Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eclipse

[CS1] Hazama Combo Thread

Yeah, we don't need to talk about Bang, haha. I have faith in the balance patch anyways. Hazama's 5A still helps a lot.

Yeah, technically it's only 100 heat. It really depends on how you look at it to be honest. Since it's technically impossible to have 150 heat, though the combo does take 150 heat.

Back from the dead, I come for some Continuum Shift madness.

Midscreen 5D~D, j.2C, (land) 3C, Astral red combos for 4 hits. You don't need to whiff the j.2C.

Tested on Ragna. You just have to be fast. At the screen freeze, if Ragna's (or anyone else's I guess) face is in the dirt, you've missed.

In trying to learn Hazama I have run into an issue with one of his BnBs. Specifically 5B > 3C > 214D~C > (Dash) 5C > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

The issue being that when I get to the first 4D~A, at times it seems I am too close and it will hit the opponent then immediately retract, allowing them to tech instantly.

This primarily occurs against Jin. Does 4D need to travel a certain distance in order to cause enough hitstun? Is it possible I am hitting A too fast (I have tried delaying it, and it doesn't seem to help).

Apologies if this has been discussed, searching for the answer to such a specific question didn't help.

That BnB is universal so there shouldn't be any problems with anybody. Is your first 4D latching onto your opponent (i.e. a clean hit)? You've got all the time in the world to retract that chain so you shouldn't even be rushing it.

Hazama's drive deals different stun time intervals according to how far the hit was. The further you are the longer the opponent will remain stun.

I tried that combo out earlier and I got the same problem, then I tried again and it worked fine. The thing is that you need to give the first chain as much distance as you can and then shoot the second one pretty fast. I don't even do this anymore, even if the j.214B# is harder to do I can still manage with just one shot of the snake.

In trying to learn Hazama I have run into an issue with one of his BnBs. Specifically 5B > 3C > 214D~C > (Dash) 5C > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

The issue being that when I get to the first 4D~A, at times it seems I am too close and it will hit the opponent then immediately retract, allowing them to tech instantly.

This primarily occurs against Jin. Does 4D need to travel a certain distance in order to cause enough hitstun? Is it possible I am hitting A too fast (I have tried delaying it, and it doesn't seem to help).

Apologies if this has been discussed, searching for the answer to such a specific question didn't help.

When I first started doing this one, I put a bit of a delay between 2C and 4D-A. It lets them travel just a bit higher so when 4D hits, you'll know it will have the added hit stun you need to carry the combo. Might help.

Thanks for the replies guys, it's good to know there is a direct correlation between the distance of the chain and how much stun it does.

And yes Arifureta, the chain was hitting clean, just extremely close, which was why it confused me.

Are you doing 5C with two hits? That might be the case. Then again, that probably doesn't matter for this combo.

I don't think doing (DASH)5C > 2C will do non-locked chain even if its quite close.

If you're hitting 5c(2) > 2c > 4d~a it won't ever do non-locked.

If you cancel into do 5c > 2c > 4d~a really fast at the maximum delay and cancel the 5c and 2c pretty much instantly you might do non-locked chains. So far I've only gotten it on Jin, Haz, Lambda and Tager though.

Does anybody else have trouble with the (dash) after 214D~C ? Whenever I do it I seem to do it too slow. Any advice?

I think they already stated this... It's 214D~C 6 > 6 5C.... You gotta start the first 6 while 214D~C is finishing, but I don't blame you. I still got trouble with it.

I only did it in challenge mode and I'm not ever doing it again D: Until I actually get it down.

Okay... I think I've found out a new combo, or at least the beginning of one. It is possible to do 236236B > backdash > 5D~D > j2C (while they're still in the air REALLY close to the ground) > 5C > etc.

I'm pretty sure I managed to do 236236B > 5D~D > j2C > 5C > JC > jC x5 > 2C > 4D~D > j214B#. Damage is quite good and it builds some meter. But I believe it can have o lot more potential than that.

If someone's willing to play around with it... :eng101:

I'll play around with that PhoenixBR since I'm in the mood for some more flashy combos. I noticed once that I did 236236B > 5D~A > 6D~A > 6D~A > 623D > corner combo, it looked pretty awesome and even took me by surprise.

I'll play around with that PhoenixBR since I'm in the mood for some more flashy combos. I noticed once that I did 236236B > 5D~A > 6D~A > 6D~A > 623D > corner combo, it looked pretty awesome and even took me by surprise.

Yeah, the same happened to me. But once they were so close to the ground that I thought "wtf, what if I close in?". To my surprise, j2C actually hit them and I thought I should share it with you guys.