Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA SoCal arcade scene: BB, GG, MB (and other airdashers)

Yes, I'm back from my long hiatus, and in full force.

Let's see how well we can bring the FFA airdasher scene back.

Family Fun Arcade

10363 Balboa Blvd.

Granada Hills, CA 91344

(818) 360-0419

Currently we have:

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Guilty Gear Λ Core

Melty Blood Act Cadenza ver. B

Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-stars (Yes, the console version if you're into this game)

Since we just got BBCS, GG is now second most popular with MB in third.

If you're looking for competition, you'll find plenty on the weekends, and I'm trying to get people to show up for Thursdays. I'll be there every Thurs night generally from 7PM-2AM. For Thursday night casuals I'll be bringing in my BlazBlue Continuum Shift with smexy Mu and Makoto.

Tournaments will be coming soon (http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9338-FFA-Airdasher-Bi-weekly-Tournaments-%28BB-GG-MB-etc.%29-Season-2010).

Keep posted for possible Melty Blood Actress Again arcade cabinet in the future!

Since I haven't had much of a chance to step up my BBCS game, I've been focusing a lot on Guilty Gear and Melty Blood. I still keep up with BBCT (which isn't too big a deal, because the combos for my character are almost exactly the same) and I'll be just as good as I was when we were doing tournaments for it, but I've been taking this time to get better at GG and MB.

GG: Baiken, Jam

MB: C-Ciel, C-Mech, F-Kohaku, F-SAkiha

BB: Carl, Tao

Oni, DinnerPlate, and I were playing at least until 12:30 AM tonight, so the competition is usually there. If you show up, though, I will definitely be there, and my GG skills are no slouch anymore.

Ugh, I hate Axl (You play Axl, right?)! I'll money match you for 25c as much as you'd like, lol.

I'll be at FFA tonight for casuals. I get off at 10PM, so I'll be there till closing. I'm supposed to be there in case something goes wrong with the MvC2 tournament anyways.

He did make a surprise appearance at Warzone.

I mostly missed having an arcade on the way home from work. But I'd also miss BB:CS more. If only there was a way that these two can come together...

He did make a surprise appearance at Warzone.

I mostly missed having an arcade on the way home from work. But I'd also miss BB:CS more. If only there was a way that these two can come together...

Well, I'll be bringing my BBCS for console once I get it (JP release July 1st). Ralph might get the arcade version, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that. The best bet is just waiting for the console release.

I can probably set it up on the huge HDTV that they have SSF4 on right now. I checked the video lag with Rock Band and it's a lot better than I thought it was (20ms, which is just slightly over 1 frame of lag).

Just getting off work now, I'll be playing GG and others all night until closing (4PM). I'm bringing MBAA for PS2, also.

Great matches Raptor, CrimsonBlaze and Seungpyo. I had a lot of fun tonight. Seung, wow, your I-No and Axl are untouchable.

I'll be down there tonight, probably from 8-9:45; 11-1:30.

Also, got a confirmation on my shipment order for the JP BBCS. I should get it shipped on Friday July 2nd, so I might bring it there on that day also.

See you at FFA!

GGs in Guilty Gear tonight, AGnat. You helped me learn some tricks on how Zappa plays.

Great matches all: Raptor, Tronzilla, DinnerPlate, and Amanita.

It's a shame you had to go right before I could hop on, AGnat.

You're getting good at Melty Blood, Amanita. Your game theory has really improved.

I hope your hand gets better, DinnerPlate.

Hopefully you can show up next time, Oni, I missed our matches.

I can't believe that I beat your Mech-Hisui Id.... if even only 1 match.. I really must be getting better.

Well, the second match was really close. You really know how to utilize Sion's super armor attacks.

GGs to everyone else, too: $2, CrimsonBlaze, and everyone who played me at Melty Blood (I don't know all your names).

Hope to see some of you guys tonight, but I know you might be at Anime Expo. I'll be at FFA.