Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GenoWhirl

[CS1] μ-12 Combo Thread (Updated 10.30.10)

Don't know someone said about this combo or not...

CH 6c > 5d > 214d > dash > 6b > dash > 6a > 2c > j.c > j.2c (Damage unknown)

The dash must be pretty fast or else may miss...

Good job GenoWhirl with highlighting the combos. It's hard, every time I'm going to learn a character, to pick up the best one to spend effort onto. No need to know 5 combos that start from 3C midscreen with meter (just to bring up an example of combos with same starting conditions).

@Maho: Very good job with your combos. I saw in the video description on Youtube you use 632B14C to connect Omohikane. Can you explain a little better how do you do that? Like if you start the input while Mu is still in the air, keep the B button pressed and so on? This is driving me mad >_<

I often get a simple 5B.

super helpful snip

Thank youuuu x.x, I have fixed all you pointed out. Towards a better combo compilation! :kitty:

And yes, Rageru. It's a pretty tight link apparently. I need to get my hands on CS -_- (lolpanama). And for the 623c after 2B problem, and for Omohikane, can't you do 2B > 5B > Omohikane/623C? may make yourl ives a bit easier

And for the 623c after 2B problem, and for Omohikane, can't you do 2B > 5B > Omohikane/623C? may make yourl ives a bit easier

Actually, you can. I'm not sure if Omohikane will work on everybody since 5B kicks 'em up sorta high, but it definitely makes 623C work. I'd still rather do 632B146C though since I have a whole lot of time to buffer part of it instead of having to input the entire Omohikane input during 5B's animation.

I guess that one combo...

Throw > 5C > 2C > j.C > j.2C > 2B > 5C > 2C > j.C > j.2C > 2B > 5B > 623C

would end up doing 3090 damage.

@Maho: Very good job with your combos. I saw in the video description on Youtube you use 632B14C to connect Omohikane. Can you explain a little better how do you do that? Like if you start the input while Mu is still in the air, keep the B button pressed and so on? This is driving me mad >_<

I often get a simple 5B.

I start the motion just before landing so i hit 2B as soon as i'm on the ground and then finish the super motion asap, so it's something like :

63~(land)2B~146C

I indeed keep the buttons pressed a little to get the 5 frames thing that BB have, but i tend to use it almost everytime, it's there and makes combos easier so why not?

Another thing, about the 2B 5B into super topic, you have to take into account that depending on prorate, the super won't always be guaranteed after a 2B, in the combos from the vid, you had only one move before the super and it will be techable.

You really REALLY don't want this to happen, as you will be wide open for a punish in addition to wasting 50% heat.

The same thing goes for 2B 5B into super but as it adds one more hit, there's more chances for the combo to be techable.

So my point is if you're going to try to get the best damage output, 2B super is something you'll need, plus you won't have to worry about character specificity as it works on everyone.

And last thing, ending a corner combo with 623C is a very bad idea unless it kills, the opponent can air tech and recover way before you do so you lose the pressure, which is bad as the corner is where Mu can get some good easy damage.

I'm very interested in the combo at 2:20 of that video. The Mu uses 214d (whiff) to cancel the recovery of 6c and continue the combo. I was trying something like that but nothing seemed fast enough to catch the guy after the 6c wallbounce, good to see 66a fits the bill.

214d whiff also gives a her a pretty damaging meterless option off her throw, cool.

Edit: I went and tried it for myself, and it's a pretty tight link, that 214d whiff to 66a. It's quite important for 6c to hit them as high as possible so they take longer to reach the ground, giving you enough time to dash up and 6a.

From what I've seen 6c tends to bounce them back the same distance every time. It is a very very tight link though, at least I wasn't getting it reliably, I'm not going to be busting it out in a match anytime soon.

Yes, it is a very very tight link. I saw someone try to use the 214d to cancel the recover of 6c to link into 66a but failed. Well may be has to practice more to get it in right time.

Any good effective combo that using gold burst at startup?

That's an idea. Later on I'll hop on training mode for a bit and see what Mu's options are after a gold burst.

I have another idea that set a stein 5D after gold burst & then timing the 214d then comboing? don't know this works also or not...

Okay, regarding Mu's options after gold burst, here's the deal.

Bursts actually have quite a lot of recovery, full charge 63214c is out of the question, and instant release 63214c is just in time to hit before they tech, that should give you an idea of the recovery on it.

Summon 5d stein + detonate is also too slow, in fact, even if you had a stein already in the perfect place, you don't even have time to detonate it alone.

