Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greats

Wonderful World

Latest Version: 0.62

Download at Ainefill's Site

For netplay and real-time discussion, come to #ww on irc.mizuumi.net

copy pasta from wiki front page:

---------------------------------------

Wonderful World is a FM2K indie fighter made by Ainefill. If you would like to see some footage to give you an idea of what gameplay is like, you can search for videos on nicovideo or youtube with the phrases "WonderfulWorld" and "wonderful world <character name>" respectively.

While the game is not yet in it's final version (currently 0.62), the game has tournament play in Japan and is pretty well balanced. Unless it's a test version, you can consider any given of Wonderful World a complete game.

Currently the scene outside of Japan consists mostly of people playing online using Lunaport as well as some people who play locals offline. Discussion and matchmaking normally happens in the #WW channel on irc.mizuumi.net, or in the Wonderful World Thread on Dustloop. The community is still relatively small, so please feel free to help us fill out the remaining information on the wiki.

You may also view more details about the game by looking at the official guide packaged with the game. To view it, open the "説明書" folder in the Wonderful World folder and double click wanindex.html to open it in your browser.

---------------------------------------

Other Links

English wiki (non-front pages are very outdated atm, let me know if you're interested in updating stuff)

Japanese wiki

I actually like this game a lot. Defiantly enjoying the grappler, Cielo.

The game seems like a combination of Arcana Heart and Guilty Gear.

So far it's a decent fighting game, if not better. Either way, I'm gonna be wasting substantial amount of time on this.

Oh yeah, there's no music :C but I don't see why that matters, anything you'd play would sound better than the MIDIs in those youtube vids.

EDIT: Just found out what BAMF Sabe is :vbang:

@MassDubPlate

The music should be fine, and it's actually pretty good if you're playing the latest beta, why don't you try redownloading it? And yeah boss Sabe / Red Sabe is pretty beastly until you find out the AI is terrible lol.

If you guys end up liking the game come by #poverty and give me a highlight and I'll be sure to play. Another guy named Skwuck has been giving it quite a bit of play lately so you could ask him too, but I'm going to be out for most the weekend.

edit: Actually I just realized MassDubPlate that you must be running 0.47 since you actually have arcade mode... I reccomend downloading the beta off the front page of the wiki the gameplay is quite a lot better in all aspects, though it is unfortunately lacking an arcade mode.

@MassDubPlate

The music should be fine, and it's actually pretty good if you're playing the latest beta, why don't you try redownloading it? And yeah boss Sabe / Red Sabe is pretty beastly until you find out the AI is terrible lol.

If you guys end up liking the game come by #poverty and give me a highlight and I'll be sure to play. Another guy named Skwuck has been giving it quite a bit of play lately so you could ask him too, but I'm going to be out for most the weekend.

edit: Actually I just realized MassDubPlate that you must be running 0.47 since you actually have arcade mode... I reccomend downloading the beta off the front page of the wiki the gameplay is quite a lot better in all aspects, though it is unfortunately lacking an arcade mode.

oh fuuuuu- there's a newer version :vbang: either way, this game is awesome. I love the system, the characters are innovative, and the visuals are unique. I cannot wait to play this online, but I need more practice, I don't wanna get slaughtered instantly :psyduck:

This game is quite fun. Tales (agp24) and I were playing it last night in Connecticut (at the Fight Night).

I'm playing Lunathia - this girl is pretty awesome. Full screen dust into combo into knockdown reset? Hell yes, even if it is only like 15% damage. Not to mention her zoning/keepaway abilities. :kitty:

As far as the music is concerned - it's hard to hear on my system, but it's definitely there. It sounds like it might be MIDI-based, so you may want to try messing around with your sound settings.

As far as the music is concerned - it's hard to hear on my system, but it's definitely there. It sounds like it might be MIDI-based, so you may want to try messing around with your sound settings.

No no no, Greats was right I wasn't playing the beta. The beta has decent music, but I'd still rather smash someones face to some filthy dubstep no matter what fighter it is :yaaay:

Can any explain how to get netplay going (I'm very new to playing 3rd party fighters on the comp, or any fighters on the comp at all :vbang:) Or at least post a link to something that'll show me? Thanks in advance.

Lunaport wiki page: http://poverty.mizuumi.net/index.php/Lunaport

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?l1zdnymd5gu

tldr;

1) Download lunaport.

2) Extract contents directly into the game folder.

3) Open lunaport.ini (config file) and change the file name at the bottom with .exe at the end to be the same as your wonderful world executable (it's something like "WonderfulWorld_test50.exe").

3.1) You can also set a player name at the top of the config file.

3.2) Save and close the config file.

4) Run lunaport.exe, it should work, make sure you have port 7500 forwarded and you should be able to netplay.

