Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GenoWhirl

[CS1] μ-12 Combo Thread (Updated 10.30.10)

There's tons of things I want to reply to so I'll try to be short with each of them.

Ve: No j.2C > dash > 2B in the 7.2k. Dash 6A is easy, dash 6B is easy, j.2C 2B is easy. I guess it's the dash I'm having trouble with.

Silfer, thanks a ton. I'm not sure if it'll help but thanks for trying. I will try disecting it more, and using 2B CH will be a good place to start. I'm using the 360 pad right now, I usually use d-pads for fighters happily but it turns out the 360's pad sucks ass for half-circles so I need to use the analog. I love the look of the new pad but it's overpriced to shit. And I got 632B146C on my absolute first try, and could pull it off 100% within about 10-15 minutes. Apparently something about j.2C 66~2B just hates me.

Cor, that might help, thanks, I'll give it a try.

Zero, Challenge 10, I'm going through the challenges before I go off on my own to find bnbs I like. One of the earlier challenges had this link but I think I got away on a fluke. That or the earlier part of the combo was easy enough to get more ideal positioning on the j.2C.

Solar, I've been trying to do the 2B the INSTANT the dash begins, I haven't even been waiting for the dash because every time I do the 2B is too late (in fact it's usually late even when I don't wait for the dash). And yeah, I'm sorry for shooting down your attempts to help, but I was pissed off, in pain, and needed to vent. Also lol 90% humidity. And the whole gb2tager thing hit a nerve, the debate about whether fighting games are about strategy and reflexes or huge combos and setups is a really soft spot for me, so I apologize.

TD, don't have to apologize, you're being damn nicer than I'd expect anyone to be to me here. I dunno about your craz-uh, interesting daydream idea, but thank you regardless. :b

New day, wrist not in pain. Time to nail this fucker.

EDIT: Okay yeah it's fucking easy with the d-pad. God damnit. If only that new controller wasn't $100 here. :/

EDIT2: Okay so here's what was happening. 633B, or 63B. That's why the dash was so rarely coming out at all. I have to focus really hard on making sure the second 6 is, well, a 6. I can see why you all said it's so easy, 63B is just a really easy mistake to make on an analog and not easy to make on a d-pad, probably not on a stick either. Combined with being new with both analogs and with mid-combo dashing with a non-step-dasher, yeah, bad, bad combination.

My pad also seems to be more sensitive to up/down than it is left/right, I've noticed this before with how easy it is to accidently jump during half circles. Might try adjusting the axis ratio thingy.

I guess that's what I get for practicing in Challenge mode instead of Training mode. Lesson learned.

Anyway thanks everyone for your help, sorry for complaining/raging/etc, and maybe you could add this to list of possible causes for screwing it up in the FAQ.

Been looking for combos off 6b, liked this one enough to post, only tested on Ragna, probably works on Tager and Hakumen as well, other then that good luck with the second 6b.

6139 damage

Requires corner and 65 heat (Full combo earns 35 heat to use omohikane)

[2b] pickup only after j.2c

6b>SoD.1(RC)>6b>{([2b]5c>2c>j.c>j.2c)x2}>2b>(5b where applicable)>Omohikane

Sorry if this is a repost.

I figured 65/66 heat isn't too high of a requirement, I tried it in a game with Gamma, successfully implemented it when I was trapped in the corner. Jumpout>Crossup j.b(blocked)>6b

I tried all forms and applications of the 2b>6a>j.c>j.2c loop, but it would drop midair, I didn't try 2b>j.2c>2b though, trying now.

Been looking for combos off 6b, liked this one enough to post, only tested on Ragna, probably works on Tager and Hakumen as well, other then that good luck with the second 6b.

6139 damage

Requires corner and 65 heat (Full combo earns 35 heat to use omohikane)

[2b] pickup only after j.2c

6b>SoD.1(RC)>6b>{([2b]5c>2c>j.c>j.2c)x2}>2b>(5b where applicable)>Omohikane

Sorry if this is a repost.

Do the brackets around 2B mean it's optional? The combo itself looks great, but the notation has me a little confused right now.

Sorry, I have a mindblock reading loops, so I tend to notate them oddly.

2b after j.2c, but not after 6b

Sorry, I have a mindblock reading loops, so I tend to notate them oddly.

2b after j.2c, but not after 6b

Since it's already in the corner, would it be better to change 5C - 2C (After the first one) to just 6A? I'm thinking that may allow another loop, but I'm not sure about it.

Another loop doesn't come out, I tried every combination in the book, you get 2-1/2 loops, it's techable after the third j.C. Because only two loops are possible, use the most damaging one.

Yeah that combo was on the main post, guess I didn't see it.

