Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GenoWhirl

[CS1] μ-12 Combo Thread (Updated 10.30.10)

There's no reason a combo should be that strict, it doesn't benefit anyone, and it doesn't add any depth. It just makes the game less accessible and require more hours whiled away in practice if you want to compete.

For the first time in my life, I'll admit a stick would be useful. I'm probably losing a couple of frames on the dash timing, since as far as I can tell you need to do both 6 inputs while already on the ground; that's how it seems to me anyway. And the same direction repeatedly is just about the only thing a stick does faster than an analog. Can't use d-pad either because disc pads sucks for half-circles, ugh.

What link do you think is harder? I can pull off all the combos that I've come across except for any one with the 66 2B link. All the Challenges, her 7.2k FC... Nothing's given me any considerable amount of trouble, except that goddamn 66 2B.

As for CS2 I hear 2B is getting a range buff too, so that AND the gravity will likely make that link much easier. Shame nobody has a clue when CS2 is arriving on consoles.

"That strict?" It's not that strict now...like Silfer said...it's really not that hard, theres harder stuff....

I'm total n00b at fighting games, CS is my first one actually.. and I managed to learn that link in one sitting. It's not that hard.

Now please, stop derailing the combo thread with your complaining and go play Tager.

just... wait until she lands and 663b. as said before it's not hard at all. should take you about 10 mins if you just sit down and stay dedicated to the cause.

literally. "not too fast, not too slow." watch a combo vid and find the rythym. (it's there with 3c and corner combos too)

I've been attempting Challenge 10 on and off all day. I've spent no less than 2 hours on it, all up. Lots of that was watching the demonstration, repeatedly, trying to find the rhythm. And so far I've gotten it down for everything Mu has, except that. 66 5C comes out as 6C about 50% of the time, but that's still 50%, that's just an hour or two practice away from 100%. j2C 66~2B? Not even 1% of the time. If you really think it's so easy that it should only take 10 minutes of sitting down and doing it, I'm even MORE convinced that something is wrong.

I'll fiddle with it more tomorrow though, right now my left wrist is in physical pain from straining so hard to do 663 as fast as possible.

EDIT: And yes, I do realize this is derailing the combo thread quite badly, but it's 'be flamed for derailing the combo thread' or 'be flamed for making a new thread,' so if you don't like it maybe try bitching less. And that's not at you TD, you're being helpful, it's more at people like Solar.

I tried to be helpful at first too ya know. I directed you to Agi's advice, which you called useless. Then I gave you my advice, which was the same advice TD just gave you as well, to do the 663B right when you land...which is pretty much the same advice in Agi's original post worded slightly different. You're the one who kept on complaining it was too hard instead of just taking the advice the first time it was given to you, so forgive me if I got a little irritated by it.

Okay, okay, point taken, but you've got to admit that "do it at the right time" is sort of useless obviousness, you can say the same for every single other combo in the game. I've breezed through every other combo but this SINGLE link trips me up for hours on end, with no progress in sight? It takes 10+ attempts just for the 2B to come out at all, and then it's too late every time. I speed it up and it doesn't come out. Slow it down, too late. And over, and over, and over, and over again. Definitely something wrong here. If I didn't already know any better I'd claim it was uncomboable.

It's not useless...did you read the advice? Do it right when you land after the j.2C. Like Silfer said, by the time her feet hit the ground you should already have started doing the 66 input.

Now please stop using this thread to complain about how hard it is, that won't help you. Like you said, you know better, it's not uncomboable because you know and I know people do it all the time. Only thing that will help you now is practice, which is always a good thing.

There's no reason a combo should be that strict, it doesn't benefit anyone, and it doesn't add any depth. It just makes the game less accessible and require more hours whiled away in practice if you want to compete.

its not strict, and it does not require hours to do at all. If this link in particular is "impossible" for u, don't play mu, because it's a rather important link for her.