Edit: @Nuclear Cheese

Check out the English Lunathia wiki she can do quite a bit of damage too, it's mostly delayed rejump stuff and she has a pretty strong forced launcher SPC that I forgot the input for. Not sure how much of her stuff from 0.47 still works in the beta though.

Edit: @Nuclear Cheese

Check out the English Lunathia wiki she can do quite a bit of damage too, it's mostly delayed rejump stuff and she has a pretty strong forced launcher SPC that I forgot the input for. Not sure how much of her stuff from 0.47 still works in the beta though.

I've looked at the wiki, and from my attempts either my execution sucks royally (certainly a possibility, but I'd hope not this bad), or most of what they have there involves things that no longer work. For instance, there's a few listed at 6H 5S ... I couldn't get that to link for shit, even (just to see if it was my shitty timing on the link) using turbo to mash the 5S out. The opponent seems to recover before they're low enough to get hit by 5S.

I do get some decent damage (20-30% meterless) with a few combos I scrubbed up on my own, mainly for close range, and they at least lead back into oki or keepaway as I see fit. Still need to play around with how much extra I can get off things like 214S SPC in combos (that's probably the launcher you're thinking of - the one with the sword coming out of the ground).

Also, command grab at far range into 5S/2S/maybe 5H into super is massive damage. Yields 60% or so. But it's risky since you need to get close with far-range set.

PS - anyone else have experience with the Cielo-Lunathia matchup? Based on what Tales and I played, it seems like Cielo is dangerous if she gets in, but Lunathia can keep her away pretty easily and try to wear her down. In other words, the matches were all Tales telling me how much he hates me for having a character that can run away for half of forever. :kitty:

I've looked at the wiki, and from my attempts either my execution sucks royally (certainly a possibility, but I'd hope not this bad), or most of what they have there involves things that no longer work. For instance, there's a few listed at 6H 5S ... I couldn't get that to link for shit, even (just to see if it was my shitty timing on the link) using turbo to mash the 5S out. The opponent seems to recover before they're low enough to get hit by 5S.

Yeah I wouldn't doubt it actually. One of the biggest changes from 0.47 to 0.50 was a decreasing in a lot of the untechable times on moves, especially 6HS's (6HS > 5HS was almost a universal link). So yeah a lot of her old combos are probably nerfed to hell. I do however know that she can cancel her normal attacks into her 4/5/6-O stance changes, so maybe she can use that for some better combo options? If not in combos surely she can at least use it in pressure.

I do get some decent damage (20-30% meterless) with a few combos I scrubbed up on my own, mainly for close range, and they at least lead back into oki or keepaway as I see fit. Still need to play around with how much extra I can get off things like 214S SPC in combos (that's probably the launcher you're thinking of - the one with the sword coming out of the ground).

Yeah that's the one, what you did before was xx > 214S SPC > 5HS > 214S (hit) > 5HS > air combo. You could just do one hit after the sword hit for a launcher, but the 2 5HS's added significant damage.

Also, command grab at far range into 5S/2S/maybe 5H into super is massive damage. Yields 60% or so. But it's risky since you need to get close with far-range set.

Yeah that was around before, stance change is fast so maybe you can tick into it with a stance change or something. Not sure.

PS - anyone else have experience with the Cielo-Lunathia matchup? Based on what Tales and I played, it seems like Cielo is dangerous if she gets in, but Lunathia can keep her away pretty easily and try to wear her down. In other words, the matches were all Tales telling me how much he hates me for having a character that can run away for half of forever. :kitty:

Sounds pretty accurate, I haven't played against any Lunathia players myself though. But as Cielo is the archetypal grappler generally that's how her matchups go. Be careful because she's got that 236P and a couple other moves with a lot of range and you're generally pretty good to go. On the flip side Cielo should probably be looking for opprotunities to tag you with her long range moves so she can start up her mixups.

Yeah I wouldn't doubt it actually. One of the biggest changes from 0.47 to 0.50 was a decreasing in a lot of the untechable times on moves, especially 6HS's (6HS > 5HS was almost a universal link). So yeah a lot of her old combos are probably nerfed to hell. I do however know that she can cancel her normal attacks into her 4/5/6-O stance changes, so maybe she can use that for some better combo options? If not in combos surely she can at least use it in pressure.

Yeah, I played around a bit last night with 6H4O link into 5S. It works, but the timing is a royal bitch and it seems you can't get two iterations of the juggle (5S jSH) like the wiki says. Best I found is

6H4O 5S jSH <land> jKS kKSH236S

... which is only maybe 1% damage more than

6H j<slight delay>SH <land> jKS jKSH236S

Yeah that's the one, what you did before was xx > 214S SPC > 5HS > 214S (hit) > 5HS > air combo. You could just do one hit after the sword hit for a launcher, but the 2 5HS's added significant damage.

