Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinjin

[SWEDEN] GG.se! RanBats, Community & Vids! The "Too Famous"-community!

GG Singles 1. Lazze / Sol-Badguy (FIN) 2. Oro / Potemkin (FRA) 3. Xzi / Jam (SWE) 4. Kekken / Zappa (SLO) GG Team 1. La Cruelle, Coungster / Joe Higashi / Oro (FRA) 2. Im Caer, Bitch, Who the fuck are you?, Caer / Xzi / Shinjin (SWE) 3. Whatever, pretty random, Lazze / Lari / Starfire (FIN) 4. Bullshit warehouse, Mio / Tsiisus / cube-m (FIN) also Sweden got raped in the Sweden vs. Europe Team-Battle looking forward to see ATG crush Xzi in the Sweden vs. Europe Team-Battle (well done brother) congrats to Xzi for placing as the best swedish guy (and best jam^^) also congrats to my brother coungster, joe higashi and oro boo for no german player in the top 4 ^_~ MATCHVIDS WANT !

@ xeno -_- @ all those that were w/ me present in the Holy GG land someplace in middle of nowhere Hell yeah, awesome WE. *writes 10 pages more of hype + stuff I got to see best Slayer, best Sol, best Jam (and he aint from germany:kitty: ), best eddie and so on in action. 1 word. B-L-I-S-S Looking forward to next Showdown. Keep the quality and all is well. If it aint bad, dont improve it! Well ... if you do wanna make it even bigger, go get some japanese or americans! :kitty: PS. Omg, sweden is in same league like rest of EU. Sux as bad as rest of europe. :keke: j/k Looking forward to next event w/ hopefully all the same heads that attended Showdown. We all need more chara VS exp. ... PS2 Noooooooooooo, very sad that background noise was not captured. :gonk: Noise was of epic proportion. PS3. I normally dont write a post after attending a event. So this post speaks for itself. ;)

This was the best european event in the history of guilty gear so far, excellent players, excellent casuals, and lots of fun. crazy tournament with many upsets. 1v1 tourney: kekken defeating caer, xzi defeating cuongster, lazze winning, which probably surprised many people, except me & acd, who knew how good he is. i got wiped out by oro (potemkin) in singles, destroyed by my own impatience (and pot vs. chipp in general, heh). Team battle went ok - we lost to lazze's team, last match was me vs. him, i don't remember much, but it was probably not too spectacular. the europe vs. sweden big team tournament was also epic - that was actually the opener to the whole tournament, and the crowd went totally nuts. french started singing every other match. i got sent in really late and wiped out xzi (ja), then got defeated by shinjin (ba), who in turn got defeated by Millia(guess what char he plays), for the win. Caer lost to mitsurugi after a lenghty winning streak. Cuongster, Lazze & others did not have to play. vids should be a lot of fun to watch - too bad the crowd noise will be missing.

Cuongster, Lazze & others did not have to play.

vids should be a lot of fun to watch - too bad the crowd noise will be missing.

Lazze did play. Pink (I approve :yaaay: ) Anji. One of his junk characters I think (probably didnt want to show his real characters :keke:). Forgot who kicked him off.

Actually, most of the background noise was captured :eng101:

Aaanyways

Thanks to everybody who attended to make this MOST AWESOME EURO GG EVENT EVAR!

First of, the average skill level was much, much better compared to other tourneys I've been to. I think a lot of players got quite surprised at how good everyone was. I won my pool in the singles tourney and in the team tourney I got ocv'd by the same people. Crazy :psyduck:

For one with so few matchup experiences as me this was really valuable. Playing all different chars with all different styles really forcing you to think and rethink what you do and why you do it - cruise control killed you fast.

Lazze was awesome.

The french were equally awesome, bursting into the french national anthem time and time again during epic matches. Everybody really bought into the hype - it was amazing to see (and hear). And the story of their epic lunch will be retold many times.

The french and germans FRC'd a zebra crossing to have one final group picture with us taken by a top tier random passerby.

