Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GenoWhirl

[CS1] μ-12 Combo Thread (Updated 10.30.10)

To what extent can the drive be used in combos? Is it purely a zoning tool or are there instances where it can be used to continue an otherwise unfollowable move?

The only real drive in combo use I got was on 2 combos (One I just tried out now)

Anything 6C 2D jump cancel, the j.b j.c jump cancel the steiner hits allowing the second j.c j.2C

If you have a steiner set up 3/4th screen, and land CH 2C. wait for character to begin descent and do 214D to explode, follow up with combo. (Currently trying to get a better version of this)

Heroic: 2D combos are under revision and need more testing. Wonky 2D. 2DD is jcable and new fc corner combo for 6.4k

FC combo: 63214c full charge, 6a 2c j.2c 2b 5c 2c j.c j.2c 2b 5c 6c 5d 632146c 6.4k

To Rageru - Heroic says, "They both go through and hit the opponent."

It's the only projectiles they 'lose' to (besides Haku's void).

I need a new cpu >.>

2D combos are legit. But they are the hardest fucking jump cancel moves I've ever done. I get it like 3/10 times. Good thing Steiner's cover my combo dropping ass.

Regarding this combo...

6C > Furu no Tsurugi > Dash > 6B > Dash > 5C > 2C > j.2C > Dash > 2B > 5C > 6C > 6D > Yata no Kagami > 6C > Omohikane (6538 damage, 100 Meter required)

Can't you make it longer than that? After Yata no Kagami, go Dash > 6B > 5C > 2C > j.C > j.2C > 2B > 5C > 2C > j.C > j.2C > 2B > Omohikane

Since my copy hasn't arrived yet, could you test it for me Heroic?

I would assume that the tech window becomes too big for that, seeing as the 3rd rep of her loop whiffs after j.C

Unless you are counting the beginning, then it's only twice. Even if you count, you can always only do it once and then finish with Omohikane.

I tried a couple variations. None of them work. I'd actually save the 50 meter from the end of the combo and set up more orbs than do more damage.

I tried a couple variations. None of them work. I'd actually save the 50 meter from the end of the combo and set up more orbs than do more damage.

Is that so? Too bad.

Just to make sure, were you close to the corner by the time you used Yata no Kagami?

Is that so? Too bad.

Just to make sure, were you close to the corner by the time you used Yata no Kagami?

The combo is meant to be a midscreen combo. Which it is. Just very space dependant.

The combo is meant to be a midscreen combo. Which it is. Just very space dependant.

Yes, I know.

Oh well. :/

I've been wondering, if you detonate 2 Steiners if they're in the same spot, Can they take away 2 Guard Primers at once if they are blocking?

5c/2c combos into 6c on crouching, good to know for abare.

bc 63214c, 3k'ish, I presume this is unburstable like Lambda's bc 632146d.

6c wallbounce combos into 214d, dependent on stein positioning obviously, but reasonably lenient. Follow up with 5c 2c air combo, or simply 632146c.

Normal 6b > 623c, nothing special but better than nothing for no meter, and blasts them away so you can set up steins.

CH 6b > 5a 5b 5c 63214c combos, might as well if you have no meter for super

Normals that are jump cancellable on block: 5a, 6a, 5b, 2c. 2c being jump cancellable seems pretty useful, could be a good way to end blockstrings, iad back + steins, instant j.2c, whatever.

PS: 6D > 5D > 2D > j.D doesn't gattling properly. It seems like you can only gattling one grounded D move into another one, max of 2. Since 2d is jump cancellable it's a natural choice for the second one. Nevertheless, if you do 6d 5d, you won't be able to gattling that 5d into 2d.

Anyone know if the second hit in Mu's overhead is unsafe on block, or can you cancel into something else like steins?