Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eclipse

[CS1] Hazama Combo Thread

not sure if this is said anywhere, but but for a throw combo on jin and litchi, you can

B+C, 6D~A, 66D~A, 623D

really tight link, but it's damage if you can perfect it

edit: works on hazama too

Does the 66 mean like a dash or something? Because that's a very basic combo, otherwise.

Heck, it is one of the challenge combos, except with an added 632146C at the end...

Does the 66 mean like a dash or something? Because that's a very basic combo, otherwise.

Heck, it is one of the challenge combos, except with an added 632146C at the end...

yes 66 is dash...why would I bother with a combo on the front page and one in the challenge mode

Then I might try it out, but does it really make a difference?

yes, otherwise the combo's impossible on these characters

Oh yeah, true that. I forgot this combo doesn't work on everybody.

But you were right. It is still very tight to do... even though it is doable.

Once again ive run into trouble. Big surprise.

BC, 6D~A, 623D, 66, 3C, Houtenjin.

Ive dropped the second 6D~A for practice because it doesn't work on some characters and the spacing between the one i do and 623D actually gives me a better spacing, i think. But now for whatever reason im having trouble getting Houtenjin off / to connect after 3C, I pose the question guys what am I doing wrong? I can't post vids for critique or I would. Any advice that isn't "it doesnt' work on them" is helpful becuase i get it to connect occasionally. so i know its possible. I just have no clue what im doing wrong or where my going wrong starts.

[quick edit]

Crap i just realized my problem is far more prevelant when im on the left... well i guess that solves that. Anyone else running into this issue as well then? If so what did you do to fix it?

For clairty i dont do obvious mistakes like 236C or D, its seriously looking like an input problem but i dont know a way of doing it faster than i am.

For the record, the 3C > Houtenjin link is far easier to connect if you use the 2nd 6D before Jakou. Also, for the smaller characters, 6D~A > 66 > 6D~A > 623D works.

The thing with 3c, jayoku is after your 623+d, try to think of the dash and 3c as two seperate movements. I know that sounds really, really obvious, but it helps me to reset the stick back to neutral after 66, which gets your 3c timing faster, and allows for crisper jayoku motion. Just a tip.

Also, I guess if your playing in a tournament or something and your not completely confident in your ability to hit 3c jayoku, depending on the situation you could always rapid cancel the 623d, then j.6d-d combo, damage is actually not bad. Not something i would really recommend, since you lose the threat and fear factor of laser kick.

Waaay easier to connect this the higher they are when you throw them.

Also, if you're finding it easier to do it on the left side of the screen as opposed to the other, then execution is probably also a barrier.

I can't thank you guys enough for the assistance, that whole insert dash here thing has blown my mind.

And Ari, it was an execution problem, i was doing Houtenjin far FAR to fast and it wound up being like 23628268 or something. Way to excited, Took me a few hours but I've chocked it back to a useable speed. And as thanks for this guys i come bearing gifts. More specifically Tested against carl combos. All three are good to use and work. Spent a few hours dicking around with that insert dash idea and remembering i sucked at hitting carl with Jayoku... the results are as follows.

I am uncertian if the (~) notationis correct but its essentially what i understand to mean "wait for 2nd stage attack"

66, 5B, 3C, 214D~A, 236236B, 214D~(~)C, 5C, 2C, 4D~D, j.214B# 4100+

crossup j2C, 3C, 214D~A, 236236B, 214D~(~)C, 5C, 2C, 4D~D, j.214B# 3382~

BC, 6D~A, 6623D, 66, 3C, 236236B, (adjust) 214D~C, 5C, 2C, 4D~D, j.214B# 4885

Oops. Had aproblem with combo two, its fixed now.

And the other is fixed... 66B confusion to 66, 5B.

66B as in 6B or dash 5B?

3C > 236236B is better than 214D~A > 236236B anyways. Seems to have plenty of hit-confirm time too.. Timing for 214D~A > 236236B is tight... Can't say I approve of these.

and the 3rd one is just a variation with an ender of a previously posted combo.

Like what you're getting with this though.

Yeah i gotta agree the 3C, 236236B is a lot easier in transition for extremely similar damage.

I suppose a lot of Hazama combos are going to be very similar in build. An interesting fact on the 214D~A Houtenjin combo is that the aireal end of that combo is MASSIVELY unstable (i didn't realize this till just before editing my previous post) and I believe its due to the placement of the D hits toward the end being awkward. Ive also been expiermenting with really strange Rapic Cancel combos but I know better than to post combos that require half bar for less damage than my previousl posted combos.

Depends.. Sometimes less damage is better for positioning (i.e jakou bnb's to throw them into corner)

The aerial should be the same. 3c > 214d~a causes them to bounce upwards close to you. So when you hit them with Jayoku they're pretty airborne and it launches them at a wierd angle.. sometimes. :s Once you get used to the placement it's pretty much the same though.

I am actually having a similar issue with some of the combos that require a dash 3c to 236236B. The trouble I have is the laser kick whiffing regardless. Is there a way around this or is it better to just not waste super if you think they are just out of reach? Sorry if this is wrong place for a question but it seems on current topic. Oh and I forgot to say I have this trouble with shorter characters, but It amazes me when I whiff on jin,

If your getting houtenjin out the problem is in the length of your dash before the 3C connects. thats what sets up your distance. And bro im right there with you on this problem, my hand is actually cramping up right now from the five hours yesterday of this and the two ive put in today so far. No real results for me either, im considering seeking serious help becuase dude im whiffing the houtenjin input for some reason when everywhere else i can do it flawlessly.

