Sign in to follow this  
Kyle

Helpful Japanese for our DUSTLOOP community

You can install it easy if you have Vista or 7.

With XP, it's not as easy. you just have to download it. It's built in Vista and 7.

Not really in the mood to install shit on a public comp :|

They play CT Rachel & I'm not differentiating between CT, CS, GGXX:AC & GGXX:Slash. =P

If you are counting CT Rachel then there is another thread in the archive for CT videos which has many more top CT Rachel players.

Johnny:

Suzume - 雀

Satou - さとぅ

MK

Jonio - じょにお

Hakumen:

A-92

Suzume - 雀

Tenchi - てんちてんち

All taken care of Soniti.

Very helpful Leo7. Thank You

Here is the current list of "Needs"

Mikado

Tougeki

A.B.A.

Kazuki

Ten

Yossan

Satou

Jonio

Omito

Ain

Hayashi

Ina

Rena

Sanma

SAGA

Ochiai

Tsujikawa

Taku

Tanabata

Niga

Uddei

HEVEN

Batako

WHITE

Kimura

Kyaro

Neronero

Sakkaishi

Omitan

Onii

V13

Mu12

Tsubu

Koto Kazuna

Iroha

Minami

Ruki

Attsun

Nakamura

Sawa

Maddo

Eesuke

Ranrebo

Yuki

A.B.A - Fumo, Tsubu, also the white one from Mikado vids

Baiken - Koto, Kazuna, Iroha

Chipp - Minami, Susumu (ススム)

Dizzy - Ruki

I-No - Attsun

Millia - Nakamura

Slayer - Sawa

Sol - Roy (ロイ)

Venom - Maddo

Carl - Eesuke, Ranrebo, Yuki (Yuuki?)

huh, for whatever reason i ended up typing out the kana for tenchi twice.

should be just "てんち".

i made some corrections and filled in most of the "needs"; i don't follow BB *too* much so i'm not familiar with several player names and i left them to someone who knows more than i do in that department.

don't forget to check the official pages when in doubt about character names!

also i would be happy to (try to) answer FAQs but i don't remember what's frequently asked, so please post up and i'll try to answer the question (or PM me and i'll post the question + answer back in here).

ah, here are two japanese loanwords we use that probably deserve a proper explanation:

Abare ("ah-bah-reh", 暴れ)

"Abare", in the sense of fighting games, refers to the act of trying to interrupt the opponent's attacks when you are being pressured with an attack that is invincible and/or has very fast start-up.

This is contrast with the more "dictionary" sense of the word, which means to "run rampage or riot", and also contrasts with the somewhat confused notion that "abare" refers to the average damage a character can do off of a random poke (although one can see where the confusion originally occurred in this explanation/translation).

Thus, an example of abare would be something like a good "uppercut" (be it Sol's VV or Johnny's overdrive), or a very fast normal attack (like many characters' 2P or 2K or something), although since throws in GG are instant, throwing is also considered to be a form of abare.

Okizeme ("o-kee-zeh-meh", 起き攻め)

Okizeme refers to the act of attacking the opponent after they rise from a knocked down state, giving the attacker the opportunity to force a mix-up on the defender.

============================================

there must be others, but i can't think of any right now. (i think aside from these two, most terms used by English speakers are of English origin.)

o.0

Wow

RTL42 To The Rescue!

Here's the last list of "Needs": Anyone able, please contribute!

Super Battle Opera Tougeki

Mikado

WHITE

Kyaro

Neronero

Sakkaishi

Omitan

Onii

V13

Mu12

Now that the list is about complete, I'm not opposed to putting a little info about some players & ranking for obvious skill differences. I will give it my once over in a bit.

The rest:

Tougeki - 闘劇

Mikado - ミカド

WHITE - I don't actually know, but I'm assuming by the all caps name that he usually doesn't write his name in kana.