My only complaint was that I didn't get to play everyone I wanted to play against in casuals. On the other hand that was basically everybody who attended

3. Whatever, pretty random, Lazze / Lari / Starfire (FIN)

4. Bullshit warehouse, Mio / Tsiisus / cube-m (FIN)

A small mistake here. I played in Team Bullshit Warehouse, and Mio played in "Whatever, pretty random, shrug". So the correct top 4 is:

1. La Cruelle, Coungster / Joe Higashi / Oro (FRA)

2. Im Caer, Bitch, Who the fuck are you?, Caer / Xzi / Shinjin (SWE)

3. Whatever, pretty random, shrug, Lazze / Lari / Mio (FIN)

4. Bullshit warehouse, Starfire / Tsiisus / cube-m (FIN)

Too FAMOUS ! Jag vill ligga med dig ! Nothing more to add, this sums it all. Well maybe yes there is. That was the best event I had the pleasure to go, really cool people, nice and welcoming, high level competition, the place was nice with a fridge, micro-wave and stuff allowing us to eat some weird stuff in front of the amazed eyes of our Northerner bros. And definitely a lot of HYPE. I second your last comment Nehle, it is a shame I didn't get to play against everyone in casual play too, including Lazze, Xzi, you and many others. Too bad we had to backdash cancel early Sunday and end this lovely trip to Sweden in order to go back to our everyday life (boo, working is unhealthy). French kisses to all !

Today was such an unfamous day, remembering of how much that event was crazy and crying all the way... I'm gonna miss you so much. Hope to meet you soon again ;) ps: The to famous "road to sweden" will be avaible soon. Be ready.

This was a truly awesome event, I just loved everyone and everything that happened! Shotouts to the french (too many so I'll just take the french today): Nooj >> You're such a great guy, really fun, solid venom, lots of love! I will never forget how you said "Thank you, you are toptier" to random people on the street that were so kind to take our grouppicutre. Thank you for teaching me some french too :keke: Neithan >> My love! I will be waiting for you in my cottage! Bring romantic candles and lets run away from our girlfriends together :kitty: Cuongster >> Great guy, awesome player. Too bad I had to organize so much so we couldn't play more than 10 matches. Thank you for saying im the BESTBAIKENINEUROPE, I still think Mio is about as good as I am, we only have completly different playstyles. and: Baykou >> You're so funny!!! Loved watching you play and talking to you. You have a solid-game with baiken overall, just learn those Big-Combos okay ;) ThankYou for saying im the BESTBAIKENINEUROPE too ;) Joe Higashi >> Great guy! We both laughed so hard and got so into our matches when we played. Nice speaking som japanese with you too, both your chipp and your japanese is rock-solid with good sense! Hope you write a awesome article about the event for Tougeki-damashii :keke: Oro >> Too handsome! Your reversal -> 90% combo shit killed my spirit, touché my friend! Tou fucking ché! :keke: Millia >> Trop fameux! Really funny guy! Looking forward to the video!! 03:45 Bigteam sleepyShinjin wasn't enough to beat you and your spirit-squad of french people! I got you in the singles-tournament and in casuals though :keke: Get better with those combos and it will be good games all around! As a person though, you are toptier! Mitsurugi >> You're awesome! Solid and good Johnny but i'm afraid I was trop fameux! for you in GG! Loved watching you during bigteam, I started rooting for you :kitty: Coolest guy! And funny too! Mixing soup and dessert? wtf? :kitty: Snus is fruity and tastes like orange? wtf? :kitty::) :) :) :) Ryukim >> I can only say one thing: Le pif de dragon! --- Just have to say Mio, you are great! We played really tight in casuals and you have a more solid high/low/throw-mindgame than I have. Hope I'll hear from you soon! --- Full results too be posted soon! Just had to post this first :kitty:

Vids from top16-singles and top8-teams will be posted in this post! stay tuned for updates! First up:

Xzi (ja) vs Cuongster (ed) - from top16 singles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hdCBd_QX_w

2nd up:

Kekken (za) vs Mitsurugi (jo) - from top16 singles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqf_mekgzbY

3rd up:

Nehle (di) vs Champion (so) - from top16 singles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2nW8gOt4Ag

4th up:

chunl1 (di) vs Lazze (so) - from team quarterfinal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq02rbi-nVU

None of these matches have audience-sounds! Wait for downloadable version of top8 of singles and top4 of teams! Also note, only a few of the top16 / team-matches were recorded, this was just because of me starting the recording at random and people ended up playing on that TV (with ALOTof peoplevwatching, especially Xzi vs Cuong)

woho :D Let me know on msn when they are downloadable;) Btw. Damn wimp.. Didn't want the battle of the beer?

Vids from top16-singles and top8-teams will be posted in this post!

