Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

George Costanza

New Mortal Kombat

Sonya, Nina, and Jill all have the same plastic surgeon :kitty:

Game looks solid, I wasn't looking for it to play like older MK games, or else I wouldn't like it = w= Still have to play it before I can know if I'll take it seriously or not, but I do love the tag play. And I'm really digging the battle damage, too bad the demo isn't universally available until the 15th...and it won't have any of the characters I'd be interested in using.

My brother is, for some reason, interested in this game. So we'll probably get it.

Then he'll inevitably get tired of it and I'll probably trade it in.

Good times.

My brother is, for some reason, interested in this game. So we'll probably get it.

Then he'll inevitably get tired of it and I'll probably trade it in.

Good times.

Let me guess after he's bored he'll move back to call of duty? If so sounds like my bro.

Sonya, Nina, and Jill all have the same plastic surgeon :kitty:

The same surgeon that Sarah Bryant had on the last twenty years =P

I'll wait to try the game before to give an opinion, but it looks really promising so far.

Even though I really like how Mileena(old main in the early 90s) looks in this game, I don't know if I would buy it. Game still looks clunky to me. The graphics are nice but I don't know if it will have anything more than that.

*shrugs*

The same surgeon that Sarah Bryant had on the last twenty years =P

lol exactly, everyone loves Sarah :kitty: even if her Handcuff Lighting isn't as awesome as Jacky = w=

I gotta say I'm impressed at how deep and content rich this MK is, they're really trying hard to sell this, hopefully it has what it takes to find some room in the bigger tourneys.

One thing I'm curious about is if Scorpion's Teleport Follow-Ups combo off of each other or not, I've seen some cases where they do and others where they seemingly don't.

One other little thing I noticed, Sonya seems to have a stance she can enter that has different follow-ups including a dash. Cyrax seems to also have a Anti-Air throw

Bored so I'm probably gonna go through these vids and list things out I find.

Think of MK vs DC and how that worked out then prepare to get hype for MK9. Hopefully, it's balanced and has some lasting power. People hardly played MK vs DC a year after it's release and it was never tournament worthy.

Since the Australian government is full of babies I can't even order this game overseas -.-

So tell me how this game is gonna be once it's out :)

Okay I just tried the demo.

... and some minutes after I deleted it from my HDD. Is that supposed to be the "renaissance" of Mortal Kombat? The fuck, I'd rather give my money away to Capcom buying SSF4 than even dare to play this new MK for more than 5 minutes.

Ok... I DL'ed the demo, and after further review, MK is back to the way we loved it and MORE! I had my doubts when they announced the game due to it's past FAILURES, and then I saw the video demo and thought: hey, they might be on to something here but... that's what I said when I saw the KOF XII demo vids and most of us know how that turned out...

Then I saw the demo available on PSN and DL'ed it, played it with a friend and we both declared: Mortal Combat has gone back to its roots and is making a comeback! The demo played smoothly and the gameplay is great, I honestly didn't think they would be able to bring the MK series back to life but right now, MK has a pulse and its getting stronger the more I play the demo.

EDIT: Jonny Cage might be my main since he's 1 of the only 2 characters I play. But I might stereotype it and main Jax... IDK?

Same here, today I tried the demo and my first impresion was: I can't belive this is Mortal Kombat.

The game is awesome, the gameplay feels really smooth, the graphics are really cool and the characters have a lot of charisma and plays different as Boon said some time ago, Scorpion special moves are quick, Sub-Zero is slow but powerfull, Johnny Cage is the combo guy and Mileena the low tier lol.

The control layout is still 4 buttons, one to block (duh) and another for the Tag (in the demo you can only play single player so I can't test it) there are two kicks and two punchs (front and back) front punch + front kick is trow, two kicks + block is the X-Ray move and the "enhanced" moves is the command for the move + block. The X-Ray moves are not so easy to connect btw.

The only thing that really piss me off is the camera, it always appear to be in the center and does not give you the feeling of being in the corner, so it's a little hard to calculate the distance between the opponent and you.

Overall the game is easily the best mortal kombat, it has his flaws but it's a really nice start. Day one for me.

Edit: the IA is really bad too, hope they fix that later.

EDIT: Jonny Cage might be my main since he's 1 of the only 2 characters I play. But I might stereotype it and main Jax... IDK?

Bet on 60% to be Sub Zero or Scorpion mains. ^^

I'll try Kratos first and foremost, cuz really, how the hell does he play?

More violent version of his Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny appearance?

I saw a list of the characters somewhere and was disgusted to see Rain was not in

but provided I don't throw up in my mouth while playing the game I'll probably play Ermac

I TOTALLY see this happening

I'm calling it right now; Kratos is gonna be broke as fuck!

i hope that he plays exactly as he plays on god of war iii :kitty: