Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greats

Wonderful World

This game works with pads?

I tried plugging up my 360 pad for shits and giggles and couldn't get it work.

Chartette's O-action is pretty bad. You have to time it exactly for it to work. It's not as active as a lot of her other moves, which is a disappointment considering how poor her mobility is. Her wall of long normals, damage and the ability to fuck you 90%+ off an air to air CH J.S are what's probably going to make her scary until buffs comes along.

But this is just my view of the character after playing with her for two days. I spread a bunch of other observations on her via twitter but I'll probably compile CH effects of her moves and whatnot later since there isn't a Chartette wiki page to fill up yet.

Also, Agni, MOtionInJoy let's you use 360 controllers as well.

hi i am new to wonferful world.. there's new way to play online without lunaport... MTSP english:

recommend use wippien, hamachi is limited for 5 member.. use gmail account to login wippien

Oh yeah. This game exists. Whoops. Well, time to see if Alice does anything new....Also, I need to start playing this again. Cheese, we must play.

alicephia is a lot better now than she used to be, she got some new special flips in the air. Up flip gives her meterless combos, down flip is a combo ender...

not that you'll need it for anything, sine last time i checked her j.O causes a hard knockdown now

There seems to be a problem involving my stick and Fight Maker mapping.

Basically, while button application and usage is fine, it is completely unresponsive to the actual stick. The problem here of course would be the fact that the program does not allow you to edit directional inputs.

Has anybody else witnessed these problems? The stick is a Hori RAP VX - SA if that's of any use.

There seems to be a problem involving my stick and Fight Maker mapping.

Basically, while button application and usage is fine, it is completely unresponsive to the actual stick. The problem here of course would be the fact that the program does not allow you to edit directional inputs.

Has anybody else witnessed these problems? The stick is a Hori RAP VX - SA if that's of any use.

Does the stick register as buttons, as X/Y axis inputs, or as a "POV switch" input? I believe 2dFM2nd games only look for X/Y axis inputs for directionals.

(You can check what it registers as by going into the controller properties - there's a window somewhere in there that shows what inputs are being triggered)

I don't know specifically about the HRAP VX, but my HRAP3 has a small switch that changes what the stick registers as (Dpad, left stick, or right stick). For games like this I have it set to the "left stick" option and it works fine. If your stick has something along those lines, try switching what the stick registers as and see if that works. Unfortunately, if that's not the case the only thing I could recommend is using a controller input remapper (such as Joy2Key) to remap your stick's inputs to something the game can use; downside to such an approach is that it can introduce extra input lag (how much depends on your system and the particular remapper program you're using).

Just tried out the game because I had nothing better to do, it's pretty damn fun. I also instantly fell in love with Corona lol. Are there still people playing this online? I'm interested in trying my luck against other people.

For the stick problem, I had it too, here's the solution:

In JoyToKey, go into option, under Show/Hide Buttons, set it to Stick x 1+ POV x 1. Go back to configure your stick and put the same directions for the arrows and the POV (left, right, up, down and up, right, down, left). Don't forget to go into Wonderful World's options and set the player 1 keyboard directions to the arrows so that it'll work.

I haven't played in a while, but would like to start playing again.

Best place to ask for matches is on #WW on mizuumi's IRC server though.

Might wanna say that a new version, .78 is out with a new character, named Shake. He's got a sword and seems to be on the slow side, his 5A > 5B isn't even a valid link as far as I can tell. 5O is a counter that puts the opponent in a counter hit state, but couldn't test it beyond that. He has a bar that fills up with use of some attacks, seems to be for his sword, but I can't tell what it's for. He has a 22B super that might use it though, it doesn't do any damage and he just poses when you use it. Not sure what it's for.

Also now all the character roster slots are filled.

Might wanna say that a new version, .78 is out with a new character, named Shake. He's got a sword and seems to be on the slow side, his 5A > 5B isn't even a valid link as far as I can tell. 5O is a counter that puts the opponent in a counter hit state, but couldn't test it beyond that. He has a bar that fills up with use of some attacks, seems to be for his sword, but I can't tell what it's for. He has a 22B super that might use it though, it doesn't do any damage and he just poses when you use it. Not sure what it's for.

Also now all the character roster slots are filled.

Tried out a few things with Shake yesterday. The sword meter, far as I can tell, only appears to be used by his 236S - every fourth time you use the move it hits evtra hard.

While he is a bit on the slow side, he also seems to get decent damage off only a few hits meterless (j.H 5KS 236S gets like 25-30% if I'm remembering correctly). He's not really a character I'm interested in, but I'm sure someone will figure out some tech with him.

Regading the character slots - I dunno if those filling up really means our roster is full. There are still a half-dozen character ideas listed at the bottom of the game's page. I translated them way earlier in this thread, and I remember Shake was among the list. No promises, but we might still be in for more characters.

Also, on an unrelated note I found some new fun for Lunathia. If you BRK ground Hell's Rain, the projectiles hang there for like two seconds. I haven't put time into figuring out specific uses yet (although I do know one silly corner combo that gets even longer with this discovery).

Finally, fun fact - if I'm reading it right, Lunathia's win quote vs Shake says he's "like a gigalo". :roboky:

I'm definitely interested in the wolf martial arts lady.

Gonna try this out when I get home.