Ok guys last post before I start my weekend stuff.

I foundout today that doing 623D, 66, 3C, 236236B is how the combo is notated. Now ive done it using 720B for houtenjin etc: believeing the entire time that the 3 in the rotation was necessary. Houtenjin can be done however negating the 3 entirely as a 2626B motion. Why does this matter? It makes this eaiser for left sided stuff. righty im still so smoothe it doesnt' matter but for us having left side issues dont think of houtenjin as a smooteh motion think of it as a jerky afterthought of 3C sounds about as scrub as you can get but its upped my percentage of getting this combo off by a dramatic number. HA finally seven hours later....

Under Drive Starter Combos I saw:

j.D~D > j.B > (JC) j.C > (JC) [j.C x 5] > j.214B

Two jump cancel's? Is that combo even legit?

If not then this is the combo I've been doing from a j.5D.

j.5D~C, j.Cx1, (JC), j.Cx5, 214B = 1714 dmg

There are probably better combos after a j.5D out there, so feel free to enlighten me if that's the case :eng101:

I am actually having a similar issue with some of the combos that require a dash 3c to 236236B. The trouble I have is the laser kick whiffing regardless. Is there a way around this or is it better to just not waste super if you think they are just out of reach? Sorry if this is wrong place for a question but it seems on current topic. Oh and I forgot to say I have this trouble with shorter characters, but It amazes me when I whiff on jin,

For characters with smaller hitboxes, you really want to get them as high as possible before using Jakou. For larger characters (like Tager) you can get away with it more, but you really need to take advantage of those little hops in the air after ~A chain followup and hit with Jakou as high as you can. This'll make it easier to connect Houtenjin after dash-in 3C.

Under Drive Starter Combos I saw:

j.D~D > j.B > (JC) j.C > (JC) [j.C x 5] > j.214B

Two jump cancel's? Is that combo even legit?

If not then this is the combo I've been doing from a j.5D.

j.5D~C, j.Cx1, (JC), j.Cx5, 214B = 1714 dmg

There are probably better combos after a j.5D out there, so feel free to enlighten me if that's the case

Yeah, that first combo must have been written wrong, because unless you are Tao, you can jump cancel twice in the air.

When you are high in the air, the best combo I've found is jD~D > jB > djCx5 > dj214B

However, if you are close to the ground, you can go jD~D > jB > djCx5 > [land] 2C > 4D~D > jCx5 > djCx5 > dj214B

When you are high in the air, the best combo I've found is jD~D > jB > djCx5 > dj214B

Ah thanks :keke:

I think my variant deals a bit more damage though (and I find it much easier to do and time).

Can't compare the two in training atm so I'm not exactly sure what the heat & dmg difference is between the two, so I'm going by the frame data.

However, if you are close to the ground, you can go jD~D > jB > djCx5 > [land] 2C > 4D~D > jCx5 > djCx5 > dj214B

Yeah, I noticed that both 5C and 3C can hit them if they're close to the ground, but I didn't try out any follow-ups, gonna try that combo out and maybe experiment some more.

I think using jC is technically better than jB, but I like using jB more because it feels like there's less margin for error, especially with jump cancels.

i dont know if it has been mentioned yet, but what are you suppose to do after you hitstun an opponent with 2D~D?

2D~D > j.B > j.C > JC > [j.C x 5] > j.214B doesn't seem to connect

'm pretty late to the party, but I've picked up Hazama some time ago. Honestly, if you get a random 2D~D, just hope they're high enough in the air to chain to. The only follow up that could make the most sense to me would be jB>jCx?> JC > jCx5> j214B.

I'll also post some pretty coo' combos in here when I get the chance.

My first combo ever deigned and tweaked up on. Have fun.

Tager and Rachel specific. 50% heat.

5B>3C>66> 5C >2C>j.214B > 236236B> (adjust) > 4D~A> 4D~A> 4D~A > 623D > j6D~D>5C>2C > 4D~D > jC x5 >JC > jC x5 > j214B

5115 Damage.

on crouch hit mid-screen

[5d~a]x2 > 5D~D > j.2c > 3c > 214d~c > 5c > 2c > 4d~d > j.214b#. - 2664

CH

5d~a > dash > [5d~a] x3 > 5d~d > ...

Corner

[5d~a]x3 > 5d~d > ...

CH

5D~A > dash > [5D~A]x3 > 5D~D > j.b(whiff) > 5b > 3c > 214d~c > 5c > 2c > 4d~d > j.214b# - 2917

5D~A > dash > [5D~A]x3 > 5D~D > j.b(whiff) > 5b > 3c > 214d~c > (delay)5c > 2c > 4d~a > 4d~d > j.214b# - 3190 with charged 214d~c else 2980 and j.214b will whiff.

I don't know if it has been found out, but when I was practicing character specific combos on Rachel, I've managed to do 5C > 4D~A x2 > 4D~D > j214B# after j6D~D connected. Timing is actually pretty easy and it does a little bit more damage than the 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j214B# variation.