Kekken (za) vs Mitsurugi (jo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqf_mekgzbY

Great job Mitsurugi :D I really liked the way you worked this match. You had a good game going, even though it looked like your nerves were getting to you a little when Kekken had you under some good Zappa pressure. Really, I think that the dog bite in the corner is what did you in. I really liked the whole "tech trap-airthrow-mist" setup, major props for getting it in as much as you did. Also, I just really liked the way you moved during the match, like when you dashed, your spacing, use of double-hops. All good. Again, I think you did a great job, I wish my Johnny was as good ^^

Holy shit, I am very impressed! Awaiting more videos :3 Damn, I thought Nehle had that first game and the whole set for sure, looks like tourney nerves got to him :psyduck: Xzi vs Coungster was too exciting. Did anything besides tourney get recorded?

Damn, I thought Nehle had that first game and the whole set for sure, looks like tourney nerves got to him :psyduck:

Yea, failing to get that knockdown (I did 6P > 2H > 236H, should have done 5H > 236H) screwed me up in that round. I just got desperate trying to land a final hit and shit like that doesn't fly against players like Champion.

The match after that I got pretty confident though, but in the end nerves failed me again with a retard panic burst and Champion realizing just how effective WT is against me, even though I tried to backstep it at every opportunity (which is just as bad. I got fucked up by another player who would feint dash in WT and then toss out VV or TR instead).

But, eh, you're only as good as your nerves allow you to be, and Champion is a great player

Xzi vs Coungster was too exciting.

Yea, I guess he wanted payback for that IK. "This is rare footage of Xzi actually angry". Though you can't really tell if he is, he always looks calm and/or concentrated

Did anything besides tourney get recorded?

Just a few casuals with cuongster

I had to be there.:( Congrat for all players and thanks for the first Vids.

@ Slovenia crew dammit, write something so I know youre still alive :keke: Champ, that bad cold, sore throat better not have killed you. you have unfinished business in GG :) Get well, better soon

Heh, it's about time we write something, yeah. ;) I'd like to thank to everyone who played against me. I had some awesome matches with you, Caer, Lazze, Cuongster, Koji, Oro, Ryukim, Mitsurugi, and so on. I'm upset I didn't get to play more people, but oh well. We had to leave pretty early the next day after the turnament. And my biggest problem was my health, by having almost NO voice at all, some ear pain and so on.. dammit. >_> I felt so out of energy. But the next day after the turnament I felt better and played better too. In the turnament I made some unnecessary input errors and such. Hype was strong, I was pretty nervous too and forgot to do some new things that I was thinking about before. At the and I lost to Lazze. He played very well, safe. I didn't adjust well my playstyle to play against him. And I hate mirror matches too. ;p Great performance by him (and by Nehle and Steph, I barely beat you guys) All in all it was AWESOME and I'm waiting for the next big european event. Hope to see you guys soon (and that I come in a healthy state). ;)

Second batch.

1st up

Mitsurugi (jo) vs Joe Higashi (ch) - Team,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9EAgpIqMeU

(Mitsurugi last man of 'LOUISE XVI' vs Joe Higashi, first one up in 'Le Cruelle')

2nd up

Ryukim (so) vs Joe Higashi (ch) - Team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfOZXbnl_rk

(Ryukim last man of 'Novice Team' vs Joe Higashi, first one up in 'Le Cruelle')

SINGLES TOURNAMENT, FULLRESULTS!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

New vid and links changed to be approved by Hellmonkey. (sorry for missing a hitconfirm)

7th up

Shinjin (ba) vs Caer (te) - from top16 singles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZIZ2vc47uE&fmt=18

sadly only one match is available, please enjoy the showtime that was to be Shinjin vs Caer, Showdown-style! Cuongster went "wow!!!!" :psyduck:

--------

Xzi (ja) vs Cuongster (ed) - from top16 singles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hdCBd_QX_w&fmt=18

2nd up:

Kekken (za) vs Mitsurugi (jo) - from top16 singles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqf_mekgzbY&fmt=18

3rd up:

Nehle (di) vs Champion (so) - from top16 singles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2nW8gOt4Ag&fmt=18

4th up:

chunl1 (di) vs Lazze (so) - from team quarterfinal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq02rbi-nVU&fmt=18

5th up

Mitsurugi (jo) vs Joe Higashi (ch) - Team,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9EAgpIqMeU&fmt=18

(Mitsurugi last man of 'LOUISE XVI' vs Joe Higashi, first one up in 'Le Cruelle')

6th up

Ryukim (so) vs Joe Higashi (ch) - Team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfOZXbnl_rk&fmt=18

(Ryukim last man of 'Novice Team' vs Joe Higashi, first one up in 'Le Cruelle')

--------------------

Singles may be released downloadable within a day, next up is gg-team (I think). Bigteam will be edited too, but the file is HUUUUGEE so it might take a while.