Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mahouko

Guilty Gear CPU

Ok just need to know something. When you keep playing against the CPU in VS cpu mode, do they level up? now that i have been fighting them for about 1 year and a half they seem to be performing alot better.

nah

but maybe you getting better at fighting humans has made you worse at fighting the cpu?

thats the thing. I only really get to play human opponents at tourneys (right now in NY nothing really is going on cept for maybe ECT) and pretty much playing computers. If the CPU do level up that would be frekin awesome

thats the thing. I only really get to play human opponents at tourneys (right now in NY nothing really is going on cept for maybe ECT) and pretty much playing computers. If the CPU do level up that would be frekin awesome

You do know that you're an hour away from NJ? I believe those guys are doing something pretty regularly.

Also, you can't out-yomi that which has no mind. :v:

Lawl. I can see the headlines now:

"Japanese Fighting Game perfects machine-learning behavior. High-level AI learns from mistakes, adapts to opponent's strategies, passes Turing Test in Japanese Arcade against top Tougeki Champions."

It's in your head, dude.

You're probably trying different matchups than you used to try. The AI's particularly decent with some characters and particularly shitty with others.

You're probably trying different matchups than you used to try. The AI's particularly decent with some characters and particularly shitty with others.

this.... AI Eddie is..... meh, AI Ky is fucking beast (atleast in terms of combos), AI Sol is annoying since he pretty much does (5K>BR)*N, FRC gunflame>BB/BR, and VV*2, AI pot..... I don't want to talk about it.....

You do know that you're an hour away from NJ? I believe those guys are doing something pretty regularly.

Also, you can't out-yomi that which has no mind. :v:

We're trying down here.

NY has a good scene, just gotta break in on those dudes.

And its the computer, its just a punching bag.:psyduck:

GG AI is either a punching bag, or ridiculous. I have yet to actually beat the game in arcade mode on GGX, XXAC+, or Isuka, because the closer I get to the end, the more crazy the computer gets. I've come close though. And it IS completely different from fighting a human. THat's the one thing that sucks about most fighting games is that playing the AI can be really counterproductive to playing against humans. :P

I've heard the AI actually reads button inputs too, can anyone confirm that?

It kind of does, sometimes. GG CPU sometimes reacts to attacks you do or commands you input, mostly while they're knocked down. But for the most part it's not really true.

It's kind of human-like, as it has its own set of habits. If you can recognize the habits it makes while fighting killing one should be much easier.

I-no and Pot always gave me trouble....actually, I-no gave me the most trouble when I started to play the GG series. Pot pwnz meh Sol...Dizzy makes Pot her $2 whore.

But, yeah...it's an AI it will fall for moves a person WILL not fall for.. Like, um? Eddie for instance. The move where he goes across the ground and comes up looking alike a shark thingy, if you block - you can counter it...also, he is at frame disadvantages when he comes back down from his animation too. (Isn't there an FRC during that move too?)

LOOK for gaps...and also, the AI at any difficulty WILL EAT any Overdrive thrown at them. But, I noticed it's always when they're REALLY REALLY low. They will block a 2k or 2d but they will not block a tyrant rave? Hrm?

CPU Pot is an ass to fight.

CPU Ky can do combos

CPU johnny can do cool shit, but it's johnny so w/e

CPU testament can do badlands loop, and sol can do br loops.

CPU baiken can't block low.

CPU has some good uses.

It's great combo practice. It's also good for throw reset practice. The CPU tech more randomly then a real person so if you can catch them with a throw reset good job! :eng101:

Pot CPU is fairly easy. I think I have a vid somewhere of me getting a perfect vs gold potemkin on maniac setting.

Simply, Fish/Poke > Combo > Oki > Mix Up > Combo/Retreat on Block > Fish/Poke

Level 9 Maniac CPU fights are good too. While they tend not to play like a human, the CPU does implemnet some pressure for you to up your defense against.

I suppose Potemkin isn't too much trouble if you're a pretty good forester. But he's especially deathly against close-quarter fighters like Anji or Chipp or (especially) Slayer. I guess it falls to that in a sense.

Anyway I think other than their strange blocking habits, Maniac AI's pretty good practice since you know it'll kill you if you don't put up a fight. Also each Char AI has its own set of habits. It doesn't just react to whatever you do though, so don't be completely dependent on that.

so, is there a special trick to not getting chipped out by boss i-no

i can breeze through everybody else with my chipp, but boss i-no's take soo much meter to faultless and do a ridiculous amount of chipp damage.

i got really lucky and beat her once, but everybody seems to think she is super easy?

can someone help me?

Oh, that comic pretty much answers everything you need to know about Megalomania.

1st Formation (generally upward curve) - stay back

2nd Formation (Wide full screen blast) - jump over it right in front of her as the balls come out to attack you. One jump can be enough depending on the character, much safer to do a double jump.

3rd formation (cosine wave form) - Stay within the safe are of the curve. note that this safe area SLOWLY MOVES TOWARD I-NO as the attack progresses. So WALK TOWARD I-NO.

Also note that I-no has boss strength in this mode so everything will hurt about twice as bad. I-no is also mostly an aerial superiority character, at least as how the AI plays it. So try to form up a game to counter her air game (which is most of the time, shoryuken). Also be very careful when she can do an overdrive, her aerial Overdrive hurts, a lot.

i-no takes chip damage during megalomania stance... also... while this doesn't affect most characters... bosses/gold chars don't deal more damage... you just take more damage (attacks that deal damage to yourself do more damage too... roboky overheat/overclock, ex roboky fb)