Sakkaishi - 殺界師

Omitan - おみたん

Kyaro - キャロ

Neronero - ネロネロ

Onii - 鬼い

v-13 - ニュー

mu12 - I'm going to assume it goes by ムー

Names that I think should be added:

Sol - Kusoru (クソル) a.k.a. best player ever

Jam - Karun (かるん) who sometimes goes by Yayoi (やよい)

CS Rachel - Kusoru (クソル) a.k.a. best player ever

Haku-men - Suzume (雀) is already there, but it's worth noting that in BB vids he usually goes by the name Chin (ちん)

Jin - Hiroshi (ひろし)

Ragna - Reki (レキ), Tetsu (てつ), Naru (なる)

Litchi - Lucky (ラッキー)

Taokaka - Keita (けいた), Denpa (電波), Kazuhira (カズヒラ), Mepa (めぽ)

Tsubaki - Ebi-Fry (エビフライ)

Lambda - Tsukasa (つかさ), Reria (れりあ)

Tager - Loveless (ラブレス), Puu (プー), Nekonin (ねこにん)

Nice Leo7! I will update.

last thing to do is verify the SBO results for the last few years.

Satuu and Chonari were the guys who got 2nd in SBO '09 (you've got Omito and Mitsurugi listed as the 09 runner-ups). Their teammate Mugen got 2nd in SBO '08 and '09.

Mugen in '08 was teamed up with En (SL) and Lime-Key (AN). I don't remember earlier than that.

Edit: Actually, I don't know how I could forget '07 runner-ups. '07 was mike, Satoshi and Arisaka (Slayer). Fun fact, mike was dressed as Jack Sparrow and calling himself "Captain Kaleido Star"

Also, besides Nezu, you might as well say "will attempt to use FRKZ every round". Probably invented a lot of the FRKZ combos in CS (j.4c loops in particular).

I'm also perplexed as to what comment would be appropriate enough to describe Kusoru, but a comment should definitely be made.

Updated-

Missing SBO 2nd pace results for 06' 05' 04' 03'

Missing MoonRunes for Arisaka

Kusoru-is that the LOL sol who does nothin' but special move? Mega Laughs right?

More nico comments.

上手- Jouzu- literally "skillful"

よわい- weak

いい- good

Leo: めぽ is "Mepo", not "Mepa".

i'm not sure about how helpful it is to write down various Japanese adjectives you'll see floating on some match at nicodouga, but if people want it then i guess that's fine.

Sorry, yea it's suppose to be Mepo, thanks for the catch.

After looking through some old vids, here:

'05 runner-up:

Arisakashinya - ありさかしんや (RO) <-- I'm 95% sure this is the same Arisaka playing Slayer from SBO5, looks the same/Imo - いも (ZA)/Nemo - ネモ (FA)

'04 runner-up:

Imo - いも (ZA)/Nemo - ネモ (FA)/Kaqn - かきゅん (JA) <-- yea almost the same team as above

I have no clue about '03.

Edit:

Ok, so nico commentors are saying Hiroshi is Tetsu, which is probably true. Thus, change Hiroshi to Tetsu (てつ). The "Hiroshi" name is an anime reference.

Very last one: DIE-Chan (???)

I'm pleased with the list and hope everyone uses this a reference. =)

Special thanks to Leo7 & RTL42 for their enormous contributions.

Carl: Yuki I meant is the Christmas colours Carl from A-cho, he spells his name with like a dash-thing between the two symbols. (ゆーき).

Then it's Yuuki.

The dash doubles the preceding vowel.

yeah arisaka switched from Slayer to Robo.

btw, try to remember to write しんや as Shin'ya -- if you write "Shinya", then it actually refers to しにゃ, although knowledgeable people will guess that you meant to write "Shin'ya". This occurs in a lot of words and names in Japanese -- words like 店員(てんいん) = ten'in, or names like 健一郎(けんいちろう) = ken'ichirou, etc. -- so it's good to keep in mind when romanizing.

(just to be clear, i'd like to point that out to everyone in general, and i'm not trying to single out Leo07.)

You might want to add Izayoi Matoi (十六夜マトイ) to the list of Taokaka players.

Regarding fighting game words there's one expression that I'd like to hear rtl42's opinion on: in a lot of videos I often seem to hear the expression "game-ashi" (がめ脚 ?) which seems to be used everytime the opponent either gets swept in the air or gets knocked down.

First off, did I hear that right or is that word/expression spelled differently? Second off is that the right meaning?

Oh well, I figure I might as well provide a few terms I know of:

grab/throw: nage (投げ)

airgrab/airthrow: kuu nage (空投げ)

I'll post other terms when I recall them, heh :v:

More nico comments.

上手- Jouzu- literally "skillful"

よわい- weak

いい- good

Usually rather than using "いい" to compliment someone on being good/skillfull you use 上手い (umai)

a lot of times on niconico comments you'd also read うめー (Umee) which is a slangish/colloquial form of it

Sign in to follow this