Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

George Costanza

New Mortal Kombat

Wow this demo is just plain awesome. This is the smoothest MK has ever felt IMO. And custom soundtrack makes me want the full game even more. I can now play MK with unfitting music! Anyone recommend any anime openings? :)

However, my only gripe with the demo is that I prefer Sonya, Kitana or Jade over madam butterface. :kitty:

I saw a list of the characters somewhere and was disgusted to see Rain was not in

but provided I don't throw up in my mouth while playing the game I'll probably play Ermac

i also thought it was weird they left rain out.

Well apparently DLC is going to be a huge thing with them (in one of the IGN previews you can see a section in the character select that says "DLC")

I downloaded the demo Tues but haven't gotten around to playing it, too bust with God(s) Eater and Uprising = 3= Plus I'm not sure how my mom would react :o (she's a huge Mortal Kombat fan XD she says all my other fighters suck ; A; )

Wow this demo is just plain awesome. This is the smoothest MK has ever felt IMO. And custom soundtrack makes me want the full game even more. I can now play MK with unfitting music! Anyone recommend any anime openings? :)

However, my only gripe with the demo is that I prefer Sonya, Kitana or Jade over madam butterface. :kitty:

Rich people that can afford exclusive demos suck. :mad:

Rich people that can afford exclusive demos suck. :mad:

But the demo became available to all PSN users last Tuesday :o

Really? I hadn't heard this, I though it was for those exclusive subscribers?

No, PS+ members just got it a week early that's all (as is the case with most demos release through PS+) yeah all PSN members can dl it now for free! I just haven't gotten around to playing it = w=

I played around in single player the other day with Scorpion. I dunno.

Right now it feels like Mortal Kombat to me. If you can still go back and enjoy MK2 or UMK3 on some level, you'll enjoy this. Maybe if I actually learn the game it'll be more enjoyable, but for now I'm feeling an overwhelming "Eh." for the whole deal.

I was really not impressed with the normals or specials in this or the game in general. Maybe i'm missing something. :1 Maybe those "Target combos" that you can even do on whiff add a lot, dunno. I feel like there's not much reason to play this over other non-airdashers, but I'm really not familiar with MK, so...

i guess that people are not aware of the combo potential of the game yet, like with milena (bear the names, i dont remember the moves right now)

ground roll, lk, teleport kick, ex teleport kick, sai attack, just to name one

and aparently you can link some normals after the teleport of scorpion, though it seems that its kinda strict, 2f perhaps

Quit your damn crying.

No. :) Cuz you're mean.

Anyway, okay so I got it.

Normals feel like Armageddon, and nobody feels like they're doing kookie-kutter-kombos anymore, which is kinda good, but it's going to take a while to learn everything. Also, stuff like Scorpion's stage fatality input are just plain...well...they bring back a lot of memories, lol.

X-Ray stuff feels like a big waste in terms of damage for what you get, which is next to zip once it's blocked, so it's actually better to spend it on enhanced moves, which feel more like they work in combos anyway. Juggling has always been a big part of MK, but usually only the masters get it down, and they aren't exactly Bread-n'-butters either. If this game is going anywhere, it needs a good training mode.

Inputs feel like they got changed over the years, but that's not a bad thing and just something to get used to. Otherwise, everything else feels like MK, and not even fast-paced like MK3 was...more like MK1 and 2 speed. Combos don't need to hit to be done for some, but not all, Sub-Zero's sword combo doesn't come out full if the first hit wiffs so, maybe it's a balance thing.

Honestly, I'm sincerely hoping they didn't brutalize Cyrax and Sektor and Cybersmoke....also heard about Cyber Sub-Zero which I'm looking forward to. Also hoping the MK3 sounds they made make a comeback too.

Kaballin' is in this :o

Guess I'm sold = w= I'll play the demo in the morning

I was sold at Jade lol. Also apparently it looks like Kabal may have some of his MK3 shenanigans intact.

it varies from stage to stage, on the forest i think that its at a sweap distance meanwhile int the pit is close enough for an uppercut

Okay, doing Scorpion's Stage Fatality seems easier than Sub-Zero's for some reason. And, I have no clue how to get that Evil Forest Stage Fatality to work that they showed, unless that's not in the demo?

And for anyone who doesn't know Breaker Move = 6+Block to interrupt combos, I think it takes 2 segments of Meter.

X-Rays can be combo'ed into, so far I've gotten 42% dmg combo. Certain combos can be special cancelled into Scorpion's spear for example, and some characters are more juggle-oriented, like Milweena.

Has anyone heard any sound clips of Cyrax or Sektor or seen full official renders of the lineup yet?

In the video Giant Bomb put out of them playing the demo, they mentioned something about not being able to do the stage fatality in the forest. Don't know why it wouldn't be in the demo, but uh...yeah.

Has anyone heard any sound clips of Cyrax or Sektor or seen full official renders of the lineup yet?

There are some HQ renders but private at the moment, when the game is released will be published for sure.