Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aqua

is dizzy alive?

I have that part on 'lock' here in the 808, lol.

Last time I checked a tier list, AC :DI: was/is at C-Tier.

Not the overall, player tier list at the top of the forum, the individual ones with character abilities and descriptions at near the middle of the first page:

* Max damage B: Bubble combo is her strongest. Damage ranges between 50% and somewhere between 70 and 80%. Doesn't get the opportunity to land this combo much though.

* Average Damage C: A hit -> ground gatling typically results in about 30% damage.

* Pokes B: Dizzy has lots of options here, the variety makes up for the particular weaknesses of the individual pokes, Grade reflects the overall ability of all her pokes taken together.

* Pressure/Lockdown B+: Rather than pressure, you should be thinking more about mixups. She can't do the ??? special anymore, plus she doesn't raise the guard bar much. Nothing really special here. [??? I hate names, so I won't bother guessing. Setup for Slash Dizzy was Ice Spike, P Fish, Scythe, Spear, K Bubble -> Followup. Follow up being

1) air dash j.P,j.P, j.H (high),

2) (land) 2D xx Ice Spike FRC -> combo (low hit),

3) (land) dash up throw]

[by nothing really special here, I think it's compared to what it used to be. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx43R86GnTw, see round 4, starts at 2:27 or so]

* Mixups A: Throw range [Longer than usual], Double airdash can setup 50/50's, lots of options and [renkei] is strong.

* Okizeme A: Loopability, Damage, difficulty for opponent to block properly. Dizzy's oki is strong in all of these categories.

* Against ground C: Not good. j.K has a crazy hitbox, but not much downwards coverage, j. 2S, Dizzy's hitbox is a lot bigger than her attack's hitbox.

* Anti-air B: 2S is pretty good. But that alone isn't what makes her AA strong. j. P, Ice Spear, and Air throw should all be used liberally.

* Breaking out of Pressure D: Given rating reflects the fact that although Dizzy's counterattack options are poor, it's easy for her to run away. In terms of actual counter attack options, her best are the unreliable Imperial Ray [disappears if Dizzy gets hit, trades poorly], Necro Coffin Super, and close S.

* Defense E: Takes extra damage, easy to dizzy, no guts, and has a big hitbox.

* In general B: Bubble makes for a great deterrent. Add to that her double air dash which gives her good mobility, and Imperial Ray can be used if she wants to create some distance.

* Overall Rank D: Weaker character, hard to win with

* Good matchups: Probably Potemkin. Dizzy should do well against Testament too. [Guess] Anyone else she can get set up on easily.

* Bad matchups: Chipp, Ky, Faust, + characters who specialize in mid range combat.

I consider this a more accurate description for the character, because tier lists these days fluctuate more on player skill than the character, IMO.

IIRC, the character assessments/descriptions were opinions taken from a Japanese BBS/blog and posted long before the reference in the May 08 issue of Tougeki Damashi which lists the 'current' tier listing at the top of the page. Granted, the assessment/description puts her at D-Rank in regard to her overall ability, the tier lists put her at C-Rank instead. Yes, it is still a low (possibly average or slightly lower) ranking, but it doesn't seem as bad when compared to her SLASH incarnation which probably was her worst outing. DI's abilities in AC are improved to some extent since SLASH and for the most part are better as well, though there are a few faults. One thing against DI in AC are matchups that have her at a disadvantage from the get-go and that she really has to work for a favorable scenario in order to be effective. In terms of a base ability assessment, I probably would be inclined to agree with what is listed (save overall ranking, lol) but is the assessment list truly definitive in covering all bases? Regardless of what the assessment list ranks her at, player skill/ability can possibly compensate for any shortcomings she may have. Since the assessment/description ranking differs from the tier list ranking (both don't seem to corrolate to each other, probably because of differing criteria to determine the overall result) it could be argued to where DI is truely at on the tier list. IMO, I think DI is at C-Rank because of her matchups which is a likely result of her abilities at work, pending player influence. Compared to the other chars, it isn't that bad of a placement, but it isn't that good of one either, lol.

IIRC, the character assessments/descriptions were opinions taken from a Japanese BBS/blog and posted long before the reference in the May 08 issue of Tougeki Damashi which lists the 'current' tier listing at the top of the page. Granted, the assessment/description puts her at D-Rank in regard to her overall ability, the tier lists put her at C-Rank instead. Yes, it is still a low (possibly average or slightly lower) ranking, but it doesn't seem as bad when compared to her SLASH incarnation which probably was her worst outing. DI's abilities in AC are improved to some extent since SLASH and for the most part are better as well, though there are a few faults. One thing against DI in AC are matchups that have her at a disadvantage from the get-go and that she really has to work for a favorable scenario in order to be effective. In terms of a base ability assessment, I probably would be inclined to agree with what is listed (save overall ranking, lol) but is the assessment list truly definitive in covering all bases? Regardless of what the assessment list ranks her at, player skill/ability can possibly compensate for any shortcomings she may have.

Since the assessment/description ranking differs from the tier list ranking (both don't seem to corrolate to each other, probably because of differing criteria to determine the overall result) it could be argued to where DI is truely at on the tier list.

