Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mahouko

Guilty Gear CPU

i-no takes chip damage during megalomania stance... also... while this doesn't affect most characters... bosses/gold chars don't deal more damage... you just take more damage (attacks that deal damage to yourself do more damage too... roboky overheat/overclock, ex roboky fb)

That might apply in AC, but I dunno if it applies to AC+ since they changed gold rules a bit.

GG AI is either a punching bag, or ridiculous. I have yet to actually beat the game in arcade mode on GGX, XXAC+, or Isuka, because the closer I get to the end, the more crazy the computer gets. I've come close though. And it IS completely different from fighting a human. THat's the one thing that sucks about most fighting games is that playing the AI can be really counterproductive to playing against humans. :P

I've heard the AI actually reads button inputs too, can anyone confirm that?

Slashback usage by the CPU tends to support it. They'll also grab you out of moves often before active frames start. The thing is, it does stretches of reading controller inputs, and then it stops doing it for a while. They can't make it impossible to beat, but since it's not learning AI, they have to make it difficult enough to satisfy a solo player for a while.

I can beat Arcade mode on any GG on any difficulty, but Survival becomes another story with the bonuses the CPU player gets as the levels get higher. Once you learn the CPU patterns, it becomes very easy to start a combo on them.