Sign in to follow this  
bizarro

AC: Strategy Guide

Yea, it's basically just practice, practice and more practice. In the beginning, you might want to take it slower and make sure you hear the reassuring clicks from the stick - that'll teach you approximately how far and fast you can pull it and still pull off the moves. After a while though you'll develop the feel for it

I think this should go to General Discussion but here we go.

Any hints/tips from you Dizzy players?

Keep in mind that the command for dashing is actually 656 and for AD it is 956.

I find it pretty hard to IAD to right. I use 6956. The wierd this is that this allows me to IAD faster (closer to the ground) than IAD to the right with 956...

Has anyone else been able to do the TK P bubble, and then pop it with the spear on its up flight? I can do it with the other bubble types, and the guide here (very awesome btw) says you can do it with the P (but not with the S interestingly enough), but I can never hit it. I've gotten razor close, but still no good.

I've been lacking a video cable until recently, so I haven't really been able to try, but I'll do it as soon as I get home.

Doesn't work for me, even with the lowest possible TK bubble. =( Even then, you're probably better off with the K-bubble because: 1. Better hit box to pop 2. Lower ground protection because air spike covers more of the air

Can no longer be combod into 2D (changed from GGXX:Slash). Very good damage, and Dizzy's longest-range normal. A level 4 attack, which means it can stuff out many of an opponent's pokes.

As mentioned in the Gameplay forum thread, this is wrong. Level does not effect what move will beat another move at all.

As mentioned in the Gameplay forum thread, this is wrong. Level does not effect what move will beat another move at all.

Thanks for pointing it out. Unfortunately, bizarro doesn't post anything more at all and I haven't read through this guide to it's entirety, so it might contain more faults. If anybody else finds something weird, suspicious or plainly wrong I'll take a look at it.

Hey guys I'm sorry I haven't been around at all, a lot of things have happened (life) and so I haven't been adding new material or checking the forums for questions and whatnot. In fact I haven't touched AC in so long that I probably need to read my own guide to remember how to play O_O... it's sad really because right before I went "afk" I was working vigorously on a whole new set of okizeme/pressure/mixups that I've been exploring. Anyway I'm gonna skim through the new posts here and see what's new, I'm sure you guys are all dizzy experts by now and I'm probably left behind in the dust :v: In terms my time management I don't think I'll be able to spend adequate time in keeping up with forums, news, videos, skills, etc. until summer break or something of that nature but we'll see what happens. EDIT: thanks everyone for your helpful comments btw!

...The most problems that are bugging is the IADing and dashing after the Ice Spike FRC ><

Everytime I end combo with Ice Spike and I FRC it, I wanna dash to continue but after the FRC Dizzy just normally walks; ;

Any hints/tips from you Dizzy players?

...Oh and this is my second experience with the arcades, my first was...like 5-6 years ago ._.

I also went through the trouble of converting from pad to stick so I feel ya. When you are dashing, make sure that your stick returns to neutral. A lot of times the problem is that you anticipate what you want to do so much that you rush the motion, and since the stick is so precise, oftentimes you don't return it to neutral.

Also, after an icespike FRC, a common practice is to hit the forward direction at the same time as you are hitting your 3 buttons for the FRC. This makes dashing forward after an icespike FRC a lot easier, as your first directional input is already taken care of, and you only need to return to neutral and hit forward again.

So it's like... 236H > 6+PKS > 56

EDIT: About the TK bubble issue, I'm sorry if it caused anybody more frustration than necessary :sweatdrop: I can't remember if the TK punch bubble works or not because I always use the TK kick bubble. I'll test it out later. EDIT2: P bubble definitely doesn't work. Sorry guys. S bubble doesn't work if tigerkneed just off the ground, but with higher S bubbles can be popped.

EDIT: About the attack-level issue. I'm not an expert on the game engine so I'm probably wrong, I'll rephrase that. Thanks Gwyrgyn. BTW what I was trying to say is that even in the event of a hit exchange, the counterhit caused by your level4 attack gives you more of a chance to recover from their poke and follow up with a combo. I don't quite remember what I wrote so I'll have to check it out. EDIT2: nm you guys fixed it already :v:

I'm having a lot of trouble IADing low enough that j.2S hits a crouching opponent. I know it's just a matter of practice to get the IAD lower, but can someone just tell me if it's possible to land it on all crouching characters, and if not, which characters it won't work on?

Also, if there are characters it doesn't work on, what am I supposed to do instead?

you can hit any character but for some characters if theyre croucing i ussually wait a split second after the IAD to hit them if there crouching, that way dizzy falls a bit before the J2.S hitbox comes out. Somebody else should confirm cause i've been playing more Eddie than Dizzy lately, i swear he's like 10 easier to win with:(

The only characters it doesn't work on are Zappa and Anji. It even works on Faust, granted he is blocking and not crouch walking. However, against I-no, Jam, Millia, and Eddie, you have to have the lowest possible IAD for it to hit, which you most likely won't get 100% of the time. Therefore as a general rule of thumb, I never try the IAD > j.2S mixups against these characters.

you can hit any character but for some characters if theyre croucing i ussually wait a split second after the IAD to hit them if there crouching, that way dizzy falls a bit before the J2.S hitbox comes out. Somebody else should confirm cause i've been playing more Eddie than Dizzy lately, i swear he's like 10 easier to win with:(

Yep. Agreed. Thank god for that j2S in AC. Pre AC dizzy had some shitty, impossible high low games on some characters. And having jP or jHs as AD opener ... :arg:

Lol @ Eddie use. Hurray for balance! :sweatdrop:

Also, I've been trying to meaty with 214H off of a throw, so I set the CPU to block and jump, and it always gets off the ground. Shouldn't a true meaty hit them before their jump executes? Is it possible to do this with 214H?

It depends on the character really, some characters are able to jump block the 214H, some aren't. The ones that have more delay when waking up probably can't jump in time (JA, AB, ZA, etc)

Ok I just started this game a few weeks ago and I'm trying to get IAD low enough to hit crouching characters. I just wanted to know if it's easier to get a low IAD with arcade sticks since I'm using a gamepad right now and it just seems impossible. The IAD j.2S seems very important which is why I really want to perform it perfectly.

actualy iad on stick is harder than pad(956 instead of tapping 96). for j2s i believe u don't want to do it that low but as fast as possible for double air dash mix up and blocking state will make hit box bigger take advantage of that

Yeah, that's been my problem with IADing 2S, not pulling it off early enough. I also am sometimes inconsistent with pulling of IAD ~ bubble, and then sometimes I can't pop it fast enough. :mad:

question about bubble setup. i'm just recently implementing 6h bubble combo setup in my games... i got problem, that i cannot seem to hit with it on random occasion (well not really random as i use 6h as my main poke last sat >_> ), and when i'm doing it on oki even more impossible to be hit, any tips?... i'm starting to love A.B.A match-up cause of this lol

Sign in to follow this