I tried the 214S SPC 5H > 214S hits > 5H, but it seems 5H is too slow for it to work in this version. Generally I'll do ___ 214S SPC, then follow with either IAD jH or something like 5S5H (timing the hits to catch right after the sword hits) then into air combo. Not really sure if it's worth the meter, damage-wise, but it at least gives a knockdown (those are hard to come by when your character has no moves that KD standing/crouching opponents) and a change for oki or setting up keepaway.

Yeah that was around before, stance change is fast so maybe you can tick into it with a stance change or something. Not sure.

Playing around last night, I've come to the conclusion that all of Lunathia's damage is in far super. The thing is ridiculous; something like 40% on its own and comboable. And I found some lovely tricks with it, but I'm keeping my mouth shut on those for now. :kitty:

Sounds pretty accurate, I haven't played against any Lunathia players myself though. But as Cielo is the archetypal grappler generally that's how her matchups go. Be careful because she's got that 236P and a couple other moves with a lot of range and you're generally pretty good to go. On the flip side Cielo should probably be looking for opprotunities to tag you with her long range moves so she can start up her mixups.

Yeah, Cielo has at least one move I know that reaches over spikepit. Lunathia players - never set close spikepit against Cielo - it is inviting pain.

Unfortunately, I can't really give any advice in return; I don't have much matchup experience (should probably get on that netplay thing sometime), and Lunathia is the only character I even know the movelist for. Was considering picking up either Ryuza (the Ky-wannabe that he is) or Alicephia (despite half of CT already playing her) as a secondary, but I'm pretty far from having concrete details on their play so far.

Lately I've been getting requests like "What game is this?" and "How can I get this game?". Here's a thread that can help you guys out and even maybe attract a few new players.

The Official Wonderful World [Wan Wan] Thread:

What's Wonderful World? Why the fuck is it called Wan Wan?

-Wonderful World is a Guilty Gear esque fighter for the PC. It's made in Fighter Maker, just like Vanguard Princess, so you can netplay with it as well. WanWan is just a nickname, I'm not really sure where it comes from and it sounds really stupid, though it is less syllables.

List of Pros

•Interesting cast, you'll find a few characters that are standard archetypes, but on the whole you have a very unique roster here.

•No character voices. Definitely a pro for this type of game, not that I particularly dislike in game voice acting.

•Fast paced combo heavy game play with a good balance between execution and practicality.

•"Original Action" Move system. All character have some unique move about them that may or may not use the OA meter (also used for guard cancels and bursts etc). They can range from something very simple and practical like the ability to Perfect Block, to very strong unique moves that use meter.

•Instant startup throws. I think this is a pro, and I think you know if you like or dislike this or not. However there's no airthrows unless you're playing the grappler so you don't need to worry about that.

•It's fun!

Cons

•If more than one or two of those pros listed above are not pros for you, then maybe this is not your type of game. :(

More Information

I'm not here to try to forcefully recruit people, so if you're not interested leave now and don't say anything, thanks. If you're interested, here's some links that should prove useful to you.

http://poverty.mizuumi.net/index.php/Wonderful_World

Front page of the official English wiki. The link to the game, netplay, and IRC channel are all on the front page. Thanks to Bellreisa for supporting the wiki and for his awesome IRC server.

If you have more questions try the FAQ , or any of the other sections on the wiki. If you can't find anything or have a more specific question ask here or in IRC and I'll try to get back to you!

For those of you who actually plan to try out this game, I highly recommend downloading and playing only the beta linked on the front page of the wiki as it's currently the most refined version. Once you're ready for netplay you should come to #poverty on irc.mizuumi.net for match making.

http://poverty.mizuumi.net/index.php/Wonderful_World_Links

These should prove really useful to you, especially if your character doesn't have an English wiki yet.

Last but not least, here's a couple channels with American gameplay and combos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/aokmaniac13#p/u/10/rzERbM7XCfA

http://www.youtube.com/user/grr8ts#p/u/9/3lFb35uG3kM

Most of the gameplay on here is from the current NON beta version, 0.47, though there is some newer vids with 0.50 beta as well.

Thanks you for the post.

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

shiiit, look at all that blood! it got the old guilty gear blood gushes with HnK's blood puddles. Truly a wonderful world

I have in fact actually tried to netplay with Hamachi once, however the connection we got via Hamachi was incredibly laggy compared to our regular connection, and it was not playable. We're talking like instead of getting ~40 average ping, we got pings from 40 to 140 or higher, not exactly something good for netplay. However it might be alright if you pay for premium Hamachi (?).

Has anyone else tried out the new 0.5 final version (not the beta - there's a newer one) yet?