IMO, I think DI is at C-Rank because of her matchups which is a likely result of her abilities at work, pending player influence. Compared to the other chars, it isn't that bad of a placement, but it isn't that good of one either, lol.

That's what I'm saying. I believe the assessment to be correct and the information, while compiled off of a blog is pretty inarguable. I do believe she has improved from Slash, but I still think her rank is D-class. I don't understand your reasoning that she should be C-class due to her match-ups because she only has two or three, and they are still only 4.5. - 5.5.

I believe the reference in the May 08 issue of Tougeki Damashi takes into account player ability, as well as "base character". With a good player, anything is possible. I'm speaking of the base Dizzy.

Don't get me wrong. I love Dizzy and I'm not hating; I really do think that based on the character and what she has to work with, she's D-class.

Tier lists never take player ability into account. They only describe that character's potential. A tier list that would take player ability into account would make no sense whatsoever. Edit: Also my Dizzy is alive and has just returned from kicking ass in China :I:

Tier lists never take player ability into account. They only describe that character's potential. A tier list that would take player ability into account would make no sense whatsoever.

Edit: Also my Dizzy is alive and has just returned from kicking ass in China :I:

Well then, what exactly made the tier list change the rankings between the issues of Tougeki Damashi? Did players witness some sort of potential in Dizzy's arsenal that wasn't noticed before? Because the ability list seemed to have summed it up from what I've seen so far?

Furthermore, what is your opinion on the ranking of the character?

IMO, I think DI is at C-Rank because of her matchups which is a likely result of her abilities at work, pending player influence.

I meant to say something along the lines of "DI's abilities within a matchup puts her at C-Rank" when I typed out that weirdly worded part, lol.

Looking at DI's specials moveset, which mainly consists of projectiles, it suggests that she is a char that plays a 'zoning' game. In a matchup, this means she plays best at controlling space with projectile summons while maintaining distance. Against most chars, she can keep them at bay with zoning to an extent, but some chars can get around that easily by means of mobility or by ranged attacks that can nullify her summon tactics. The scenario in a matchup in which DI will suffer the most is when she is put on the defensive at close range because of the few options she has while under pressure to get out coupled along with having a low defense modifier that makes her succeptable to high damage.

I think DI's potential is within her okizeme setups and mixups off of a KD, mainly due to the variations of followup options she has. This is probably the one scenario in which DI can go on the offensive and still be somewhat 'safe' in the process. Also in some cases, her setups can nullify possible counter attacks and create opportunities for more damage potential. The likely result from oki to mixup is another KD that resets into another oki to mixup and repeats until the opponents' char is defeated. DI's oki and followup variability gives her a chance against chars that have abusable BS crap at their disposal by giving DI access to a situation that she can exploit in her favor.

In relation to the other chars and their abilities, I still think DI is at C-Rank, mainly because of the potential of her oki setups and mixups. While tier lists reference a char's base potential, it ultimately comes down to player ability to utilize that char's potential to the fullest extent and to their advantage.

And finally, Welcome back from China! Nehle and :DI: lol.

anyone seen a pro dizzy play with a totally different strategy?ever seen a dude just rush down the opponent throughout the match?

Speaking of Dizzy, there is a bunch of new awesome Kazuki vids. <3

Seconded

Well fellahs, you might have a new Dizzy on your hands. I finally have the chance to actually play this game in depth (Normally, we play dozens upon dozens of fighting games at my friend's house, and oddly enough, we don't play Guilty Gear Accent Core as much even though it's one of the friend's favorite fighting game). Anyhow, I'm considering maining Dizzy. I've learned some simple combos (6P, 5S, 5S, 5HS, 234HS being one I use regularly, though, not as effective I'm sure as some of the other combos she has I'm sure, but you gotta start somewhere). Anyhow, I'm still having a bit of trouble understanding some concepts with her and how she plays, but that's a part of learning I suppose.

Dizzy is a fun character to learn the game with. I learned both GG and fighting games in general with her, and it forced me to learn about things like okizeme, meaty attacks, tick throws, and mixup much sooner, because you really can't run around and carelessly push buttons with her and expect to not get smacked in the face.

Fortunately this forum has some nice resources like this: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3473

I started with XX Ky, then moved to Dizzy at the end of #Reload. But honestly, every character is fun once you know them. ^^ Always good to see new Dizzy players here though. Don't be afraid to ask anything, this forum may be rather dead, but at least I still play very much.

i started with Guilty Gear in AC, and after some searching i decided to use Dizzy because i was a masochist. I still play a little Guilty but i almost have no time to practice, and if your playing Dizzy you have to practice everyday because her execution can be pretty demanding

Now that I have been practicing with Dizzy a lot. I am starting to become a threat to a lot of people which is good because I am finally getting her stuff down. I have only been using her for almost 4 weeks now and still trying to get the timing down for ice spike FRC. I read that discussion but it is still hard to time.

When I was learning the FRC, I was just thankful I wasn't doing Baikan's Yousanzen FRC.