Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eclipse

[CS1] Hazama Combo Thread

This combo: 5C > 3C > 214D~C > 5C > 2C > 6D~A > 4D~A > 623D > forward jump j.6D~D > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

Is by far the most annoying combo I have ever tried to learn, I've gotten to the point where I've given up completely on it. The timing required is unbelievable at so many places in the combo.

There is no real guide to follow, just you having to sit there for hours trying to find the perfect timing for everything and then spend several more hours to get it etched into your muscle memory.

Pulling this one off online... just wow :psyduck:

/rant

Oh well, at least now I can do several other combos easier and I learned some new ones, gonna compile them later.

yeah. that combo is pretty damn hard to do, but here are some tips

5C > 3C > 214D~C > 5C > 2C > 6D~A > 4D~A > 623D > forward jump j.6D~D > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

1. delay the 5C after 214D~C, but not too much. this will make the 6D~A much easier to connect

2. delay the 623D after 4D~A until the opponent is high as possible but still within range for the 623D. you want to connect the 623D to the opponent as far away as possible. the snake head hitbox should BARELY be connecting to the opponent's hitbox

rephrase of step 2: after the 4D~A hitstun, the opponent should break free and "move" a little higher. you want to 623D when he's right about to go beyond the range of the 623D chain. thus, you have to delay your 623D a bit after 4D~A

try it on tager. IMO, he's the easiest to do the combo on

if you are still having problems, try leaving some space between you and your opponent first

midscreen neutral throw -> jakou (623d) -> dash 2b -> 5c -> 6d~a -> 6d~d -> j.214c# - 3410~ damage

tager only... the link is really hard. not sure if this is even an optimal combo, maybe you can just get jakou relaunch with j.6d, but i haven't gotten that to work off a forward throw on tager

also, you can replace the neutral throw with 214D~C for a flashy combo.. does like 4110 damage with 5c starter (relaunch is 4.66k~)

is it possible to combo 6c non ch to anything, with meter?

With 5A? I honestly don't think so. I was thinking if you're near the corner, you could go for the 623D variation, but the proration might even be low enough to drop the combo. I think it'd work out though. If they're low enough, you may be able to do...

5A > 5C > j.C x 5 > 2C > 4D~D > j.214B#

Anyone have any recommendation of the best AA for Hazama. I rely on 214D~B a bit too much, and 5A works wonders against other Hazama's, but when Ragna's use j.C, I always tend to get hit out of it. I think the range of my opponent's air attacks is my primary problem. In situation where my opponent has raged air attacks, is it best to use 2C?

If ragna's doing spaced j.c's so he's hitting you with the tip of the sword, you have nothing. Block dodge or 6D to keep him out.

probably possible to do 5a > 5c > relaunch bnb. (j.c > 2c > 4d~d..)

5c > 4d~a > 4d~d > j.214b# is the most reliable for me though.

apart from 5a 5c 2c and 214d~b i don't see what else he has for close AA. if they're lowing low IAD j.c's you can just jayoku them out of it for the lulz with the right positioning though. best thing to do is just block in that situation. you could try 2C but it's range isn't that big and if they're spacing their jump-ins right you'll get stuffed.

really depends who you're up against though.

With Hazama, it's best to leave 5As out of the picture for AAing (unless you feel safe mashing, for some reason). The others have their individual uses.

5C, though not a "true" AA, works well due to it's speed and deceptively tall vertical range. That, and 5C is perfect for going into your standard combo.

2C's obvious benefit is it's head-attribute invulnerability. Only problem is that it's got a slow start up, and you don't have a whole lot of options on counterhit due to it's giant knockup. Still, for the invuln, it's good.

214D~B isn't an AA so much as it is a DP (yeah, I know they can have similar functions, but I think it's important to recognize the two different types of attacks). I've made the connection before, and I'll make it again: this move should be used in much the same way as Jin's 623B. No matter how fast you make the transition, there will always be a period where you can get knocked out of the attack. Still, it has excellent damage potential in the corner and midscreen.

