Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eclipse

[CS1] Hazama Combo Thread

Question. If I hit someone in the air with j.5D or 6D, what are something I can follow up with? I apologize if this has been discussed before, and if it has, a link to the related post(s) would be awesomesauce.

EDIT: Wait... Should this have gone in the FAQ thread? If so, could a mod move it to the correct place please?

6D can be followed up with jB > djCxN > dj214B

It's the same with j5D unless it was used after a double jump, in which case all you can really do is jB > j214B

Also, if they are close enough to the ground, you can do jB > djCxN > (land) 2C > 4D~D > jCxN > djCxN > dj214B

NOTE: In some cases, the timing of the jump from jB > djCxN can be tricky as you still have the forward momentum from the D chain followup. I find that it helps to hold down jump during the move's hitstun.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you can follow 6D with 623D a lot of the time.

Well, if you hit with 6D, you can D pull up there and cut them a lot OR you can 6D again to adjust and then 623D to slam them into a wall and combo from there.

j.5D? I'd like to know that, too.

I didn't notice the character specific throw combos anywhere

Tager:

B+C, 6D~A, 6D~A, 623D, 7j.6D~D, 2C, 4D~A, 4D~D, j.214B#

pretty easy and straighforward

Taokaka:

B+C, 6D~A, 6D, 623D 8/9j.6D~D, 2C, 4D~A, 4D~D, j.214B#

have to cancel 6D into 623D late, if you try to 6D~A, 623D she'll be too low...couldn't get the j.6D to work when I jumped back, but up and forward were fine

Rachel:

B+C,(slight delay) 6D~A, 623D, 8/9j.6D~D, 2C, 4D~A, 4D~D, j.214B#

she flies far and fast...again same as tao, jumping forward seemed to work better

I remember getting it on hakumen before, but if I remember it's extrememly hard to do...and probably not worth it.

the general rule of thumb for any character specific move is that any combo following 623D can usually be continued with j.6D~D rather than ending it with dashing 3C

Just a quick question...

The BnB we've been seeing for so long (3c -> 214d-> c -> 2c -> air combo with loads of j.c xN) is less damaging than the listed combo that has 2 4d chains in them and ends with a 214b, correct?

Just wondering why the combo we've seen a lot of has a much easier version that does more damage...or if I'm mistaken...

If you mean what you've been seeing online, then it's possible that a lot of Hazama players simply don't know his BnBs (or at least, not the most efficient variations).

I'm new to Hazama and having trouble with his BnB of 5b > 3c > 214d~c > 5c > [j.c]x5 > jc > [j.c]x3 > j.214b. Every time before I get in the jump cancel he tends to hit the ground. Are there any ideas to what I might be doing wrong?

Just be sure to jump when that 5th hit connects. Also, you should have no problem getting all 5 hits on the second series either.

On another note: you may want to upgrade to

5B > 3C > 214D~C > 5C > jCx5 > [land] 2C > 4D~D > j214B#

j214B# = jCx5 > djCx5 > dj214B

EASY!

STEP 1: RUN AWAY! (You may want to use Oroboros because hazama can't run)

STEP 2: THROW RANDOM CHAINS

STEP 3: KEEP RUNNING AROUND THROWING CHAINS

STEP 5: JAYOKU HOUTENJIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

STEP 6: TIME OUT (WIN)

STEP 7: PROCEED TO NEXT MATCH AND BEGIN TROLLING SOME MOAR!

Just be sure to jump when that 5th hit connects. Also, you should have no problem getting all 5 hits on the second series either.

On another note: you may want to upgrade to

5B > 3C > 214D~C > 5C > jCx5 > [land] 2C > 4D~D > j214B#]

j214B# = jCx5 > djCx5 > dj214B

Guess I'll just work on getting the feel for it then. I'll work on the combo you mentioned once I can get the j214B# down.

I don't think this has been posted before but I feel any Hazama player should take note.

In any combo which requires

6D~A, 623D, 66, 3C > whatever

if the 6D~A can only be done once on said character, put a slight delay in between the 6D~A and 623D, it should still snag most but leave them higher and give you more time for the 66, 3C follow up. This should also increase the chances of landing a Houtenjin if desired into more damage.

EASY!

STEP 1: RUN AWAY! (You may want to use Oroboros because hazama can't run)

STEP 2: THROW RANDOM CHAINS

STEP 3: KEEP RUNNING AROUND THROWING CHAINS

STEP 5: JAYOKU HOUTENJIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

STEP 6: TIME OUT (WIN)

STEP 7: PROCEED TO NEXT MATCH AND BEGIN TROLLING SOME MOAR!

pfft. the godlike strategy, at least according to Zakiyama, is to IB everything until you have 100heat, and then perform a double jayoku houtenjin 8k combo

Question about a corner combo:

5B, 3C, 214D~C, dash under, 5C, 2C, 4D~A, 623D, 2B, 5C, j214B#

I'm whiffing 623D on a lot of the smaller characters. Is this character specific or am I just doing it wrong?

Well, if delaying the 5C doesn't help, then it probably can't be done on smaller characters.

EDIT: Actually, if you eliminate the 4D for the smaller characters and just go straight to the Jakou, then it'll probably connect.

That's what I do when I 2A someone trying to roll out of the corner.

If you're doing the corner combo, going straight to Jakou slams them behind you and resets/drops the combo. 4D~D on characters with smaller hitboxes (i.e. everyone not in the 5 5C OTG characters) is pretty situational in corner.

Here is a combo that works on Tager when his back is to the corner.

214D~B FC > (dash) > 2D > 2D> Astral works lol. You can actually do a lot of things with this. I have been able to do 2D~A > 2D~A > 2D~A > 4D~D > [j.C x 5] > JC > [j.C x 5] > J214B for trashy damage but I think you get like 36 heat.....(i can't remember). Also you can do the astral during any of the 1st and 2nd 2D's. I have not checked the 3rd 2D and I have not checked the 4D.

Why would you do 2D~A>2D~A>>2D~A>4D~D when you can go 6D~A>6D~A>623D>j.6D~D>2C>j.214B# for better damage and meter?

The combo I mentioned above is just a unique combo that I thought was slightly worth noting because it is possible and you can Astral off of the starting parts off it. It is what I like to call an impractical combo that is uniquely possible. I wasn't going for the most highest damage or meter with it.

lol you can astral off a 3c, but it's a waste of 100 heat to look at CGI from 1999 when you can do a cool looking jayoku.