For the first time in my life, I'll admit a stick would be useful. I'm probably losing a couple of frames on the dash timing, since as far as I can tell you need to do both 6 inputs while already on the ground; that's how it seems to me anyway. And the same direction repeatedly is just about the only thing a stick does faster than an analog. Can't use d-pad either because disc pads sucks for half-circles, ugh.

pads are inherently better for repeated direction inputs like 66, a stick won't help u do this better, practicing timing will. And you are definitely doing it wrong if you are waiting for her to land before u start to input it, u should be pressing the 2nd 6 by the time she actually touches the ground.

What link do you think is harder? I can pull off all the combos that I've come across except for any one with the 66 2B link. All the Challenges, her 7.2k FC... Nothing's given me any considerable amount of trouble, except that goddamn 66 2B.

It does require a bit of timing, but the time u spent posting all this u could have spent in training mode modifying your timing until u can get it. Most people who complain about links like these just go in training and try it once and just repeat the same over and over and over without actually bothering to alter their timing, just hoping that they'll get it right at some point.

As for CS2 I hear 2B is getting a range buff too, so that AND the gravity will likely make that link much easier. Shame nobody has a clue when CS2 is arriving on consoles.

It will make it easier timing-wise, but the input is still the same, and u will still have to time the dash to come out right after u land. Instead of hoping ASW fixes your execution problems, do it urself.

Seriously, it's not even that strict, considering both other FGs and BB itself, there's stricter stuff. If u definitely want to learn this link, then don't complain and practice it, actually alter your timing depending on how it's coming out now.

Lol at BlazBlue players complaining about a 2 frame link. We used to call that an easy link. :)

SolarMisae is right, there's no trick, it's a hard link (by BB standards), you just gotta grind it out and learn the timing. Alot of people that I see will also do the dash on time, and then the 2B late. Do the 2B as soon as Mu begins to slide forward for her dash.

Halcyone, the importance of this link is the only reason I didn't stop bothering. If it was just some link to up stupid damage to really-stupid damage I'd have said fuck it and settled for stupid, but this isn't just some silly loop, it's an integral link to Mu's entire game. I don't want to wait for Arc to change it because we've no idea when CS2 is coming out.

Ve, I don't know what your definition of 'we' is. As I said before, I never came across a combo in Guilty Gear that gave me this much trouble. And that's from learning the bnbs for Slayer, Order Sol, Johnny, Testament, and Zappa.

And to everyone saying 'practice more'... For the millionth time, I've been at it for /two hours straight/, at least ten times longer than ANY other combo in Mu's ENTIRE arsenal.

But hey, I am obviously doing something wrong, probably in timing when I start buffering the dash since the most common occurance is no dash at all. I don't know how that's possible because, no Halcyone, as I already said, I've been throwing the timing back and forth, and it's just been going between no dash, no 2B, or a late 2B. For me to be at it this long and still not get it the window must be about half as wide as Mu's other combos, and judging from the FAQ, I'm not the only person this link has tripped up.

Oh and the reason I'm here instead of practicing? As I already said since you're all insistant on not reading my posts, physical pain from straining to do the dashes as fast as physically possible for 2 hours. Yeah.

Look, I dont want to derail the thread more than necesary, I had problems with the link too. The way I got it to work was dissecting the move and practicing the different portions of it:

I started with jump->land->663 in all forms (standing jump, forward jump, backwards jump, HJC etc) just jumping and dashing towards the oponent. I practiced (a lot) until I could land->dash consistenly.

I then added the 2b kick to it so I practiced land->663B (wich was harder 'cos I had to keep in mind one more action). After getting it somewhat right I started incorporating the motion to CH 2B combos. And...well thats it, I cant claim to get it 100% of the time (you know...netplayer) but its more often than not. I used the same principle to learn the 632b214c omohikane ender. Perhaps this training method will work for you.

Other than that, I would recomend using the dpad for this and not the analog numb (you're fucked if you play on xbox though, so either get a stick or try the newer 360 gamepads). As many have stated before its really not that hard. Honestly If you can get the 7.2k FCC right, I dont see how you can have this link give you so much trouble.

Maybe this will help.

When you press and hold the button down, the game automatically repeats the button press for up to 5 frames. This means that if you need to perform a link (do one move right after another without using cancels), it's best to press and hold down the button a little before the exact time so you can take advantage of the advanced input.

