Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honnou

Honnou Bi-weekly GO! Stay sharp in summer!

What: Fighting game HOOTENANNY

When: Saturday, June 12th, from 12pm-12am (somewhat flexible but the real event will end around midnight)

Where: Salmon Orange House, Woodrow St DALY CITY (PM me for addy or talk to someone else who is going because just about EVERYONE knows where my place is)

Why: Norcal needs to OIL UP for summer

HOW MUCH?: Venue fee of $1 entry (flexible)

Tournaments, if held, will be run mostly for love of the game, be prepared to pay $1-2 dollars for GGAC and MBAA and $0-1 for side tourneys if there is demand.

Post what you are planning to bring. My place has 2 TV's, and 2 ps2's (one is jp, unmodded). Getting as many Tv's as possible is the main goal.

Also, eats. We can do pizza deliveries and split cash. PLEASEbreak as many $20s or other larger bills ahead of time to make this easy.

Tell me what games you want run.

Games I PROMISE will be run

GGAC

MBAA

Hokuto no Ken

GGAC Isuka

3rd Strike

Senko no Ronde 1 and Duo

Neo Geo battle coliseum?

Not SSFIV

The focus won't be on other games, but I have no qualms with any game being run, so long as the main games have enough setups to keep rotation quick.

I'd like to see run:

ST

Jackie Chan

Asuka 120%

Arm Joe

Shaq Fu

*REMINDER*

THERE WILL BE NO SSFIV *cough*

AS CONFIRMED AS POSSIBLE:

unittest

Tsubasa

Dakanya "Heaven's breasts" Tenpai

Xero-"I beat Digital Watches"-xz

tenkai

MIGHT SHOW:

Jeff "Ruu" Mancilla

danny "double down" buzzsaw

jmuzz

qwerty/quash

NOT SURE:

Ernest "master of the old game" ehuangsan

jcyl29 THAT KY/ROBO KY GUY

KatanaDash aka BurritoDash aka Gunblaze24/7

Shining "Kuwabara" Aquas

bucklemyshoe

NOT COMING:

Aurora Borealis

magz

Hmm.. sounds interesting. I might be able to come if work gives me that day off. Daly is like 40 min away for me..

I can also bring *ehem CS. If anyone wants :v:

A big shout to ROD for getting this SHIZZLE together! It is a bit of a drive for most of us here, but thanks for putting it out. Oh yeah Rod. Quickie question - Where was that bomb kareoke place you took JP Kennyon and I out? PNW is mighty interested...

Also, will your home be big enough to squeeze in the Tekken/GGAC/MBAA crew? That's about 40 people. D:

not that i dislike T6 but rod didn't list it as a game he would like to see =p

just for GGAC and MBAA i'd expect ~25

If there are going to be 40 ish people, I'll probably have to make a venue fee of $1-3 dollars (honestly, i'd probably just make it $1) a head, so I have an "apology prize" for my roommates for putting up with it. I can definitely handle 25 people or so.

First, let us confirm who can come. A lot of people should carpool with each other too, because many are in San Jose, Mountain View and other cities on the way.

I can definately be there till like 9 or 10. I'd watch out about advertising ssf4 for a house event lol.

Noted. And fixed.

I can also bring *ehem CS. If anyone wants :v:

That would be cool.

Tsubasa is not allowed to not come. Just so you know. And yes, there will be room for melty.

yeah, bring as many setups, sticks and equip as you can without being encumbered.

lawl. OK, sure, I'll most likely show up. Melty probably won't have such a big turnout, so if there isn't enough for a tourney, I'll just chill & play some casual GG/MB.

Are AJ & Sean going to attempt dat mapo tofu?! That would be a clincher for me!

I think its a yes for me. I have the day off, but I have an early shift the next day, so I'm probably only gonna be there for a couple hours.

And so I'll probably bring CS. Dont complain about input lag, its better than nothing... I can't really say much more before spirit starts eyeing me :8/:

And so I'll probably bring CS. Dont complain about input lag, its better than nothing... I can't really say much more before spirit starts eyeing me :8/:

Just to give you a heads up, don't expect very many people to play BBCS. The people coming will be coming for GG or MBAA.

i'll mash bbcs if you promise to play asuka 120%

Srsly what the heck is this asuka 120%- *googles... MOE MASH PARTY i'm down. Plus I have VANGUARD PRINCESS. Bring your Dizzy, and I'll bring my Noel and we'll weab until our eyes bleed :333

Also, don't blame me for any stick problems, my comp hates Jeff's stick. I have xpadder if your stick reads at all.

Just to give you a heads up, don't expect very many people to play BBCS. The people coming will be coming for GG or MBAA.

Well.. depending on who's there and how many setups there are, someone might be just sitting around waiting for a spot. Might as well mash CS while waiting. I'm actually still half-assed to go, it just depends on if its a big turnout. If it is, then i'm still going. If its like the pathetic doubles at SVGL we just had, then probably not :v:

There'll be a decent turnout. I'm projecting that there's going to be 15 people coming. I might just come by to mash a little EFZ, BBCS, GGAC and some Shaq Fu. :3