Eh, I find that most places where 5A works as an AA, one of the others works as an even better one.

I'm going to have to agree here.

But what I like about 5A is its combo-ability and fast start-up 5 frames makes a big difference at times. don't really need to hit confirm to follow it up and if they block it mid air you can get some sort of pressure on them till they land.

Just theory fighting here but why do yous think 2c is better than 214d~b ?

2C has 13 startup invul from 8-12

214D~B has 6+7 startup and invul from 7-15 (going from neutral) and seems to have a bigger hitbox and better combo-ability on CH while 2C you won't get much unless they don't block it and you can follow it up with more chains or something.

2C just feels a lot more reliable to me and is just seems to be a lot safer on whiff. according to frame data its +9 faster than 214d~b but it feels shorter.

This combo: 5C > 3C > 214D~C > 5C > 2C > 6D~A > 4D~A > 623D > forward jump j.6D~D > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

Is by far the most annoying combo I have ever tried to learn, I've gotten to the point where I've given up completely on it. The timing required is unbelievable at so many places in the combo.

There is no real guide to follow, just you having to sit there for hours trying to find the perfect timing for everything and then spend several more hours to get it etched into your muscle memory.

Pulling this one off online... just wow :psyduck:

/rant

Oh well, at least now I can do several other combos easier and I learned some new ones, gonna compile them later.

OK, I've just tried this for about three hours in training mode nao, and I still haven't gotten it down, fohstick's tips didn't even seem to help me much. Is this so damaging that it isn't worth giving up on? :|

does like 4k on the chars with retarded hitboxes if i remember correctly, you can neutral jump the j.6D~D, it's really just how fast you can transition from 623D's recovery into jump, i've only pulled it off like a couple times online since it's tough times due to delay

Just theory fighting here but why do yous think 2c is better than 214d~b ?

It depends on the situation. But for one, the startup time is guaranteed, whereas the time for 214D~B is best case scenario (since it depends on your own speed/reaction as well). It also can be canceled into other moves, unlike 214D~B.

i usually think of 2C as more of a backup AA when you're up close since 214d~b has terrible recovery, not sure but i assume that CH 2C would lead to a better corner combo than CH/FC 214D~B due to proration

I apologize ahead of time because I'm sure this has been asked before, but I have no good way of searching for it in the thread. Does 632146C work after any old 623D or do they have to be higher in the air when they get hit by 623D for it to work? I seem to be unable to get it to work when they were only a little above my head when I hit them with 623D. Also, is it character specific at all?

I apologize ahead of time because I'm sure this has been asked before, but I have no good way of searching for it in the thread. Does 632146C work after any old 623D or do they have to be higher in the air when they get hit by 623D for it to work? I seem to be unable to get it to work when they were only a little above my head when I hit them with 623D. Also, is it character specific at all?

The techable time after Jakou seems to be determined by when they hit the ground, so they do need to be at a certain height for you to be able to use Mizuchi afterwards.

And no, it's not character specific.

i usually think of 2C as more of a backup AA when you're up close since 214d~b has terrible recovery, not sure but i assume that CH 2C would lead to a better corner combo than CH/FC 214D~B due to proration

214D~B can lead to 623D near the corner which equates to more damage easily.

Otherwise as an AA 2C CH will generally net you more damage if you're sticking with standard combos.

After a CH 214D~B (lol if you get FC) you can do dash 4D~Ax2 > 4D~D or dash 214D~C/j.6D and get more damage off that I think.

Does 4D~A > j.9D work?

when doing 3 chains the timing feels tight enough that you dont have time to jump chain.

Relaunch combo pretty much gives the same amount of damage as a corner combo though.

Is there a specific height requirement needed to catch an opponent with a 2B after putting them in the corner with 623D? Off of a throw or a Houtenjin I have no problem picking them back up with 2B but when I land a 3C, 214D~C 4D~623D I can almost never land the 2B in time.

You don't want to go from 214D~C to 4D to Jakou. Your opponent will be too close to the ground to followup after jakou. Plus, you can get more hits in for more damage before the 4D.