Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GenoWhirl

[CS1] μ-12 Combo Thread (Updated 10.30.10)

I think this is worth mentioning while we are waiting for official frame data. It seems like her different steins do have different recovery times, with 2d/5d recovering slightly faster than 4d/6d. I tested this by doing CH 2c xx stein > 5c. You recover in time to hit them with 5c if you cancel with 5d/2d, and too late if you cancel with 4d/6d. Perhaps someone else would like to try this out? In case I made a mistake somewhere.

Can do on everyone pretty much, some are harder than others but still possible (smaller hitboxes, 66a too early and they will be too high for 6b to hit), it's also probably best to swap that second 66a for 5c to avoid same move proration.

Astral combo :-

2a - 5b - 3c - 222d

Don't know this combo can work or not ↓↓

5b - 6b - 5c - 3c - 222d

Anyone can help me to try it out?

@Pyro90x

Meterless, you can follow up 6b with 63214c or 623c, that's it. In the corner you can RC that 63214c and go into her corner loop. If you have steins nearby (as in really near), 6b combos into Yata no Kagami as well, and you can do 66 5c 2c air combo after that. Yeah, but there's nothing much you can do from 6b in general I guess, it's like how Hazama's 6a elbow drop only combos into his 236236b.

@Rageru, that first one works, pretty much anything 3c into 222d combos fine, 222d has a pretty big hitbox. I'm unsure about the second one though, 5b 6b 5c? How do you do that?

@1:33 of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhIuuyD1mpQ there's another way of comboing after RC'ing an air throw, the MU did 6b 6a 6b 6a 2c air combo.

^ Did the 222d can hit person in air? It looks hit ground only for me....don't know I saw it wrongly or not.

About 5b 6b 5c I don't 6b can cancel into 5c or not...

Finally an RC'ing an air throw combo :yaaay:

After 3c, the 222d hits them before they land on the floor completely so I think it can hit airbourne opponents, though they probably have to be close to the ground. It's horizontal hitbox doesn't seem to be as good as it looks though, I tried stuff like CH 6c 222d to test if it could reach, but no dice.

Also, 5b doesnt combo to 6b, only CH 5b > 6b is possible. 6b also doesnt combo into 5c even on counter hit.

Air Throw > Rapid > 6B > 6A > 6B > 6A > 2C > j.C > j.2C (3.9K, 50 meter)

Can it connect to 2b > 5c > 2c > etc. .....?

After 3c, the 222d hits them before they land on the floor completely so I think it can hit airbourne opponents, though they probably have to be close to the ground. It's horizontal hitbox doesn't seem to be as good as it looks though, I tried stuff like CH 6c 222d to test if it could reach, but no dice.

Also, 5b doesnt combo to 6b, only CH 5b > 6b is possible. 6b also doesnt combo into 5c even on counter hit.

Thats mean 6b can't use widely... D;

Can I suggest to standardize the combo list in the first page? Some have move names, others have inputs.

I spent 15 minutes on a combo trying to understand what I was doing wrong... because JC was a jump cancel instead of a j.C. Even if i don't like to read the explicit JC (I think is redundant), the problem was that in other combos, JC was omitted >_<

Input commands are also missing like dashes and IADs.

Some of the combos didn't work, no matter how I changed the timing... I used Jin as a sparring character.

For example:

Air Throw > Rapid > 6B > 6A > 6B > 6A > 2C > j.C > j.2C

Can't connect the second 6A

Some discovered combos:

6B > 63214C > RC > 6B > 5C > 2C > j.C > j.2C > 2B > 5C > 2C > j.C > j.2C > 2B (4.4k damage, corner only, 50 meter required)

I tried to finish it with Omohikane without success (the recovery of the opponent is too fast), but is good to follow with 5D > 214D to keep the pressure. Need to test it though.

Airthrow > RC > 6B > 6A > 6B > 5C > 6C > 6D > 63214C (3.9k damage, +1 stein, 50 meter required)

Now a noob question.

I'm trying to learn the 3C corner loop combo which end with Omohikane, but the distortion is a pain to connect. I just use it too later or, since I rush to do the inputs, I do the wrong move. I found an alternative way for the input:

... > j.2C > 632B146C

But I can still do it right 50% of the time, maybe because I've just started to use the stick while I used the pad in CT for a year... any hints?

I will work on standarizing the combos, and adding some dashes I forgot :vbang:

Thanks for the combos too

Would it be better if I erase JC for everything, or add it to everything?

Some of the combos didn't work, no matter how I changed the timing... I used Jin as a sparring character.

For example:

Air Throw > Rapid > 6B > 6A > 6B > 6A > 2C > j.C > j.2C

Can't connect the second 6A

This video shows that exact combo working on Noel at around 1:32: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhIuuyD1mpQ

You have to dash to connect the second 6A. In any event, the other combo you posted is probably better anyway due to all the weird BB combo proration rules, but I don't know that for certain.

I will work on standarizing the combos, and adding some dashes I forgot :vbang:

Thanks for the combos too

Would it be better if I erase JC for everything, or add it to everything?

I know I prefer to see things like jump cancels and dashes listed, even when it seems obvious for them to be there.