Found a useless one, but it's very flashy :8/:

Midscreen~

5865 damage, requires 7 heat pre-combo to end with Omohikane (gains 43)

Jump in j.b, NOPE, FAKEOUT j.4D(charged)

Land > 6b (stein hits after second hit) > 5c > 2c > 6c> 214d (HIT, NO WHIFFS HERE) > 6B > 6A > j.c > j.2c > 2b > (5b) > SUPAR

Yeah I'm tired.

l do 6a j2c 2b 6a j2c 2b 6a jc j2c quite abit actually. lt allows for 3 loops and a bit more damsge and heat.

Well I just tested for the fourth time, taking proration into account, it looks like you can actually do

6b > sod1.RC > 6b > 66a > j.c > j.2c > 2b > 6a > j.2c > 2b > 6a > j.c > j.2c> 2b > 5b > Omohikane

6188 requires 63 heat

HOWEVER

It is 5:30 am, and I am near delirious for loss of sleep, so I'm probably hallucinating, if anyone could check this combo, I would greatly appreciate it.

Actually that Jumpin 4[D] fake out would be pretty good during oki situations if you've been using 5D>6D>236D>Dash j5D.

To tell the truth I was making up combos on the fly trolling Ranked, and that one actually worked, so I optimized it in training mode.

Here's a nice throw combo, if you don't want to learn that 214D whiff stuff:

Throw, dash 6A, 6B, 5C, 6C, 6D, 9JC jB, jC, j2C

If you can 6A/B on everyone, this is a nice easy alternative. Can stop at 6C for oki (~2.4) or do an air combo (~2.9k) that still gives you a stein and a low airdash for oki. Sometimes I've been able to get the 6D laser to hit them during the combo to make the damage 3k, but I'm not sure what the timing is yet.

Edit: If you use 2D instead of 6D, the laser will hit no problem, but whether that's the best stein position is up to you.

Edit 2: Ugh now I can't get the 2D laser to hit lol. Gonna have to work on this more...maybe something like 2D, air combo, 4D airdash or 6D airdash would be good, 2 steins and j2C oki with airdash...

Well I just tested for the fourth time, taking proration into account, it looks like you can actually do

6b > sod1.RC > 6b > 66a > j.c > j.2c > 2b > 6a > j.2c > 2b > 6a > j.c > j.2c> 2b > 5b > Omohikane

6188 requires 63 heat

HOWEVER

It is 5:30 am, and I am near delirious for loss of sleep, so I'm probably hallucinating, if anyone could check this combo, I would greatly appreciate it.

I just checked this Cor and it indeed works on male characters. On females you should do 6B > SoD > RC > 6B > dash 6A > jC, j2C, 2B, 6A, 2C, jC, j2C, 2B, 632146C for 29 meter gain and 4.2/5.9k damage (requires 71 meter to super). If you know you won't gain enough meter for the super, just do the male version minus 2B > 5B > super for 4.4k damage on everyone.

New 214D bomb midscreen high damage combo:

214D (explosion), (dash) 6B, (dash) 6A, JC j2C, dash 2B, 6A, 6C, 214D (whiff), dash 6A, (delay) 6B...(builds 19 heat)

...6A, JC jC, j2C (4.6k, j2C oki, builds 21 heat)

...632146C (5.9k, requires 50 meter)

Trying to see if I can end it with 6C for 6C oki option...but dat damage.

Also high 6C oki (for 5D 6D etc) from a grab:

Throw, dash 2B, 5C, 6C, 214D (whiff), dash 2B, 5C, 6C... (2.2k)

I just checked this Cor and it indeed works on male characters. On females you should do 6B > SoD > RC > 6B > dash 6A > jC, j2C, 2B, 6A, 2C, jC, j2C, 2B, 632146C for 29 meter gain and 4.2/5.9k damage (requires 71 meter to super). If you know you won't gain enough meter for the super, just do the male version minus 2B > 5B > super for 4.4k damage on everyone.

2b alone maybe invalid because jin recovers way too fast and WoD missed lol

6b SoD RC 6b 66a j5c j2c , 2b 6a j5c j2c 2b 632146c (5822 dmg) 72 heat required

funny how this one works on everyone lol

I know CS1 is almost over, but here's a little variation on the 3C, 2B...bnb combo. You know the combo starting from 3C only, where you can go into 6D JC jBC2C, dash 2B, 5C, 6C bomb? Well this is the same thing, but you end at j2C. It works even if you start with (jB/C) 2A, 2B, 3C.

2A, 2B, 3C, 2B, 5C, 6C, 6D, 9JC, (delay) jB, jC, j2C...

You can set up orbs or airdash away afterwards. On some characters you may land right after the j2C depending on how much you had to delay jB. But with something like 5D, 6D after the j2C, you can have 3 orbs set up with a perfect "zig-zag" motion.

Hey guys, long time no see.

Quick question:

Any gold burst combos for Mu?, will it be worth developing one come CS2 (what with all those changes to gold burst proration and stuff)?

I have heard for Tsubaki that some 6B's in combos do not work.

CH 2C > Dash 6B > Dash 6A > j.2C > Dash 2B > 6A > 6C > 214D Whiff > Dash 6A > 6B > 6A > j.C > j.2C (3.6K)

Above is a Anti-Air combo from Page 1; does that first 6B work on Tsubaki?