Some things I've noticed:

• Arcade mode is back! Wheee~
  • Music seems to be working consistently now.
  • Lunathia feels like she got nerfed a bit.
    • Air normals seem to have less untechable time. Training dummy keeps recovering from <whatever launch> jKS jJSH236S before the second jS (in 0.5 beta that's a staple combo ender for me). Although, this might just be me screwing up royally, so who knows ...
    • Can no longer relaunch after far super. Goodbye 80% combos. :(
    • At least it's looking like all of her mixups will still work, although they'll likely lead to less damage now.

EDIT:

Shit, almost forgot:

[*]Win quotes.

Didn't bother translating any of them as I was playing, since I'm lazy. Also, I only saw them in arcade mode, but I haven't played VS with anyone yet, so I can't say if they're there.

[*]Odd thing: Neva has a win stance (despite seeming to be the only one that has one). Also, when facing her in arcade mode, the game randomly decided that the fight was best of 1 instead of best of 3; it reverted after that fight, though. :wtf:

Yeah me and some of the other guys on #poverty have been playing it. It seems like it's mostly bug fixes from the beta as well as minor tweaks here and there, and a change on the timing loop to make it feel more like 0.47 speed with all the engine upgrades. Also the command interpreter seems to be pretty much flawless at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDJw-qCcfjY

Player 2 only Ryuza combo, lol.

Also I've discovered that Orphe still has a link off juggled 214S~K into 2P allowing her to get decent combos again.

http://poverty.mizuumi.net/index.php/Orphe

On that note, I've updated the front page of the wiki to have a link to 0.50, and here it is again.

http://www.vector.co.jp/download/file/win95/game/fh517757.html

Hello, I just picked the game up thanks to Nuclear Cheese (I'm one of the CT Crew he mentioned). I've been playing Neva, Lynia and Alicephia as of late. Anyone have tips on playing either of them? Me and Tales are going to be grinding this game so some tips would be appreciated

Was just perusing the japanese wiki and found this little nugget: all air backdashes have invulnerability, much like ground dashes.

I also noticed that there isn't a listing of the backdash invulnerability frame data on our poverty wiki; I'll go ahead and add the info to the system mechanics page (that's where the info is on the japanese wiki, anyways).

Also, can't say much about Fraga's trio, but I do know Alicephia's forward dash can be used to get silly quick air normals, and lead to mixups as she gets close to landing.

Hello, I just picked the game up thanks to Nuclear Cheese (I'm one of the CT Crew he mentioned). I've been playing Neva, Lynia and Alicephia as of late. Anyone have tips on playing either of them? Me and Tales are going to be grinding this game so some tips would be appreciated

For Neva I recommend checking out the wiki page I wrote for her which contains most of the non obscure information I know about playing her. Patient zoning is really important for Neva in most matchups, but her pressure is serious business once she gets in. http://poverty.mizuumi.net/index.php/Neva

Lynia is a really strong character (top tier in most people's opinion, including mine), and excels in rushdown, okizeme, projectile zoning, and anti air. There's some good matchvids of her in the latest nicovid uploads (search WonderfulWorld ver 5). Her 5HS is one of the best if not the best anti air in the game, she can get a lot of damage in the corner, and her projectiles give amazing oki. Once she gets in her blockstrings are no joke, extra command overhead isn't bad since you chain off it, but it's a bit slow.

For Alicephia my advice is a lot more limited, learn her crazy big damage combos (pretty sure they require 25% meter, you steal 25% meter and then SPC it right away), run those groundash mixups, and be careful with spacing and I'm sure you'll come up with something. I know that green projectile she has in the air hits low, that move can be really hard to block if you use it right, my guess is you need meter to get a non OTG combo off it though. I think she can also do a meter steal during OTG, but you're a little vulnerable after as they airtech IIRC. Her biggest combos are centric around getting a launcher then doing airstrings into finger tornado and linking it into more airstrings for as long as you can, pretty I-no of her.

@Nuclear Cheese

Thanks for updating the wiki, I had been wondering about that for awhile.

Thanks alot Greats. For Neva I'm hitting her 421 Loop pretty easily so I'm getting there.

For Alicephia in the previous version she used to be able to combo into her 236236K super to create an untechable combo (It was: 6HS> j.S> j.HS> JC> J.S> j.HS> 236236K> J.S> j.HS> *Delay*> j.HS> 5HS> 6HS> j.S> j.HS> JC> j.S> j.HS> [236236k> J.S> j.HS> *Delay*> j.HS> 5HS> 6HS> j.S> j.HS> JC> j.S> j.HS] 5O/214P), but as of v5 you can't combo into it anymore. Can someone double check this? Cause I can only play on Keyboard and it's been flipping out lately (Stick is under repairs).

I don't play her personally or have the game readily available at the moment, but another Alicephia player was saying her damage / comboability was nerfed from the beta to non beta version, so you're probably right if it doesn't work. I don't know if you're aware but she was able to hit upwards of 70% in 1 combo fairly easily before lol.