before they can tech.

Damage is ~3600 with C and ~3300 with B

Ah, so you mean the 5C after 214D~C is delayed till the last second. I'll add it in the combo thread later today. Nice to know we can enhance a previous BnB. I might list it separately since most people won't be able to do it consistently.

Something I'm fiddling with vs. Tager:

jayoku FC, 6d-a x 3, 623d, 665c, jayoku, (early) 214d~~c, 5c, 4d-a, 4d-d, #j.214b

Haven't fully tested it yet since I'm at work, but the early 214~~c is to keep Tager just high enough for the 4-d to stick without using 2c and ruining the proration. Would keeping 5c, 2c still be better damage wise?

Not entirely sure if the 665C would hit outside of corner. Then again it's Tager, I might be completely wrong.

I believe without 2C, the combo would result in higher damage by keeping the proration high, then again, it's 5C's mid-combo proration, not the starting one. And replacing 3C with 5C is definitely a good idea. It should still work if Tager's not in the corner, but Jakou and the 6D~A x 3 would need to be positioned correctly.