It works on her, but it's finicky. 6B juggles and habacan combos get really finicky on much of the cast, but they do still work. Personally, because of the number of variables involved, when I'm fighting those characters I usually opt for a different combo.

Hey guys, long time no see.

Quick question:

Any gold burst combos for Mu?, will it be worth developing one come CS2 (what with all those changes to gold burst proration and stuff)?

well i know u can gold burst after 214d with stein in a combo but they are kind of useless but the style points are awesome

for example

C6 Fatal, 5d, 214d ,gold burst ,6b , stuff

im sure this will work in CS2

or u can try j2c rapid after the corner bnb

after j2c, rapid, gold burst wait WOD

Any time you use 6A in a combo it can be jump canceled into a "Tk" Gold Burst if you will.

2b alone maybe invalid because jin recovers way too fast and WoD missed lol

6b SoD RC 6b 66a j5c j2c , 2b 6a j5c j2c 2b 632146c (5822 dmg) 72 heat required

funny how this one works on everyone lol

You can fit a 2b>6a>j2c in there between the j.5c reps. I'm not sure why but moving it to the beginning or the end of the reps makes it drop, but in the middle it works, adds ~300 damage.

Double gold burst combo, can omit either or. Prepping for cs2 :O

6c > 6d > (delay) Tk Gold burst > 6a > Tk Gold burst > 6a > shennanigans

You can 6b after the first burst then 214d, the explosion off the first 6d will hit, you can also 6b > Blessed Mirror > gold burst and lots of other things.

6a > Gold burst will combo on standing non CH, due to the extra hitstun on 6a and the fact that gold burst can be used during (read: ignoring) jump startup.

(still CS1 stuff :( )

So I don't remember ever seeing this or hearing about it, sorry if it's already known but doesn't look like it... you know when you have a lot of heat, your opponent is in the corner, and you're sure he'll be barely alive after the omohikane?

Basically, you replace a rep of the corner loop by 2B> 5C> 6C> 6D> 632146D> 6B. You have to jump back when you jump cancel the 6A so that 6C will connect, and it's really situational, but it's a situation that tends to happen every now and then. I don't know if there's a way for this to work CS2, haven't seen it yet, but maybe it's just because it was never worth it or the player didn't know about it.

examples :

3C> 2B> 6A> jump back> j.C> j.2C> 2B> 5C> 6C> 6D> 632146D> 6B> 6A> 2C> j.C> j.2C> 2B> 5B> 632146C (requires corner and 61 heat, 6232)

grab> 6A> 2C> jump back> j.C> j.2C> 2B> 5C> 6C> 6D> 632146D> 6B> 632146C (corner 72 heat, 5109)

Another use of too much meter is when you land FC no charge SoD midscreen and rapid immediately (ex: after a 3C on a conditioned opponent or when making a gap to punish mashing or just so you don't get punished because that shit is so unsafe point blank). Anyways, rapid and mash 5C it stops the opponent from being knocked fullscreen and you can combo.

(fatal) SoD (any level)> RC> 5C> 6C> 6D> 632146D> dash 6B> dash 6A> j.2C> dash 2B> (assuming in corner now) 6A> j.C> j.2C> 2B> 6A> j.C> j.2C (midscreen 95 heat, 5.5k for level 1 SoD, 6.2k for max charge)

Also, slightly retarded, but I made a combo that 1-shots carl. Requires 4 steins, corner, point blank fatal fully charged sod, ideal placement so all lasers hit (opponent about 2 character widths away from the corner), 100 meter and it eventually blue beats, but it's still 9.5k. Oh it doesn't imply danger mode though, that's the thing, it exists (is there another one like this?). If you switch the end for something "legit" it becomes 9k-ish, so it's still huge, but not a 1-shot.

SoD fully charged> 632146D> (all lasers hit, 5.6k here) 6B> 6A> j.C> j.2C> 2B> 6A> j.C> j.2C> 2B> 6A> j.B> j.C> jc> dj.C> dj.2C> rapid> air grab. 9519

question time : combos that start with a gold burst. I'm sure the midscreen one I use isn't the best (burst> 6B> dash 6A> j.2C> dash 2B> 5C> 6C> XD> SoD or Oki, does about 2k). Is there this awesome one I don't know about? Should be really similar (for midscreen) in CS2, right?

You can do 6a > 6b > 6a > 6c > 214d(w) > 6a > 6b > wall reps for pretty optimal damage after gold.

As for completely top end damage, I sometimes style with Sod4 [fatal](RC) > Sod4 > 6b > 6a > 6b > 6a > 6c > 214d whiff > 6b > blessed mirror (9 hits) > 6b > Omohikane I forget how much damage it does though.

If you're near the corner and want really strong oki, the same 7JC you mentioned earlier 2b > 6a > 7JC > j.c > j.2c > 2b > 5c > 6c > 5d > j.b > j.c > j.2c > 2d > 236d meterless.