The best I got so far is 6a 6b 5c 6c 5d j.b j.c [laser] j.c j.2c for just over 2k, decent, when you consider that gold bursts prorate quite badly. The only tricky part is timing 6a so they are level with you, so 6b will land cleanly. Otherwise, you hit them too high, the 2nd hit of 6b will whiff as you probably can guess.

Some character specific optimized combos, so far i've landed those only on Ragna, Rachel, Hakumen, Tager and Tao.

It use the 6C 214D cancel so you need to have no orb that will hit the opponent on explosion, the important part is the first 66A, you need to be as close as possible to hit the second 6A after 6B without any dash needed, note that the 6C might be delayed depending on the character and starter.

After last 6B, you can chose oki over damage with 5C > 6C > whatever, but note that most of the time the damage sacrifice will be pretty significant.

From 2C CH, either used as a punisher (on ground you need to be not to far away) or as anti air done with opponent not too high in the air (like against an iad).

- CH 2C > 63214C max charged > 66A > 6B > 6A > 6C > 214D > 66A > 6B > 66A > 2C > jC > djC > dj2C : 4555dmg + 44% heat.

With 10% heat at start and you if end in the corner, remove the 2C and djC, with that you can 2B into super for 6050 dmg.

The same can be used from CH 6A anti air :

- CH 6A > 66A > 6B > 6A > 6C > 214D > 66A > 6B > 66A > 2C > jC > djC > dj2C : 3678dmg + 38% heat.

As with the 2C combo you can end with an otb 2B super if in corner, remove the same things but you'll need 14% heat at start, and dmg will be 5167.

Air to air jC CH :

CH jC > 66A > 6B > 6A > 6C > 214D > 66A > 6B > 66A > jC > j2C > 2B > 6A > jC > j2C : 4458dmg and 42% heat.

To get a super at the end you need 13% heat start and have to do :

CH jC > 66A > 6B > 6A > 6C > 214D > 66A > 6B > 66A > 2C > jC > j2C > 2B > super for 5875 dmg, this is also the midscreen version of the combo if you had a djC at the end, 4274 dmg and 38%

Air throw :

Air throw RC > 6B > 66A > 6B > 6A > 6C > 214D > 66A > 6B > 66A > jC > djC > dj2C : 4705dmg and 39% heat back (8 from air throw, 31 from combo). On Rachel and Tager, remove the djC as first 6B will be 2 hits instead of 1.

And for the lol, i don't see how someone would get hit by this but anyway :

63214C max charged FC > 66B > 66A > 6B > 6A > 214D > 66A > 6B > 66A > jC > j2C > 2B > 2C > jC > j2C > 2B > 63214C : 7575 dmg and 6% heat at the end.

Edit : the post above made me think about what i would get from gold burst, well 2867dmg/35% and 4389 with a super (18% needed before combo), and from guard crush it's awesome, 5813 dmg with only 4% needed at start (but you need a midscreen GC),

Does Mu have anyway to combo off her Overhead without Corner + Heat loss?

You can cancel into 63214c and that's it, nothing much really. It's like Hazama's elbow drop, he only ever uses it to land his super.

You can cancel into 63214c and that's it, nothing much really. It's like Hazama's elbow drop, he only ever uses it to land his super.

You can perform a meter-less combo with pretty good damage if the 6B connects on oki off a air combo then setting out j.[D] in corner. The charged lasers fires slow, so you should be able to: 6B > (charged lasers hit) > dash 5B > 3C > 2B > whatever

Counterhit j.2C yes, Astral works. Counterhit j.2C has them laying on the ground a few ticks before they can tech. Normal j.2C they bounce and tech.

If you get a close knit gathering of Steiners guaranteed to hit you can always just use that as hitstun to get the Astral off.

hey guys im having alot of problems doing the dash 2B after the j.2c in this combo

6C > 63214C (Charged) > Dash > 6B > Dash > 5C > 2C > j.2C > Dash > 2B > 5C > 6C > 6D > Yata no Kagami > 6C > Omohikane (6538 damage, 100 Meter required)

is there a specific timing for the j.2C to get them close enough for 2B to connect or do I need to input the dash faster?

Most troubles I've had connecting with the j.2C -> dash links involve delaying j.2C as long as possible (Allowing you to be as close as possible to the ground when you need to dash). Also, try prematurely entering the 2B input as you dash, even if you aren't in range yet the sooner you put in that input the better.