This video shows that exact combo working on Noel at around 1:32: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhIuuyD1mpQ

You have to dash to connect the second 6A. In any event, the other combo you posted is probably better anyway due to all the weird BB combo proration rules, but I don't know that for certain.

That was the problem... it didn't cross up my mind even for a second to do a dash after the second 6B >_<

Thanks ^^

I know I prefer to see things like jump cancels and dashes listed, even when it seems obvious for them to be there.

Well, i don't agree to list even jump cancels, because like in 6C > j.C it seems obvious that you have to jump cancel (it isn't even a move, it's just a name given to the possibility to jump after a specific move).

I think the readability is worse however it's also ok, just use it in every combo to not get confused ^^

TBH, I think it's better to have them in there. Dashes definitely (since there is no chance for confusion and sometimes it may look like a dash is unneeded but it is). And while I don't know if Mu has any high jump cancels, it would be weird if jump cancels weren't listed and high jump cancels were (and high jump cancels should be listed).

My suggestion is that jump cancels be put in parenthesis (jc), so it's easy to read as being distinct from the standard set of moves. Perhaps for consistency (RC), (hjc), (dash) could be done this way as well.

Finnaly got my game so i can start a bit of combo research ^^

For the air throw combo you can do :

- air throw RC > 6B > 66A > 6B > 66A > j2C > 66 2B > 6A > 2C > jC > j2C for 4162, if you're the corner for the second 6A, add a jC after it for 4281 dmg. Note that you can 66B after the RC to carry the opponent a little into the corner.

One thing i thought when looking at the vids was if 6B counter carries the bonus hitsun over the second hit, and after testing it does. What's interesting here is that 6B have some low invuln, so we can use it to beat low moves and get crouch counter hit, which gives a lot a hitstun.

So in this situation we can do the following :

6B > 2B > 5C > 6C > D > 63214C : 2568dmg and one orb. 6B inot 2B is a link but it's a really easy one.

If you got some meter or burn, can RC the 6C then 66B > 66A > 6B > 66A > 2C > jC > j2C for 4099 dmg anywhere on screen, you'll need 37% at the start of the combo for the RC.

For the double 6B juggle, you need to get them as low as possible with the first one, this can be used in other combos for exemple :

5C CH > 6C RC > 66B > 66A > 6B > 66A > jC > j2C > (66) 2B > 6A > 2C > jC > j2C : 4441 dmg.

And for last a video of two versions of 6C FC combo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AFVh2NUYxU

Good stuff. I especially like 66b 66a 6b 66a because it has quite a bit of corner push.

In the first post, you should say that 6B 2B is CH crouch, won't work on standing, could seems obvious that an overhead should hit when the opponent is crouch but it won't always be the case.

Back to the combos, the 6A/B loop is pretty much a staple for counter hit combos i think, it really good to use after a CH 2C, air to air CH jC or anti air 6A CH (for the 2C note that if it's used as anti air and the opponent was hit really high he will be able to tech before hitting the ground).

For exemple 2C CH > 66A > 6B > 66A > j2C > 66 2B > 6A > 2C > jC > j2C can be used anywhere for 3133 dmg, close to corner with a loop i get 3387 and i can get 4.5k with a super.

Doing two 6B is doable either if you're in the corner or if you hit 2C CH almost point blank, i get 3.6k meterless but it's really really hard to time the first 6B right.

One intresting thing, if the corner in your back is closer you can do iad after the 2C CH and switch side to hit with 6A, so you might get a corner loop this way

Anti air 6A CH is pretty much the same, except that it doesn't launch very high, so you have to dash in 6A really fast after the initial hit.

Air to air jC CH is really good, as with 2C CH, double 6B juggle is really conditional and don't net enough more damage to take the risk IMO, dash in 6A will be possible most of the time and you can get up to 3.8k meterless and 5.6k with a super at the end.

I have some other combos ideas but i'll post those later in the general discutions thread as exemples for how she will work and what you'll need to do good with her in my opinion. But this will have to wait a little, i really need some sleep for now ^^

5B > 3C > 2B > 5C > 6C > 5D > 63214C (Damage Unknown, + 1 stein)

This does 2237 damage.

Throw > 6A > 5C > 6C > 5D > Yata No Kagami (Damage Unknown, 50 Meter required)

Hits 2562. It hits 2847 if you use 6D instead.

Throw > 5C > 2C > j.C > j.2C > 2B > 5C > 2C > j.C > j.2C > 2B > 623C (Damage Unknown, Corner)

I can't get the 623C to hit. Without it, the combo does 2951.

Air Throw > Rapid > 2B > 6A > 2C > j.C > j.2C > Steins (Damage Unknown, midscreen, 50 Meter required)

3167. It'll hit 3425 if you do this instead:

Air Throw > Rapid > 2B > 6A > 2C > j.C > dj.B > dj.C > dj.2C > Steins

Works anywhere (at least on Ragna)

6C > 2B > 6A > 2C > j.C > j.2C > 2B > 5C > 6C > Omohikane (4.6k)

50 Meter

6C > 63214C (Charged) > Dash > 6B > Dash > 5C > 2C > j.2C > Dash > 2B > 5C > 6C > 6D > Yata no Kagami > 6C > Omohikane (6538 damage, 50 Meter required)

100 Meter