Note that this only affects button presses so if you need to time a run after a move finishes, you will need to time it correctly without the help of Advanced Input. Advanced Input also won't help in cases where you can input a move too early.

Advanced Input is also a common reason why people who mash all the buttons accidentally burst.

When inputting directional commands like dashes and backsteps, you have a 3 frame window for starting the command. So for the last input with these types of actions (for instance, the last 4 in the command 44) it is best to hold down the last input.

What specific combo is giving you trouble with the link? I ask because if the enemy is too low or too close to Mu, you won't be able to pick them up off the floor with dash 2B. So you can't be close enough to be "inside" them with 6A, or hitting them too high. You want to be just close enough to the enemy and hit them while their sprite is somewhat above Mu's with 6A.

That link is actually part of the 7.2K Fatal, so I don't get it...

Exactly my thoughts on that...I smell bullshit lol.

But anyways Shinkada dude, this is getting ridiculous. You don't wanna listen to the advice anyone is giving you, advice from people who know wtf they're talking about. Everyone is trying to help you and all you're doing is complaining about how hard the link is...please..STOP IT. This is not that place for that. If it bothers you that much then don't play Mu. I'm serious man...if it's giving you his much of a pain, apparently REAL physical pain and you're getting this upset over it then don't play her and find a character who doesn't have a link that pisses you off like this...

Anyways, like Zeromus and Ve said....basically the 663B should all be done quickly as one input as soon as you land to be at the right distance for it to connect right. Meaning the B should be done the second she starts to slide forward. 2B has longer reach them it appears and you actually don't have to dash very deep. If it's not coming out you're doing it too early. Watch her feet carefully and wait for her to land, and the second she does is when you start doing the input.

guys don't tell him not to play her just cause he's... complaining (sorry shinkada :( ). he's just having a rough time. remember everyone has something they simply can't do regardless of how easy it is. even if he seems a hopeless case and you are annoyed just kindly point him in the right direction and leave it at that.

Shinkada l really recommend you continue this. there's no secret to this. you just have to practice. lt may take weeks, but if you're dedicated youll get it.

He's already refused practicing though. I'd really just like him to be able to understand what I said, what you said just now and everyone else has said. >.<; That there isn't a secret other then just practicing it. He said it was causing him actual physical pain though, and if thats the case he should at the very least take a break both because of that and cause he needs to calm down a little. He doesn't have to stop all together. I mean if he really does wanna play her then I encourage it but a break would probably do some good, ya know?

Anyways, Shinkada...I'm sorry if I sounded like I was flaming you...I really am not. I just want the same thing that everyone else does, to actually help you get this. I just didn't like the constant hinting that all of the advice we were giving you was useless or wasn't good enough...it really is just practicing it till it becomes muscle memory...

actual physical pain? o-oh my goodness... :v:

lunno... maybe a break is in order.

hey l got an idea shin, daydream! If you cant get a combo down l find daydreaming about it to be so fucking ridiculously epic. l mean i've found pretty crazy shit over the years using my mind and videos, including with mu. lt's like subliminal practice :D lt sounds crazy but you have to get creative. think about the combo as you go and get it down in training mode.

inb4TDlosthismarbles

Hey guys, can anyone give me some advice concerning Mu's 2B into 632146C during a corner loop or off a fatal, cause like sometimes it comes out correctly and other times it just completely flops and does a whiffing 63214C :arg:, lol so if anyone has some suggestions on how to buffer it properly I'd really appreciate it :)!

omg

(THESE QUESTIONS NEED TO BE REALLY VISIBLE BECAUSE EVERYONE KEEPS ASKING THE SAME THING.)

honestly peeps. can we look around before we ask? srsly. this question is answered in the faq thread but the trick is to input the 2b within the 632146c.

So it would be:

632b146c.

either way you go thou must practice. (l still miss alot more that l should lol)

EDIT - ninja'd

That and dash 2B are prolly the most common questions...so the FAQ for those was a good idea. :v: Might be a good idea to explain the double 6B juggle in the FAQ too...since that one is kinda finicky and might end up getting asked a lot...I'm pretty sure I asked that one not long ago myself too...