Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA SoCal arcade scene: BB, GG, MB (and other airdashers)

Apparently some people got their JP BBCS copies early. I don't have mine yet, so if somebody wants to bring it for the Thurs night fights, that would be awesome. I'll be bringing my PS3.

I, Jason D, and Shin ATProof should be there tonight. Getting our Gear on.

Also, I will likely be in next thursday GRINDING SOME MATCHES before I leave for EVO.

Well, if you guys don't mind playing facing an incredibly rusty Sol player then. . .

Good Games to all last night: Oni, Dinnerplate, BADX, Amanita, and especially Seungpyo. Jason D. and AGnat, sorry I couldn't play you guys. Dayne, the guy who normally works Thursdays got in a bad car accident, shattered some vertebrae and totaled his car, so I'm covering his Thursday night shifts for awhile. I get off at 10PM, but I'll set up any games I need to while I'm working.

As for BBCS, Playasia hasn't shipped it yet. I think I didn't make the first batch with my pre-order. I'm going to try another outlet to get it early, but chances are I won't have it till next week.

Usually later at night around 8-11PM. Seungpyo is here almost everyday at roughly that time, but he's a monster (Got 43 wins Thurs night). The best thing to do is if you don't see anyone playing, hop on and fight the computer anyways, that'll let other GG players know you want to play. If I'm out playing another game and I see someone good is playing the computer I'll challenge, I know a lot of other people think that way, too.

Thurs nights seem to be the best time to come, but Friday and Saturday are obviously great nights also. I'll be bringing in my PS3 copy of BBCS once it comes in the mail from Playasia, so we'll have challengers for that, too.

If I'm out playing another game and I see someone good is playing the computer I'll challenge, I know a lot of other people think that way, too.

Hahaha, that's the problem, I wasn't good even when I practiced the game. I bet I can't even FRC ice spike anymore =(

I'll keep my eyes on this thread. I'm down for something to happen on Thursday.

So will I. Needed some very overdue rematches once i get the groove back. . . and yes, Seung is a monster, a monster we all have mad respect for. MUST TAKE DOWN.

Well, I don't know my schedule anymore for today. Ralph has a hotel room in Las Vegas for EVO and wanted to know if I wanted in with him. So I don't know when I'm leaving and all of that. I might end up working today because of it, too. We'll see.

I'll post an update from FFA when I know more.

Looks like I'm working all day today. I get off at 10PM, but I'm up for games after, and if something happens on the machine I'll fix it while I'm working. I can't stay too late, though, I want to get an early start for EVO tomorrow morning, and I'll be driving there.

No, no CS yet. Fuck Playasia.com.

No CS yet. I talked to Render at Evo, and he said he had the same problem. He called up Playasia, and they said their next shipment will come in on July 15th, which is this Thurs. So, I might have it Thurs, considering I ordered it with fastest shipping and Japan is something like 15 hours ahead of us.

I'll most likely have it by Saturday, though, so I'm up for games on Saturday.

So, I'm planning on trying to start tournaments up again when the US ver. of BBCS is out. I'm thinking at least two weeks after its release. What day do you guys think would be better, Sat or Sun?

So, I'm planning on trying to start tournaments up again when the US ver. of BBCS is out. I'm thinking at least two weeks after its release. What day do you guys think would be better, Sat or Sun?

Sun plz

Also, tell your boss @ FFA that you guys should go legit and just buy MikeZ's BBCS board.

Sun plz

Also, tell your boss @ FFA that you guys should go legit and just buy MikeZ's BBCS board.

To Sunday: Seconded.

To Buying Mike Z's board: Seconded.

:eng101:

This post was a complete success.

Ralph is working on getting a BBCS arcade version, but there's a lot of factors involved:

- There's a patch coming to arcade machines. Already if you buy a new one it has Mu and the new AHs. There is also supposed to be more patches to come. Ralph's in contact with Aksys games trying to figure out what's going on in that department.

- The console version just came out, so Ralph is trying to get the best deal he can.

Ralph is already in contact with Mike Z., but I think Ralph has other offers, too, so we'll see.

When we get the game, though it'll be on some badass HD arcade cabinets that are coming through customs right now. Expect cool things coming in the future (BB and non-BB related things).

There's been a lot of things that have been occupying Ralph's time that were more important than getting CS (kind of personal things that I can't really discuss). But, he's working on getting that and MBAA for arcades, so hold tight.

P.S. Does anybody know if BBCS fixed the arcade version so that Event Mode doesn't include free play?